How will it go on with CUPS

Till Kamppeter-3
Hi,

now after Debian being released unstable will soon get unfrozen. When
will this exactly happen and which versions of CUPS will we see in
unstable then? 2.2.11 and/or 2.2.12? Or 2.3.x? Note that Apple did not
settle on the license problem of 2.3.x yet.

    Till

Re: How will it go on with CUPS

Jonas Smedegaard-2
Hi Till,

Quoting Till Kamppeter (2019-07-08 11:34:29)
> now after Debian being released unstable will soon get unfrozen. When
> will this exactly happen and which versions of CUPS will we see in
> unstable then? 2.2.11 and/or 2.2.12? Or 2.3.x? Note that Apple did not
> settle on the license problem of 2.3.x yet.

Debian unstable is no longer frozen, and anyway not unstable but testing
was frozen.

Your question is therefore not tied to release cycle but only to choice
of the CUPS maintainers.

Current status is (as usual) https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/cups

 - Jonas

 * Tlf.: +45 40843136  Website: http://dr.jones.dk/

 [x] quote me freely  [ ] ask before reusing  [ ] keep private

Re: How will it go on with CUPS

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud-5
Le lundi, 8 juillet 2019, 16.34:29 h CEST Till Kamppeter a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> now after Debian being released unstable will soon get unfrozen. When
> will this exactly happen and which versions of CUPS will we see in
> unstable then? 2.2.11 and/or 2.2.12? Or 2.3.x? Note that Apple did not
> settle on the license problem of 2.3.x yet.

I'm currently VAC until mid-August, but I won't upload CUPS 2.3.x to unstable
without the license problem solved in any case.

Cheers,
    OdyX