How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd

How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd

Jiangsu Kumquat
How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd?

I have gotten very used to the old way of how to start/stop services when booting using runlevels but I cannot figure out how to do any of this using systemd.

So, I don't always use my web and SQL servers so I don't want it auto-starting at boot but I don't know how to turn it off.

Thanks for reading this.

Re: How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd

Nicolas George-4
Le duodi 22 ventôse, an CCXXV, Jiangsu Kumquat a écrit :
> How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+you+disable+%2F+enable+services+from+starting+in+systemd%3F

First hit:

https://www.dynacont.net/documentation/linux/Useful_SystemD_commands/

--
  Nicolas George

Re: How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd

Dejan Jocic
On 12-03-17, Jiangsu Kumquat wrote:

> How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd?
>
> I have gotten very used to the old way of how to start/stop services when
> booting using runlevels but I cannot figure out how to do any of this using
> systemd.
>
> So, I don't always use my web and SQL servers so I don't want it
> auto-starting at boot but I don't know how to turn it off.
>
> Thanks for reading this.

One of the many cheatsheets you can find with your favorite net search
thingy:

http://linoxide.com/linux-command/systemd-vs-sysvinit-cheatsheet/

Re: How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI-4

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+enable+%2F+disable+services+in+systemd

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

Re: How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd

Dominik George-2
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+you+disable+%2F+enable+services+from+starting+in+systemd%3F

Well, the most exciting thing about this kind of questions is that you can actually just go on using update-rc.d...

-nik

Re: How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd

Anthony Baldwin-2

On 03/12/2017 08:06 AM, Jiangsu Kumquat wrote:

> How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd?
>
> I have gotten very used to the old way of how to start/stop services
> when booting using runlevels but I cannot figure out how to do any of
> this using systemd.
>
> So, I don't always use my web and SQL servers so I don't want it
> auto-starting at boot but I don't know how to turn it off.
>
> Thanks for reading this.

Rcconf appears to still work for me. Am I missing something?

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
translations, localization,
EN, ES, FR, PT

Re: How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd

Mart van de Wege
Jiangsu Kumquat <[hidden email]> writes:

> How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd?

man systemd

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.

Re: How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd

Marc Auslander-2
Jiangsu Kumquat <[hidden email]> writes:

>    How do you disable / enable services from starting in systemd?
>    I have gotten very used to the old way of how to start/stop services
>    when booting using runlevels but I cannot figure out how to do any of
>    this using systemd.
>    So, I don't always use my web and SQL servers so I don't want it
>    auto-starting at boot but I don't know how to turn it off.
>    Thanks for reading this.
I've gotten tired of the passive agressive RTFM in this thread.

systemctl enable|disable unit-name