I made a pdf file, Hangul is not shown.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I made a pdf file, Hangul is not shown.

sebul
Hello. I'm a Korean.
I made a korean .po file.
And make command made a korean pdf file refcard-ko-a4.pdf
But in this pdf file, Hangul is not shown. Just shows Rectangles. English is shown.
How can solve this problem?
I referred
https://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#refcard

I attach my po file (my translation is work in progress)

ko.po (47K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I made a pdf file, Hangul is not shown.

victory.deb
On Fri, 22 May 2020 06:47:06 +0900
sebul wrote:

> Hello. I'm a Korean.
> I made a korean .po file.
> And make command made a korean pdf file refcard-ko-a4.pdf
> But in this pdf file, Hangul is not shown. Just shows Rectangles. English
> is shown.
> How can solve this problem?
> I referred
> https://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#refcard
>
> I attach my po file (my translation is work in progress)

you need to adjust ko fonts in dblatex.xsl;
see ja and zh example there

--
victory
no need to CC me :-)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I made a pdf file, Hangul is not shown.

Holger Wansing-4
In reply to this post by sebul
Hi,

sebul <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello. I'm a Korean.
> I made a korean .po file.
> And make command made a korean pdf file refcard-ko-a4.pdf
> But in this pdf file, Hangul is not shown. Just shows Rectangles. English
> is shown.
> How can solve this problem?
> I referred
> https://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#refcard
>
> I attach my po file (my translation is work in progress)

I have committed your file, and also the needed changings in dblatex.xsl etc.

It now builds fine with "make refcard-ko-a4.pdf"
(please note, that you need the "fonts-noto-cjk" package for Korean font.


Thanks
Holger


--
Holger Wansing <[hidden email]>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

make fail when make refcard-ko-a4.pdf

sebul
Thank you. But I got error messages when make refcard-ko-a4.pdf. Help me please.
Error messages are as follows.

sebul@sebul:~/org/doc/refcard$ make refcard-ko-a4.pdf
po4a-translate --format docbook --keep 0 -m entries.dbk -p po4a/ko.po -l entries-ko.dbk
xsltproc --nonet --novalid preproc.xsl entries-ko.dbk > refcard-ko.dbk
xsltproc --nonet --novalid fo.xsl refcard-ko.dbk > refcard-ko-a4.fo
Making portrait pages on USletter paper (99mmx210mm)
L=$(echo refcard-ko-a4.s.pdf | sed 's/.*-\(.*\)-.*/\1/'); \
SRC=$(echo refcard-ko-a4.fo|sed 's/-\(a4\|lt\).fo/.dbk/'); \
FMT=$(echo refcard-ko-a4.fo|sed 's/.*-\(a4\|lt\).fo/\1/'); \
dblatex --backend=xetex --texstyle=refcard.sty --xsl-user=dblatex.xsl --output=refcard-ko-a4.s.pdf --param=format=$FMT $SRC
Build the book set list...
Build the listings...
XSLT stylesheets DocBook - LaTeX 2e (0.3.10)
===================================================
Build refcard-ko.dbk.pdf
xelatex failed
refcard-ko.dbk.tex:27: Unknown option `hangul' for package `kotex'.
refcard-ko.dbk.tex:27: leading text: \setCJKmainfont
Unexpected error occured
Error: xelatex compilation failed
make: *** [Makefile:52: refcard-ko-a4.s.pdf] 오류 1
rm refcard-ko.dbk refcard-ko-a4.fo

2020년 5월 23일 (토) 오전 3:54, Holger Wansing <[hidden email]>님이 작성:

>
> Hi,
>
> sebul <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello. I'm a Korean.
> > I made a korean .po file.
> > And make command made a korean pdf file refcard-ko-a4.pdf
> > But in this pdf file, Hangul is not shown. Just shows Rectangles. English
> > is shown.
> > How can solve this problem?
> > I referred
> > https://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#refcard
> >
> > I attach my po file (my translation is work in progress)
>
> I have committed your file, and also the needed changings in dblatex.xsl etc.
>
> It now builds fine with "make refcard-ko-a4.pdf"
> (please note, that you need the "fonts-noto-cjk" package for Korean font.
>
>
> Thanks
> Holger
>
>
> --
> Holger Wansing <[hidden email]>
> PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076



--
https://sebuls.blogspot.kr
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: make fail when make refcard-ko-a4.pdf

Holger Wansing-4
Hi,

Holger Wansing <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sebul <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thank you. But I got error messages when make refcard-ko-a4.pdf. Help me
> > please.
> > Error messages are as follows.
>
> > ===================================================
> > Build refcard-ko.dbk.pdf
> > xelatex failed
> > refcard-ko.dbk.tex:27: Unknown option `hangul' for package `kotex'.
> > refcard-ko.dbk.tex:27: leading text: \setCJKmainfont
> > Unexpected error occured
> > Error: xelatex compilation failed
> > make: *** [Makefile:52: refcard-ko-a4.s.pdf] 오류 1
> > rm refcard-ko.dbk refcard-ko-a4.fo
>
> You are likely missing a package on your machine.
> Make sure to have all packages listed in the debian/control file
> installed.
> It builds fine here on a Debian buster machine.
> I have attached the generated PDF, does it look OK for you?
>
>
> However, it also fails for me on a Debian bullseye machine.
> But that seems to be a texlive issue or the like, because Japanese also
> fails, which was fine before (there was a new texlive version released just
> yesterday).

I have filed bug #961703 for that, and maintainer immediately presented the
solution: there are additional build-depends needed for Bullseye.
I have committed a fix for that in
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/refcard/-/commit/897ca3e3d7a0e587b7d1e497999c34e1a79dc383

So, refcard now builds fine in unstable/testing again.


Holger



--
Holger Wansing <[hidden email]>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076