Gene you poor soul

bw-2
subject=Re: Re: \got a new problem with heyu, and it is a bug in bfltty that kills all /dev/ttyUSBnumber's

>> Sorry to but in, but really Gene... don't you think that accessibility
>> for the blind is more important, than controlling the lights in your
>> house, or whatever you are using heyu for?  It's only an initial
>> setup, it's not permanent.  I mean really, have a little compassion?
>
>Thats exactly why I am arguing for brltty to be fixed. Because it should
>be able to co-exist.  And it can't do that now.

Gene you poor soul, I will pray for you.

Re: Gene you poor soul

Gene Heskett-4
On Tuesday 21 May 2019 05:48:54 pm bw wrote:

> subject=Re: Re: \got a new problem with heyu, and it is a bug in
> bfltty that kills all /dev/ttyUSBnumber's
>
> >> Sorry to but in, but really Gene... don't you think that
> >> accessibility for the blind is more important, than controlling the
> >> lights in your house, or whatever you are using heyu for?  It's
> >> only an initial setup, it's not permanent.  I mean really, have a
> >> little compassion?
> >
> >Thats exactly why I am arguing for brltty to be fixed. Because it
> > should be able to co-exist.  And it can't do that now.
>
> Gene you poor soul, I will pray for you.

I appreciate it, but TBT I think I have made it this far because he's not
ready to cope with a stubborn old fart that I can be.  He's had several
chances over the last 50 years, and thrown me back everytime. Pulmonary
embolisms are about 98% fatal, but 4 years later I'm still calling it
like I see it. I will admit to thinking a little fuzzier since then as
my brain suffered from lack of oxygen for 3 or 4 hours while the
clotbuster shot was working.  And I sure don't recommend it as a way to
die. Scary & terrifying is not an adequate description.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: Gene you poor soul

Jude DaShiell-3
If brltty is killing all other usb numbers, that's a bug that needs
fixing!  Much of the other computer peripherals going into modern
computers these days go in through usb ports.
If that ran, my standard keyboard and speakers would be killed and if
those two get killed, I can't use a computer since I use speech
synthesis for output since I've never been able to see a screen.

One time I remember the Navy went and fixed band width hogging bugs with
their mandatory training and took out the requirement to position a
mouse and click to move to the next slide.  This was done to support
accessibility.  Its other effect was on all of the ships in the fleets.
Sailors suddenly discovered it was easier to complete their mandatory
training.
That was one instance where accessibility improvement had a good effect
on those in remote environments.

On Tue, 21 May 2019, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 19:56:58
> From: Gene Heskett <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Gene you poor soul
>
> On Tuesday 21 May 2019 05:48:54 pm bw wrote:

> > subject=Re: Re: \got a new problem with heyu, and it is a bug in
> > bfltty that kills all /dev/ttyUSBnumber's

> > >Thats exactly why I am arguing for brltty to be fixed. Because it
> > > should be able to co-exist.  And it can't do that now.
> >
> > Gene you poor soul, I will pray for you.
>
> I appreciate it, but TBT I think I have made it this far because he's not
> ready to cope with a stubborn old fart that I can be.  He's had several
> chances over the last 50 years, and thrown me back everytime. Pulmonary
> embolisms are about 98% fatal, but 4 years later I'm still calling it
> like I see it. I will admit to thinking a little fuzzier since then as
> my brain suffered from lack of oxygen for 3 or 4 hours while the
> clotbuster shot was working.  And I sure don't recommend it as a way to
> die. Scary & terrifying is not an adequate description.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Re: Gene you poor soul

Gene Heskett-4
On Tuesday 21 May 2019 08:07:17 pm Jude DaShiell wrote:

> If brltty is killing all other usb numbers, that's a bug that needs
> fixing!  Much of the other computer peripherals going into modern
> computers these days go in through usb ports.
> If that ran, my standard keyboard and speakers would be killed and if
> those two get killed, I can't use a computer since I use speech
> synthesis for output since I've never been able to see a screen.

This only affected the seriel to usb dongles.  And I've at least 3 in
this system.  Since x10 will never make another CM-11a, and a
firecracker is different enough it won't talk to any of the older stuff,
it either works or I build a whole new system to automate one group of
lights.

