Help on package selection

Justin-7
Hello guys, I am inquiring if you make a package which would like onenote for microsoft. Do you have a interactive package that would be used just like onenote or similar?
Also do you make a package like a virtual machine or similar where you can instal windows in and run windows through debian platform?

Thanks for you help

JL

Re: Help on package selection

Keith Bainbridge-4
On 9/4/20 11:32 am, Justin wrote:

> Hello guys, I am inquiring if you make a package which would like
> onenote for microsoft. Do you have a interactive package that would be
> used just like onenote or similar?
> Also do you make a package like a virtual machine or similar where you
> can instal windows in and run windows through debian platform?
>
> Thanks for you help
>
> JL

G'day JL

Sounds like you're new to linux?

I'll leave the onenote question to somebody else, as I use a simple note
app called Simplenote that needs to be downloaded from outside the
debian repository - the term used for software stores before somebody
coined 'appstore' and 'playstore' - and manually installed. Not
difficult though.  I haven't figured interactive  bits to it though -
just copy & paste. I haven't reached the note size limit yet - unlike
one of the commercial apps.

Virtual machines can be run in VirtualBox whic can be installed from the
repository using your preferred software management method.   Often a
newer version is available from the program web site, but again needs to
be semi-manually installed. Simple instructions are on the download page.

Some people here expect you to know how to search the web for this info
- try linux alternatives to onenote vmware

--
Keith Bainbridge

[hidden email]
+61 (0)447 667 468