IPv6 proxy browsers??

Jeffrey B. Green-4
Are there any IPv6 proxy browsers around to test out web site set up?

thanks,
-jeff

Re: IPv6 proxy browsers??

Michael Richardson-5

    Jeffrey> Are there any IPv6 proxy browsers around to test out web
    Jeffrey> site set up?

Are you asking for a public proxy that speaks IPv4 and IPv6?
I can provide an authenticated one by 1:1 request.

--
]       He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life!           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[

Re: IPv6 proxy browsers??

Jeffrey B. Green-4
Bastien Durel wrote:
> Le lundi 22 mars 2010 à 15:53 -0400, Jeffrey B. Green a écrit :
>> Are there any IPv6 proxy browsers around to test out web site set up?
>>
> Hello,
>
> You can try http://www.sixxs.net/tools/gateway/
>
> Regards,

Thanks, however it doesn't quite work for me. I don't have a dns (AAAA)
entry yet for the site and so need to browse by the direct IP address.
The SixXS site forces a dns lookup and so entering the address doesn't work.

-jeff

Re: IPv6 proxy browsers??

Jeffrey B. Green-4
Michael Richardson wrote:
>     Jeffrey> Are there any IPv6 proxy browsers around to test out web
>     Jeffrey> site set up?
>
> Are you asking for a public proxy that speaks IPv4 and IPv6?
> I can provide an authenticated one by 1:1 request.

If iceweasel (firefox) can handle a IPv6 proxy then that would be okay,
or if you know if one of the other browsers do. However, my original
thought was just a web based proxy browser for the IPv6 address space.

regards,
-jeff

Re: IPv6 proxy browsers??

Steven Brunasso
You could just access a proxy server that is on both ip4/ip6 networks to test your site..  Just let me know, it is also a trivial matter to add an IPV6 AAAA dns record for your server to facilitate the test.   I think this is what mike is offering, and I can help you as well.

your system  ---ipv4 or ipv6---> ipv4/ipv6 proxy host
                                                                           +------> ipv6 website test
                                                                           +------> ipv4 website test

On Mar 23, 2010, at 10:27 AM, Jeffrey B. Green wrote:

>>    Jeffrey> Are there any IPv6 proxy browsers around to test out web
>>    Jeffrey> site set up?
>>
>> Are you asking for a public proxy that speaks IPv4 and IPv6?
>> I can provide an authenticated one by 1:1 request.
>>

> If iceweasel (firefox) can handle a IPv6 proxy then that would be okay,
> or if you know if one of the other browsers do. However, my original
> thought was just a web based proxy browser for the IPv6 address space.
>
> regards,
> -jeff

Re: IPv6 proxy browsers??

Jeffrey B. Green-4
Steven Brunasso wrote:
> You could just access a proxy server that is on both ip4/ip6 networks
> to test your site.. Just let me know,

That sounds good. Should I contact offlist? Your diagram has answered my
supplemental questions regarding use. However I thought Mike mentioned
authentication and I didn't see any capabilities for that in iceweasel.
Am I missing something here, perhaps a magic dialog box I'm not seeing.

> it is also a trivial matter to add
> an IPV6 AAAA dns record for your server to facilitate the test. I think

Now I'm a bit confused, i.e what about SOA prerogatives for the
authoritative server? Can those things be sidestepped?

> this is what mike is offering, and I can help you as well.

thanks.

> your system  ---ipv4 or ipv6---> ipv4/ipv6 proxy host
>                                                                            +------> ipv6 website test
>                                                                            +------> ipv4 website test

-jeff

>>>    Jeffrey> Are there any IPv6 proxy browsers around to test out web
>>>    Jeffrey> site set up?
>>>
>>> Are you asking for a public proxy that speaks IPv4 and IPv6?
>>> I can provide an authenticated one by 1:1 request.
>>>
>> If iceweasel (firefox) can handle a IPv6 proxy then that would be okay,
>> or if you know if one of the other browsers do. However, my original
>> thought was just a web based proxy browser for the IPv6 address space.
>>
>> regards,
>> -jeff

Re: IPv6 proxy browsers??

Jeffrey B. Green-4

>>>    Jeffrey> Are there any IPv6 proxy browsers around to test out web
>>>    Jeffrey> site set up?
>>>
>>> Are you asking for a public proxy that speaks IPv4 and IPv6?
>>> I can provide an authenticated one by 1:1 request.
>>>
>> If iceweasel (firefox) can handle a IPv6 proxy then that would be okay,
>> or if you know if one of the other browsers do. However, my original
>> thought was just a web based proxy browser for the IPv6 address space.

It seems the only client that I can get to work so far with a IPv6 proxy
is curl, e.g.

curl -gv --proxy '[2001:...]:3128' 'http://[2002:...]'

-jeff

Re: IPv6 proxy browsers??

Peter Chubb-9

Jeffrey> Are there any IPv6 proxy browsers around to test out web site
Jeffrey> set up?

>>> If iceweasel (firefox) can handle a IPv6 proxy then that would be
>>> okay, or if you know if one of the other browsers do. However, my
>>> original thought was just a web based proxy browser for the IPv6
>>> address space.

It seems the only client that I can get to work so far with a IPv6 proxy
Jeffrey> is curl, e.g.

I've used opera with polipo, and had it work.

 --
Dr Peter Chubb        www.nicta.com.au      peter DOT chubb AT nicta.com.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia

Re: IPv6 proxy browsers??

Bernhard Schmidt
Jeffrey B. Green <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It seems the only client that I can get to work so far with a IPv6 proxy
> is curl, e.g.
>
> curl -gv --proxy '[2001:...]:3128' 'http://[2002:...]'

Most clients I've dealt with (including wget) support an IPv6 proxy.
Actually I haven't found an IPv6-enabled proxy-capable HTTP client that
could not deal with IPv6 proxies. However, using literal IPv6 addresses
is not very well supported. Use hostnames instead of addresses and you
should be fine.

berni@pest:~$ http_proxy="http://proxytest.mucip.net:3128" wget
http://www.heise.de
--2010-03-25 00:01:05--  http://www.heise.de/
Resolving proxytest.mucip.net... 2001:1b10:100::1:1
Connecting to proxytest.mucip.net|2001:1b10:100::1:1|:3128... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]

Bernhard

Re: IPv6 proxy browsers??

Jeffrey B. Green-4
Peter Chubb wrote:

> It seems the only client that I can get to work so far with a IPv6 proxy
> Jeffrey> is curl, e.g.
>
> I've used opera with polipo, and had it work.

I did also get wget to work, however using it was even more awkward than
curl. I'll see about opera although I may have a few hurdles since I'm
using debian on a powerpc for my workstation computer, and I think opera
may not like the powerpc aspect of my setup.

-jeff