Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Aurelien Jarno
On 2019-05-25 13:00, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Em sáb, 25 de mai de 2019 às 10:57, Aurelien Jarno
> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
> >
> > kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports. As
> > hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures
> > have now been moved.
>
> Nice :-)
>
> Not sure who's the admin (I couldn't find the admin address in the
> main pages), but they're not registered in the graphs (while
> powerpcpse, recently removed, still is).
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-ports-week-big.png

There are still available on the on the main graph:
https://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-week-big.png

I'll move hurd and kbsd-* plots from the main one to the ports one, but
unless we do not keep the history, it's not a trivial task as it
requires migrating the data from one text database to the other
database.

Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B
[hidden email]                 http://www.aurel32.net

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Joerg Jaspert
On 15413 March 1977, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

>> Thats ok, end of May is a nice point to take.
>> Thanks for the work and the timeframe for the rest!
> kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports. As
> hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures
> have now been moved.

Thank you!

bye, Joerg

RE: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Johnson Steward
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I can't help asking if that "15381 March 1977" was on purpose or just from some wonky email client: 15380 days after March 1st 1977 happens to be April 10th 2019, so...

--
Pengcheng Xu
https://jsteward.moe/

^^^ HERE

> or 8.
> > > The hurd-i386 architecture has been moved to to debian-ports yesterday.
> > > I hope it shows the willingness to do that. Please give us at least
> > > 4 more weeks to do the remaining kfreebsd-*. That will provide some
> > > margin to account for the non-infinite free time to work on that
> > > (especially in the freeze period) and possibly to get more disk
> > > space for the debian-ports machine.
> >
> > Thats ok, end of May is a nice point to take.
> >
> > Thanks for the work and the timeframe for the rest!
>
> kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports.
> As
> hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures have
> now been moved.
>
> Aurelien
>
> --
> Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B
> [hidden email]                 http://www.aurel32.net

openpgp-digital-signature.asc (851 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
Could you PLEASE stop posting to debian-ports@? You are sending these mails to every Debian Ports architecture mailing list.

I already asked for the third time now.

Thank You,
Adrian

> On May 26, 2019, at 5:34 AM, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry if this is off-topic, but I can't help asking if that "15381 March 1977" was on purpose or just from some wonky email client: 15380 days after March 1st 1977 happens to be April 10th 2019, so...
>
> --
> Pengcheng Xu
> https://jsteward.moe/

Bastian Blank
[SN: Trimmed Cc list]

Hi John

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 06:48:36AM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

Please stop shouting.  Please fix your MUA to produce readable mails.
Thank you.

Also -ports goes to all port specific mailing lists.

Bastian

--
Without facts, the decision cannot be made logically.  You must rely on
your human intuition.
                -- Spock, "Assignment: Earth", stardate unknown

On 5/26/19 1:22 PM, Bastian Blank wrote:
> [SN: Trimmed Cc list]
>
> Hi John

My name is Adrian. Thanks.

> On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 06:48:36AM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>
> Please stop shouting.  Please fix your MUA to produce readable mails.
> Thank you.

Please stop sending mails to users which are not affected by your discussion.

I'm sorry but after kindly asking two times not to use this address for
this discussion as you are reaching way too many unrelated lists, I think
it's a fair thing to spell that "please" in capital letters.

> Also -ports goes to all port specific mailing lists.

No, debian-ports goes to every architecture list which is really annoying
when you're on all these lists.

I got this email through the following mailing lists:

debian-arm, debian-alpha, debian-hppa, debian-ia64, debian-68k, debian-powerpc,
debian-sparc, debian-superh, debian-riscv. None of these are related to BSD
or Hurd yet the discussion was on these lists.

It's not related to Debian Ports and therefore not too much to ask to reduce
the noise on unrelated mailing lists. And I would also like to continue using
Thunderbird without having to mess with the configuration now.

Thanks,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Ansgar Burchardt-8
Aurelien Jarno writes:
> kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports. As
> hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures
> have now been moved.

I removed kfreebsd-* and hurd-i386 from ftp-master's unstable and
experimental suites yesterday.  The move should be completed with this.

Ansgar

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

elementar
Where do I find kFreeBSD-amd64 isos, from testing or unstable?

Em sex, 12 de abr de 2019 17:49, Joerg Jaspert <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Hi

back in August 2018 we discussed architecture inclusion into
unstable/experimental.

Today we had our regular FTPMaster meeting and discussed hurd and both
kfreebsd architecture and decided to remove them from unstable and
experimental 2 weeks from now.

bye, Joerg
The sun? That’s the hottest place on Earth.

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Svante Signell-2
On Wed, 2019-06-26 at 12:14 -0300, elementar wrote:

> Where do I find kFreeBSD-amd64 isos, from testing or unstable?
>
> Em sex, 12 de abr de 2019 17:49, Joerg Jaspert <[hidden email]>
> escreveu:
> > Hi
> >
> > back in August 2018 we discussed architecture inclusion into
> > unstable/experimental.
> >
> > Today we had our regular FTPMaster meeting and discussed hurd and
> > both kfreebsd architecture and decided to remove them from unstable
> > and experimental 2 weeks from now.

You can find an old image you can upgrade from at:
https://people.debian.org/~jrtc27/debian-unofficial-kfreebsd-amd64-NETINST-1.iso

and then use (selected parts of) for sources.list for upgrades:
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports sid main
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports unreleased main
deb-src http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports unreleased main
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports experimental main