Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Aurelien Jarno
Hi,

On 2019-04-24 12:34, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> > > Ok. How much? Is 6 or 8 weeks better? I don't think, given how long this
> > > is on the table already, it doesn't make much difference if its 2 or 8.
> > > Just something thats clear defined and not some random, non-clear
> > > "sometime in the future" point.
> > The hurd-i386 architecture has been moved to to debian-ports yesterday.
> > I hope it shows the willingness to do that. Please give us at least 4
> > more weeks to do the remaining kfreebsd-*. That will provide some margin
> > to account for the non-infinite free time to work on that (especially in
> > the freeze period) and possibly to get more disk space for the
> > debian-ports machine.
>
> Thats ok, end of May is a nice point to take.
>
> Thanks for the work and the timeframe for the rest!
kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports. As
hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures
have now been moved.

Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B
[hidden email]                 http://www.aurel32.net

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo-2
Hi,

Em sáb, 25 de mai de 2019 às 10:57, Aurelien Jarno
<[hidden email]> escreveu:

> kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports. As
> hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures
> have now been moved.

Nice :-)

Not sure who's the admin (I couldn't find the admin address in the
main pages), but they're not registered in the graphs (while
powerpcpse, recently removed, still is).

https://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-ports-week-big.png

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <[hidden email]>

On 2019-05-25 13:00, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Em sáb, 25 de mai de 2019 às 10:57, Aurelien Jarno
> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
> >
> > kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports. As
> > hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures
> > have now been moved.
>
> Nice :-)
>
> Not sure who's the admin (I couldn't find the admin address in the
> main pages), but they're not registered in the graphs (while
> powerpcpse, recently removed, still is).
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-ports-week-big.png

There are still available on the on the main graph:
https://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-week-big.png

I'll move hurd and kbsd-* plots from the main one to the ports one, but
unless we do not keep the history, it's not a trivial task as it
requires migrating the data from one text database to the other
database.

Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B
[hidden email]                 http://www.aurel32.net

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Joerg Jaspert
On 15413 March 1977, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

>> Thats ok, end of May is a nice point to take.
>> Thanks for the work and the timeframe for the rest!
> kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports. As
> hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures
> have now been moved.

Thank you!

bye, Joerg

RE: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Johnson Steward
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I can't help asking if that "15381 March 1977" was on purpose or just from some wonky email client: 15380 days after March 1st 1977 happens to be April 10th 2019, so...

--
Pengcheng Xu
https://jsteward.moe/

^^^ HERE

> or 8.
> > > The hurd-i386 architecture has been moved to to debian-ports yesterday.
> > > I hope it shows the willingness to do that. Please give us at least
> > > 4 more weeks to do the remaining kfreebsd-*. That will provide some
> > > margin to account for the non-infinite free time to work on that
> > > (especially in the freeze period) and possibly to get more disk
> > > space for the debian-ports machine.
> >
> > Thats ok, end of May is a nice point to take.
> >
> > Thanks for the work and the timeframe for the rest!
>
> kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports.
> As
> hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures have
> now been moved.
>
> Aurelien
>
> --
> Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B
> [hidden email]                 http://www.aurel32.net

openpgp-digital-signature.asc (851 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
Could you PLEASE stop posting to debian-ports@? You are sending these mails to every Debian Ports architecture mailing list.

I already asked for the third time now.

Thank You,
Adrian

> On May 26, 2019, at 5:34 AM, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry if this is off-topic, but I can't help asking if that "15381 March 1977" was on purpose or just from some wonky email client: 15380 days after March 1st 1977 happens to be April 10th 2019, so...
>
> --
> Pengcheng Xu
> https://jsteward.moe/

Ansgar Burchardt-8
Aurelien Jarno writes:
> kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports. As
> hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures
> have now been moved.

I removed kfreebsd-* and hurd-i386 from ftp-master's unstable and
experimental suites yesterday.  The move should be completed with this.

Ansgar

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

elementar
Where do I find kFreeBSD-amd64 isos, from testing or unstable?

Em sex, 12 de abr de 2019 17:49, Joerg Jaspert <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Hi

back in August 2018 we discussed architecture inclusion into
unstable/experimental.

Today we had our regular FTPMaster meeting and discussed hurd and both
kfreebsd architecture and decided to remove them from unstable and
experimental 2 weeks from now.

bye, Joerg
The sun? That’s the hottest place on Earth.

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Svante Signell-2
On Wed, 2019-06-26 at 12:14 -0300, elementar wrote:

> Where do I find kFreeBSD-amd64 isos, from testing or unstable?
>
> Em sex, 12 de abr de 2019 17:49, Joerg Jaspert <[hidden email]>
> escreveu:
> > Hi
> >
> > back in August 2018 we discussed architecture inclusion into
> > unstable/experimental.
> >
> > Today we had our regular FTPMaster meeting and discussed hurd and
> > both kfreebsd architecture and decided to remove them from unstable
> > and experimental 2 weeks from now.

You can find an old image you can upgrade from at:
https://people.debian.org/~jrtc27/debian-unofficial-kfreebsd-amd64-NETINST-1.iso

and then use (selected parts of) for sources.list for upgrades:
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports sid main
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports unreleased main
deb-src http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports unreleased main
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports experimental main