ITP MQTT Explorer

Thomas Nordquist
Hi,
I’m the author of MQTT Explorer an MQTT Client intended for developers and home-automation enthusiasts https://mqtt-explorer.com.

The application is an open-source Electron app, licensed under cc-by-nd-4.0 and has currently a few thousand users.
Current distribution channels for Linux systems are AppImage and Snap.
Packaging as deb package is as easy as adding a single line to the package script.

For me the main question is, how to get the app published and how to maintain regular updates.
I plan about 4 - 8 feature releases over the course of this year, and I would like to know the process of updating a package.

Thomas

Re: ITP MQTT Explorer

Andrey Rahmatullin-3
On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 02:10:12PM +0200, Thomas Nordquist wrote:
> The application is an open-source Electron app, licensed under cc-by-nd-4.0 and has currently a few thousand users.
Packaging Electron apps conforming to the Debian Policy will probably be
hard.
Also, cc-by-nd-4.0 means it's only suitable for non-free.

> Packaging as deb package is as easy as adding a single line to the package script.
I don't think so.
You need to make a source package to get the package into Debian.

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

> I plan about 4 - 8 feature releases over the course of this year, and I would like to know the process of updating a package.
Prepare an updated source package, seek a sponsor.

--
WBR, wRAR