> One time I remember the Navy went and fixed band width hogging bugs
> with their mandatory training and took out the requirement to position
> a mouse and click to move to the next slide.  This was done to support
> accessibility.  Its other effect was on all of the ships in the
> fleets. Sailors suddenly discovered it was easier to complete their
> mandatory training.
> That was one instance where accessibility improvement had a good
> effect on those in remote environments.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: Gene you poor soul

martin McCormick-3
Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Tuesday 21 May 2019 08:07:17 pm Jude DaShiell wrote:
>
> > If brltty is killing all other usb numbers, that's a bug that needs
> > fixing!  Much of the other computer peripherals going into modern
> > computers these days go in through usb ports.
> > If that ran, my standard keyboard and speakers would be killed and if
> > those two get killed, I can't use a computer since I use speech
> > synthesis for output since I've never been able to see a screen.
> >
> This only affected the seriel to usb dongles.  And I've at least 3 in
> this system.  Since x10 will never make another CM-11a, and a
> firecracker is different enough it won't talk to any of the older stuff,
> it either works or I build a whole new system to automate one group of
> lights.
>
> > One time I remember the Navy went and fixed band width hogging bugs
> > with their mandatory training and took out the requirement to position
> > a mouse and click to move to the next slide.  This was done to support
> > accessibility.  Its other effect was on all of the ships in the
> > fleets. Sailors suddenly discovered it was easier to complete their
> > mandatory training.
> > That was one instance where accessibility improvement had a good
> > effect on those in remote environments.

        I found this thread accidentally and got interested in it
so here are my two Cents worth.

        When you run a program or application, that application
may need kernel modules that aren't part of the kernel right now
so it looks in a special directory which is
/lib/modules/long_number.  In my case, long_number is

4.9.0-6-686-pae

        Yours could be the same or more likely, it will be
different and you find that out with the command

uname -r

        The output you get from uname -r is what you put after
/lib/modules/

        Your modules directory might have a module supporting
brltty and you can find that out by cd
/lib/modules/that_long_number and then doing ls |grep -i brltty.

        What that does is list all the files in the directory and
only print those containing brltty in their name and it won't
matter if the brltty is all upper case, lower case or some crazy
mixture.

        If nothing is there, you have no brltty modules so you
have found the bottom of that rabbit hole and don't need to dig
any further.

        If you do, however, then lookup how to keep your computer
from using that module since you don't need brltty anyway.  That
procedure is different with different versions of Linux so read
how your version blacklists kernel modules to keep them from ever

        This is one of the many things about unix that are really
useful since you can tweak your system to fix seemingly
intractable problems at times.

Martin McCormick

Re: Gene you poor soul

Gene Heskett-4
On Tuesday 21 May 2019 11:01:00 pm Martin McCormick wrote:

> Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> writes:
> > On Tuesday 21 May 2019 08:07:17 pm Jude DaShiell wrote:
> > > If brltty is killing all other usb numbers, that's a bug that
> > > needs fixing!  Much of the other computer peripherals going into
> > > modern computers these days go in through usb ports.
> > > If that ran, my standard keyboard and speakers would be killed and
> > > if those two get killed, I can't use a computer since I use speech
> > > synthesis for output since I've never been able to see a screen.
> >
> > This only affected the seriel to usb dongles.  And I've at least 3
> > in this system.  Since x10 will never make another CM-11a, and a
> > firecracker is different enough it won't talk to any of the older
> > stuff, it either works or I build a whole new system to automate one
> > group of lights.
> >
> > > One time I remember the Navy went and fixed band width hogging
> > > bugs with their mandatory training and took out the requirement to
> > > position a mouse and click to move to the next slide.  This was
> > > done to support accessibility.  Its other effect was on all of the
> > > ships in the fleets. Sailors suddenly discovered it was easier to
> > > complete their mandatory training.
> > > That was one instance where accessibility improvement had a good
> > > effect on those in remote environments.
>
> I found this thread accidentally and got interested in it
> so here are my two Cents worth.
>
> When you run a program or application, that application
> may need kernel modules that aren't part of the kernel right now
> so it looks in a special directory which is
> /lib/modules/long_number.  In my case, long_number is
>
> 4.9.0-6-686-pae
>
> Yours could be the same or more likely, it will be
> different and you find that out with the command
>
> uname -r
>
> The output you get from uname -r is what you put after
> /lib/modules/
>
> Your modules directory might have a module supporting
> brltty and you can find that out by cd
> /lib/modules/that_long_number and then doing ls |grep -i brltty.
>
> What that does is list all the files in the directory and
> only print those containing brltty in their name and it won't
> matter if the brltty is all upper case, lower case or some crazy
> mixture.
>
> If nothing is there, you have no brltty modules so you
> have found the bottom of that rabbit hole and don't need to dig
> any further.
>
> If you do, however, then lookup how to keep your computer
> from using that module since you don't need brltty anyway.  That
> procedure is different with different versions of Linux so read
> how your version blacklists kernel modules to keep them from ever
>
> This is one of the many things about unix that are really
> useful since you can tweak your system to fix seemingly
> intractable problems at times.
>
> Martin McCormick

