How to activate wi-fi on Cubox-i4Pro armhf

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to activate wi-fi on Cubox-i4Pro armhf

Rick Thomas-14
Does anybody know the magic for getting the wifi on a Cubox-i4Pro to work?

I tried installing the “non-free” firmware package for it (firmware-brcm80211) but I get this message at boot time on the console:

> [   21.050008] brcmfmac mmc0:0001:1: firmware: failed to loadbrcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt (-2)
> [   22.067483] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50

I’ve searched for a file by the name of
    brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt
and all I can find is
    /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Thanks for any help!
Rick
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to activate wi-fi on Cubox-i4Pro armhf

Christopher Barry-3
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 19:37:21 -0700
Rick Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Does anybody know the magic for getting the wifi on a Cubox-i4Pro to
>work?
>
>I tried installing the “non-free” firmware package for it
>(firmware-brcm80211) but I get this message at boot time on the
>console:
>
>> [   21.050008] brcmfmac mmc0:0001:1: firmware: failed to
>> loadbrcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt (-2) [   22.067483] brcmfmac:
>> brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50  
>
>I’ve searched for a file by the name of
>    brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt
>and all I can find is
>    /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin
>
>Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
>
>Thanks for any help!
>Rick


Maybe this can be of help:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/328001/trouble-activating-the-sdio-broadcom-bcm43430-wifi-chip-on-linux-4-8-0#411293

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to activate wi-fi on Cubox-i4Pro armhf

Rick Thomas-14


> On Mar 17, 2019, at 9:06 AM, Christopher Barry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 19:37:21 -0700
> Rick Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know the magic for getting the wifi on a Cubox-i4Pro to
>> work?
>>
>> I tried installing the “non-free” firmware package for it
>> (firmware-brcm80211) but I get this message at boot time on the
>> console:
>>
>>> [   21.050008] brcmfmac mmc0:0001:1: firmware: failed to
>>> loadbrcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt (-2) [   22.067483] brcmfmac:
>>> brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50  
>>
>> I’ve searched for a file by the name of
>>   brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt
>> and all I can find is
>>   /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin
>>
>> Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>> Rick
>
>
> Maybe this can be of help:
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/328001/trouble-activating-the-sdio-broadcom-bcm43430-wifi-chip-on-linux-4-8-0#411293

Hi Christopher.  Thanks for the reply.

That link leads to another link which has lots of Broadcom files, but none that end in “.txt”
It also warns that there are multiple versions of the chip and the “.txt” files are specific to the board as well.

The more I learn, the less I know…  Does anyone know more about the Wifi implementation on the Cubox devices?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Rick
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to activate wi-fi on Cubox-i4Pro armhf

Dominique Dumont
In reply to this post by Rick Thomas-14
On Saturday, 16 March 2019 03:37:21 CET Rick Thomas wrote:
> I tried installing the “non-free” firmware package for it (firmware-brcm80211)
but I get this message at boot time on the console:
> > [   21.050008] brcmfmac mmc0:0001:1: firmware: failed to
> > loadbrcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt (-2) [   22.067483] brcmfmac:
> > brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50

See https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=797779

HTH



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to activate wi-fi on Cubox-i4Pro armhf

Rick Thomas-14


> On Mar 22, 2019, at 9:08 AM, Dominique Dumont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Saturday, 16 March 2019 03:37:21 CET Rick Thomas wrote:
>> I tried installing the “non-free” firmware package for it (firmware-brcm80211)
> but I get this message at boot time on the console:
>>> [   21.050008] brcmfmac mmc0:0001:1: firmware: failed to
>>> loadbrcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt (-2) [   22.067483] brcmfmac:
>>> brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50
>
> See https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=797779
>
> HTH

Thanks, Dominique!  Yes, that explains a lot.

I guess the conclusion is that Debian does not support wi-fi on these machines.  Though the framework for support is there, if the appropriate extremely hardware specific firmware blob can be located.  I guess it’s something to take up with the manufacturer of the board.

Enjoy!
Rick