Help needed for libapfloat-java

Andreas Tille-5
Hi,

I intend to package libapfloat-java[1] which is needed by some Debian
Med target package (snpeff) but my naive attempt to fire up mh_make and
expect that it results in something that builds was again to naive to
work.

Any hint how to get the JARs build in the preliminary Git repository[1]
would be more than welcome.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/libapfloat-java

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Help needed for libapfloat-java

Emmanuel Bourg-3
Le 16/05/2018 à 14:30, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> but my naive attempt to fire up mh_make and expect that it results
> in something that builds was again to naive to work.
What error did you get?

Emmanuel Bourg

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 02:40:31PM +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Le 16/05/2018 à 14:30, Andreas Tille a écrit :
>
> > but my naive attempt to fire up mh_make and expect that it results
> > in something that builds was again to naive to work.
> What error did you get?

No error but javac is not fired up at all and thus no JARs are created.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Le 16/05/2018 à 15:34, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> No error but javac is not fired up at all and thus no JARs are created.

Probably because the package depends on maven-repo-helper instead of
maven-debian-helper.

maven-debian-helper is for projects using Maven as the build system.

maven-repo-helper is for projects using another build system (Ant,
Gradle, Make...) but installing Maven artifacts in the binary package
(for example tomcat8).

Re: Help needed for libapfloat-java

Olivier Sallou

On 05/16/2018 03:34 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 02:40:31PM +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
>> Le 16/05/2018 à 14:30, Andreas Tille a écrit :
>>
>>> but my naive attempt to fire up mh_make and expect that it results
>>> in something that builds was again to naive to work.

you need following build depends:

libmaven-antrun-plugin-java
libmaven-shade-plugin-java
libbuild-helper-maven-plugin-java
junit

I updated d/control in repo

compilation starts with this.
It then ends up with errors due to dependencies on self generated jar.

--
Olivier Sallou
Univ Rennes, Inria, CNRS, IRISA

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438

On 05/16/2018 05:04 PM, Olivier Sallou wrote:

> On 05/16/2018 03:34 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> you need following build depends:
>
> libmaven-antrun-plugin-java
> libmaven-shade-plugin-java
> libbuild-helper-maven-plugin-java
> junit
>
> I updated d/control in repo
>
> compilation starts with this.
> It then ends up with errors due to dependencies on self generated jar.

I updated repo with a few fixes, but lib needs additional external
dependencies not in Debian. I added info to d/changelog

missing dependency com.aparpi.aparapi:1.3.4 (for apfloat-aparapi) and
org.jscience.jscience:4.3.1 (for apfloat-jscience)

com.aparpi has however some kind of restrictive license [0]

[0] https://github.com/aparapi/aparapi/blob/master/LICENSE.TXT

Olivier

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 05:21:44PM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:

> I updated repo with a few fixes, but lib needs additional external
> dependencies not in Debian. I added info to d/changelog
>
> missing dependency com.aparpi.aparapi:1.3.4 (for apfloat-aparapi) and
> org.jscience.jscience:4.3.1 (for apfloat-jscience)

Thanks a lot!

> com.aparpi has however some kind of restrictive license [0]

You mean the last paragraph saying:

If you use the software (in whole or in part), you shall adhere to all applicable U.S., European, and other export
laws, including but not limited to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), (15 C.F.R. Sections 730 through
774), and E.U. Council Regulation (EC) No 1334/2000 of 22 June 2000.  Further, pursuant to Section 740.6 of the EAR,
you hereby certify that, except pursuant to a license granted by the United States Department of Commerce Bureau of
Industry and Security or as otherwise permitted pursuant to a License Exception under the U.S. Export Administration
Regulations ("EAR"), you will not (1) export, re-export or release to a national of a country in Country Groups D:1,
E:1 or E:2 any restricted technology, software, or source code you receive hereunder, or (2) export to Country Groups
D:1, E:1 or E:2 the direct product of such technology or software, if such foreign produced direct product is subject
to national security controls as identified on the Commerce Control List (currently found in Supplement 1 to Part 774
of EAR).  For the most current Country Group listings, or for additional information about the EAR or your obligations
under those regulations, please refer to the U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security’s website at http://www.bis.doc.gov/.

I wonder whether we start with a packaging attempt anyway and if
ftpmaster considers this a blocker we could try to negotiate with
the authors about this part of the license.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

----- Andreas Tille <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 05:21:44PM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> >
> > I updated repo with a few fixes, but lib needs additional external
> > dependencies not in Debian. I added info to d/changelog
> >
> > missing dependency com.aparpi.aparapi:1.3.4 (for apfloat-aparapi) and
> > org.jscience.jscience:4.3.1 (for apfloat-jscience)
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> > com.aparpi has however some kind of restrictive license [0]
>
> You mean the last paragraph saying:
>

> If you use the software (in whole or in part), you shall adhere to all applicable U.S., European, and other export
> laws, including but not limited to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), (15 C.F.R. Sections 730 through
> 774), and E.U. Council Regulation (EC) No 1334/2000 of 22 June 2000.  Further, pursuant to Section 740.6 of the EAR,
> you hereby certify that, except pursuant to a license granted by the United States Department of Commerce Bureau of
> Industry and Security or as otherwise permitted pursuant to a License Exception under the U.S. Export Administration
> Regulations ("EAR"), you will not (1) export, re-export or release to a national of a country in Country Groups D:1,
> E:1 or E:2 any restricted technology, software, or source code you receive hereunder, or (2) export to Country Groups
> D:1, E:1 or E:2 the direct product of such technology or software, if such foreign produced direct product is subject
> to national security controls as identified on the Commerce Control List (currently found in Supplement 1 to Part 774
> of EAR).  For the most current Country Group listings, or for additional information about the EAR or your obligations
> under those regulations, please refer to the U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security’s website at http://www.bis.doc.gov/.
>

> I wonder whether we start with a packaging attempt anyway and if
> ftpmaster considers this a blocker we could try to negotiate with
> the authors about this part of the license.

For me it is blocking with the 'you will not (1) export, re-export or release ' part...

We may ask upstream, but seems wa released by a company, and it may be forced to follow some us regulations....

Olivier

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 08:02:33AM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> > I wonder whether we start with a packaging attempt anyway and if
> > ftpmaster considers this a blocker we could try to negotiate with
> > the authors about this part of the license.
>

> For me it is blocking with the 'you will not (1) export, re-export or release ' part...
>
> We may ask upstream, but seems wa released by a company, and it may be forced to follow some us regulations....

Just tried:

    https://github.com/aparapi/aparapi/issues/50

... and mentioned on the Debian Med SoftwarLiberation Wiki

    https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/SoftwareLiberation

Kind regards

       Andreas, intending to start with the other predependency.

--
http://fam-tille.de