Its working now, and I have other irons in the fire, like how do I print
to a printer shared by cups, from a win 10 Home edition that has taken a
snapshot of its full screen window and has stored it on the win 10 box.
I've been forced to buy a winderz box to do a job that will bill in the
low 4 digit range.  And I'll need on site printouts so it looks as if I
go spend another $40 on a cheap inkjet and carry it around.  And I can't
even find the printer setup as I only had one other winbox in my life..
I started out in the nix camp in the middle 80's, went to amigados in
the 90's, and to linux in '98 without ever having windows on the
premises. So I'm the dummy they write all those yellow books for.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: Gene you poor soul

mick crane
On 2019-05-22 04:40, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Its working now, and I have other irons in the fire, like how do I
> print
> to a printer shared by cups, from a win 10 Home edition.

I've only ever done it with networked printers.
You may get lucky with cupsd on linux box that can print if you let
windows search for a printer.
Otherwise the printer to select will be, I forget exactly, may be "local
printer"

http://ipaddress_of_pc_running_cupsd:631/exact_name_cups_identifies_printer_with.

good luck

mick

Key ID    4BFEBB31

Re: Gene you poor soul

mick crane
On 2019-05-22 07:52, mick crane wrote:

> http://ipaddress_of_pc_running_cupsd:631/exact_name_cups_identifies_printer_with.
sorry, seem to remember that's.
http://ipaddress_of_pc_running_cupsd:631/printers/exact_name_cups_identifies_printer_with

probably need the driver on windows as well.
mick

Key ID    4BFEBB31

Re: Gene you poor soul

Curt
On 2019-05-22, Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Its working now, and I have other irons in the fire, like how do I print
> to a printer shared by cups, from a win 10 Home edition that has taken a
> snapshot of its full screen window and has stored it on the win 10 box.

I did it like this (I'm failing to parse some of the above, but whatever).

 Open up the web interface to the server, select the Administration tab,
 look under the Server heading, and enable the "Share printers connected
 to this system" option. Save your change by clicking on the Change
 Settings button. The server will automatically restart.

 On the Windows computer, go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers and
 choose 'Add a printer'. If on Windows 10, click "The printer that I want
 is not listed". Next, choose 'Select a shared printer by name' and type
 in the location of the printer:

 http://hostname:631/printers/Printer_Name

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CUPS/Printer_sharing#Between_GNU.2FLinux_and_Windows

> I've been forced to buy a winderz box to do a job that will bill in the
> low 4 digit range.  And I'll need on site printouts so it looks as if I
> go spend another $40 on a cheap inkjet and carry it around.  And I can't
> even find the printer setup as I only had one other winbox in my life..
> I started out in the nix camp in the middle 80's, went to amigados in
> the 90's, and to linux in '98 without ever having windows on the
> premises. So I'm the dummy they write all those yellow books for.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Re: Gene you poor soul

Curt
On 2019-05-22, mick crane <[hidden email]> wrote:

> probably need the driver on windows as well.

Probably one or the other but not both.

