.ICEauthority in other WM than KDE

Jody-39
Hi,

I'm using Xfce4 on my laptop which have few memory, but I like Kde apps :)
When I launch konqueror for exemple I have a message like:

kdeinit: Aborting. No write access to '/home/jody/.ICEauthority'

This file belongs to root:
-rw-------  1 root root 358 2005-08-07 18:24 /home/jody/.ICEauthority

Could someone explain what this file does and why it belongs to root not
me ?

Thanks,

Ps: I'm using KDE 3.4.1-1 from Alioth repository.

Jody

Re: .ICEauthority in other WM than KDE

Isaac Clerencia-2
On Tuesday, 9 August 2005 18:24, Jody wrote:
> kdeinit: Aborting. No write access to '/home/jody/.ICEauthority'
>
> This file belongs to root:
> -rw-------  1 root root 358 2005-08-07 18:24 /home/jody/.ICEauthority
>
> Could someone explain what this file does and why it belongs to root not
> me ?
It's possible that a program that has been run with sudo has created it, as is
usually the case with kppp.

Best regards

--
Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es
Work: <[hidden email]>   | Debian: <[hidden email]>

Re: .ICEauthority in other WM than KDE

Jody-39
Hi,
Isaac Clerencia a écrit :
[...]
> It's possible that a program that has been run with sudo has created it, as is
> usually the case with kppp.

You are right:
- I 've tried start new desktop session, .ICEauthority is not destroyed
after closing session
- I removed it, then start new session of XFCE4: the file is not created
- Launch konqueror as user, the file is create with user rights
- Launch sudo konqueror, the file is always mine :)
- close both konqueror, start another sudo konqueror: file is created
with root's rights and so could not be erased by mine konqueror.

I know now that this file is created by "Kde", I believed that Xfce4 was
creating its own and don't want to share it :P

Thanks,

Jody