Hercules installation and Debian 8.9.0 s390x

Hercules installation and Debian 8.9.0 s390x

heymanj

As there are acknowledged problems with Debian 9.3 installing on Hercules
emulator, I stepped back to  Debian 8.9.0 and get all the way to partitioning
the emulated 3390-3 DASD device when I find that it will only allow me to
create FAT16 or FAT32 filesystems.  These of course cannot be used for the
Linux installation.

Has anyone seen this before?  Should I drop all the way back to 8.1?

--
     // Jerry Heyman               | If you preach hatred and intolerance
    //  Amigan Forever :-)         | towards others, don't then play the