> mick

Re: Gene you poor soul

Gene Heskett-4
On Wednesday 22 May 2019 02:52:31 am mick crane wrote:

> On 2019-05-22 04:40, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Its working now, and I have other irons in the fire, like how do I
> > print
> > to a printer shared by cups, from a win 10 Home edition.
>
> I've only ever done it with networked printers.
> You may get lucky with cupsd on linux box that can print if you let
> windows search for a printer.

I do have an MFC at .21 on the local net.  One of Brothers tabloid sized
Color inkjets. Windows 10-home doesn't seem to be aware of it. What I
need for this job is a bare-a$$ed color printer, but all I could find at
Staples last week were physicly huge MFC's.  Wally has some really cheap
$40 ones, but I suspect that I'd have to buy one per job because the
heads would dry up and clog between uses. Back when I was a fan of
epsons, the cost of the inks was $250/year just to print the nightly
amanda reports to exercise the printer. That worked out to about $1 a
sheet and it still got clogged.  I didn't do that with the last one and
wound up with the head hopelessly clogged, would not clean, 2 weeks
after I parked it on the table from new in the box. $500 for an AI1. For
this, I need something that fits in a briefcase, and Just Works, maybe
once a month.  Is such a beast even made today?  Doubtfull.

> Otherwise the printer to select will be, I forget exactly, may be
> "local printer"
>
> http://ipaddress_of_pc_running_cupsd:631/exact_name_cups_identifies_pr
>inter_with.
>
> good luck
>
> mick

Thanks Mick.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: Gene you poor soul

mick crane
On 2019-05-22 10:34, Gene Heskett wrote:
  Wally has some really cheap
> $40 ones, but I suspect that I'd have to buy one per job because the
> heads would dry up and clog between uses. Back when I was a fan of
> epsons, the cost of the inks was $250/year just to print the nightly
> amanda reports to exercise the printer. That worked out to about $1 a
> sheet and it still got clogged.

I had one of those xerox phaser printers with solid colour blocks that
worked really well until I dropped it.
seemed like a way to stop the heads getting blocked but don't know if
caught on.
Not very small tho'

mick

Key ID    4BFEBB31

Re: Gene you poor soul

Gene Heskett-4
On Wednesday 22 May 2019 04:02:45 am Curt wrote:

> On 2019-05-22, Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Its working now, and I have other irons in the fire, like how do I
> > print to a printer shared by cups, from a win 10 Home edition that
> > has taken a snapshot of its full screen window and has stored it on
> > the win 10 box.
>
> I did it like this (I'm failing to parse some of the above, but
> whatever).

Not unusual, I don't touch type, and my brain outruns my fingers.  The
results can be confusing due to skipped words, my apologies.

>  Open up the web interface to the server, select the Administration
> tab, look under the Server heading, and enable the "Share printers
> connected to this system" option. Save your change by clicking on the
> Change Settings button. The server will automatically restart.
>
>  On the Windows computer, go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers
> and choose 'Add a printer'. If on Windows 10, click "The printer that
> I want is not listed". Next, choose 'Select a shared printer by name'
> and type in the location of the printer:
>
>  http://hostname:631/printers/Printer_Name
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CUPS/Printer_sharing#Between_GNU.
>2FLinux_and_Windows

I'll print this and take it to the windows box and check this out later
today, thank you.  But I'll have to use ip addresses as I've yet to
figure out how to set a hosts file on windows.  Like I said below, I'm
the guy they write all those for dummies books for. And which by the
time they get to the bookselves at wallies, are out of date. :(

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: Gene you poor soul

Gene Heskett-4
On Wednesday 22 May 2019 05:50:51 am mick crane wrote:

> On 2019-05-22 10:34, Gene Heskett wrote:
>   Wally has some really cheap
>
> > $40 ones, but I suspect that I'd have to buy one per job because the
> > heads would dry up and clog between uses. Back when I was a fan of
> > epsons, the cost of the inks was $250/year just to print the nightly
> > amanda reports to exercise the printer. That worked out to about $1
> > a sheet and it still got clogged.
>
> I had one of those xerox phaser printers with solid colour blocks that
> worked really well until I dropped it.

I saw a couple of those on newegg just now. Relatively huge, and quite
expensive too. Dependability has its own fee schedule...

