How to test interactive and GUI programs with autopkgtest?

How to test interactive and GUI programs with autopkgtest?

Joao Eriberto Mota Filho-2
Hi all,

As the subject said, I would like to know how to test non-command line
programs as sniffit, hexedit and gconjugue, using autopkgtest
(debian/tests/* method).

I think that an auxiliary program should be used to test these
environments but I don't know one.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Eriberto

Re: How to test interactive and GUI programs with autopkgtest?

Joël Krähemann-2
Hi,

I have integration tests for GSequencer. It uses mainly:

https://developer.gnome.org/gdk2/stable/GdkDisplay.html#gdk-display-warp-pointer
https://developer.gnome.org/gdk2/stable/gdk2-Testing.html#gdk-test-simulate-button

In gsequencer I have a timeout that can be synchronized with the test
runner. This
has to be done because of concurrent access.

We run the integration tests as part of continues integration:
https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team/gsequencer/tree/master/debian/tests

Bests,
Joël