> seemed like a way to stop the heads getting blocked but don't know if
> caught on.
> Not very small tho'
>
> mick
Thanks Mick

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: Gene you poor soul

Felix Miata-3
Gene Heskett composed on 2019-05-21 23:40 (UTC-0400):

> I can't
> even find the printer setup as I only had one other winbox in my life..

It's nicely disguised in my Win10 Pro. 39 items in the Control Panel, and instead
of a title that starts with a P for printer, printer is hidden in D, for "Devices
and Printers". Moronic.

All my printing since too far back to remember is done via ethernet cable from
printer to LAN switch. It's been so long since I set one up I don't remember
whether I ever involved cups. I give the printer a fixed IP. Printer applets
magically find these fixed IPs.

I would think if the site you're at has a LAN with a printer connected it ought to
be available to anything connected to the LAN, wired or wireless. Even if you
can't get to the site's printer directly, something at home there ought to be able
to take your print file and get it out via a z3azx printer.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Re: Gene you poor soul

Gene Heskett-4
On Wednesday 22 May 2019 06:45:33 am Felix Miata wrote:

> Gene Heskett composed on 2019-05-21 23:40 (UTC-0400):
> > I can't
> > even find the printer setup as I only had one other winbox in my
> > life..
>
> It's nicely disguised in my Win10 Pro. 39 items in the Control Panel,
> and instead of a title that starts with a P for printer, printer is
> hidden in D, for "Devices and Printers". Moronic.
>
> All my printing since too far back to remember is done via ethernet
> cable from printer to LAN switch. It's been so long since I set one up
> I don't remember whether I ever involved cups. I give the printer a
> fixed IP. Printer applets magically find these fixed IPs.
>
> I would think if the site you're at has a LAN with a printer connected
> it ought to be available to anything connected to the LAN, wired or
> wireless. Even if you can't get to the site's printer directly,
> something at home there ought to be able to take your print file and
> get it out via a z3azx printer.

Thanks Felix. But the hour is not yet "civilized." :)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: Gene you poor soul

arne
On Wed, 22 May 2019 05:34:17 -0400
Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For this, I need something that fits in a
> briefcase, and Just Works, maybe once a month.  Is such a beast even
> made today?  Doubtfull.

I had a b&w portable Canon Bubble-jet which lasted 10 years or so. On
windows. Canon BJ-10sx.

Now they make color portables which look almost the same:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/bjc-series/bjc-85

Re: Gene you poor soul

rhkramer
On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 05:34:17 AM Gene Heskett wrote:

> I do have an MFC at .21 on the local net.  One of Brothers tabloid sized
> Color inkjets. Windows 10-home doesn't seem to be aware of it. What I
> need for this job is a bare-a$$ed color printer, but all I could find at
> Staples last week were physicly huge MFC's.  Wally has some really cheap
> $40 ones, but I suspect that I'd have to buy one per job because the
> heads would dry up and clog between uses. Back when I was a fan of
> epsons, the cost of the inks was $250/year just to print the nightly
> amanda reports to exercise the printer. That worked out to about $1 a
> sheet and it still got clogged.  I didn't do that with the last one and
> wound up with the head hopelessly clogged, would not clean, 2 weeks
> after I parked it on the table from new in the box. $500 for an AI1. For
> this, I need something that fits in a briefcase, and Just Works, maybe
> once a month.  Is such a beast even made today?  Doubtfull.

Just some comments on ink jet printers (and cartridges clogging).

I've had what I have to consider very good luck with a Canon BJC-3000 printer
which uses the BC-33e print cartridge.  That is a cartridge with ink tanks
separate from the print head.

I rarely have clogs (at least in the last 5 years or so), but when I do, I've
accumulated a (very few) empty ink cartridges which I fill with (I refill my own
cartridges, by the way) rubbing alcohol, and, when the head is clogged, I slip
one of those in and print a test sheet with one of those (it helps if there is
some residual ink in the old cartridge (or, if necessary, add a little so that
you can see, on the test print) whether all the nozzles are working (seeing
transparent rubbing alcohol is difficult when "printed").

Another thing I've thought of doing, but haven't felt a desperate need so far
is adding a little bit of rubbing alcohol) to the inks when I refill the
cartridge.  (Maybe 5%?)

I know there are periods of at least a month when I don't print anything and
my printhead is not clogged.

(At least once I did get the error message something like "waste ink tank
full" and had to take the printer pretty much all the way apart to clean the
fabric pad that they call the "waste ink tank".  If it happens a 2nd time,
I'll probably try to reset the error without cleaning that pad (put I'll make
sure the printer is sitting an a disposable surface (pad of old newspapers?)
just in case I get a leak.

Refilling your own ink cartridges makes the ink very cheap, I think on the
order of $0.01 or $0.02 per page (I did some calculations once, but I don't
remember the results, but it is so little that I don't care about it).

At that time, Canon cartridges (especially this one) were the easiest to refill
-- just open up a hole, use a syringe to inject some ink, then reseal that
hole either with a screw of some tape (actually, I put tape over the hole and
then "threaded" a self-tapping screw into it -- the tape acts as sort of a
gasket -- I don't know if the cartridge needs to be hermetically sealed ;-)

Some cartridges are much more difficult to refill, either because of the design
or because of a chip that tries to prevent you from reusing a refilled
cartridge.  On an HP that I used for a while, I found a way to get around
that, but those cartridges did tend to clog and I don't use that printer
anymore.

Oh, I did burn out a cartridge on the BJC-3000 once -- the Linux drivers
(CUPS, iirc) did not (and, afaik, still don't) watch the low ink sensor -- the
cartridge ran out of at least one ink during a fairly long printing job, and
that burnt out the head.  Since then, I periodically lift the lid, put out the
ink tanks (you have to to see the ink level), and make sure there is plenty of
ink in the liquid reservoir (there is a reservoir that holds liquid that feeds
into the sponge in another part of the reservoir.)

Last time I checked into it, Canon had started to include a chip to prevent
cartridge refill -- I don't know if they still do or not.  I know that at a
much higher price point ($200 to $400) they make printers with separate
(liquid) ink reservoirs that are made to be easily replaced (and, I'm sure
they could be refilled).

I am sure there are other cartridges (from other manufacturers) that are easy
enough to refill.

(I did get a free Canon Pixma MX492 (all in one) from a neighbor that seems to
work well (well, all I've done with it so far is use it as a copier -- I'm
sure it will work well as a printer, I'm not sure how well it will do as a
scanner although, iirc, Canon does make a scanner driver for Linux for it).  I
am a little leery of the ease of refilling because the reservoir is a sponge
with no separte liquid compartment).

Anyway, I guess my point is that you can do quite well with an inkjet printer
if you pick one for which the ink cartridges can be refilled.

PS: If there is a chance that your printout will get wet for some reason, a
laser printer is probably a better choice.  The ink jets that I use use
pigmented black ink (and I rarely print in color) and, on the few occasions
I've got water on a page, there has been little or no smearing.  (I try to
blot rather than wipe any water (or other liquid).

Re: Gene you poor soul

rhkramer
On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 08:05:09 AM arne wrote:
> On Wed, 22 May 2019 05:34:17 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > For this, I need something that fits in a
> > briefcase, and Just Works, maybe once a month.  Is such a beast even
> > made today?  Doubtfull.
>
> I had a b&w portable Canon Bubble-jet which lasted 10 years or so. On
> windows. Canon BJ-10sx.

Ahh, yes, I used one of those for a while -- the cartridges were extremely
easy to refill -- iirc, I did something to take the top off and make it
removable / replaceable, and then just lifted the top, put some ink on to soak
into the sponge, and then replaced the top (might have taped it back in
place).

Don't think I ever had a head clogged, and it was a travel printer that easily
went a month between uses.

> Now they make color portables which look almost the same:
>
> https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/printers
> /support-inkjet-printer/bjc-series/bjc-85

Re: Gene you poor soul

Felix Miata-3
Gene Heskett composed on 2019-05-22 07:11 (UTC-0400):

> On Wednesday 22 May 2019 06:45:33 am Felix Miata wrote:

>> Even if you can't get to the site's printer directly,
>> something at home there ought to be able to take your print file and
>> get it out via a z3azx printer.

> Thanks Felix. But the hour is not yet "civilized." :)

I really should stop typing in my sleep. I have no idea what z3azx, or the whole
clause, was meant to be. :-(

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

12