Install file into /usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/pkgconfig

Install file into /usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/pkgconfig

Birger Schacht
hi,

scdoc in its newest release installs a scdoc.pc file into
/usr/lib/pkgconfig. It does this by using
> install -Dm644 scdoc.pc $(PCDIR)/scdoc.pc

in the Makefile [0], where
> PCDIR?=$(_INSTDIR)/lib/pkgconfig
and
> _INSTDIR=$(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)

I've tried several attempts to make the package install the file to
/usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/pkgconfig but i've failed so far. I've
been successful using dh-exec in d/scdoc.install, but that resulted in
the file being in the package *both* in /usr/lib/pkgconfig *and*
/usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/pkgconfig
I also tried to override PCDIR in d/rules, but when i do
> dh_auto_install --
PCDIR=${DESTDIR}/usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/pkgconfig
the DESTDIR variable is empty.

I think i'm missing something obvious, any help appreciated ;)

cheers,
Birger

[0]
https://git.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/scdoc/tree/132278d91f49d7f609f242af71ccb03105795a71/Makefile

Re: Install file into /usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/pkgconfig

Andrey Rahmatullin-3
On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 06:54:22PM +0100, Birger Schacht wrote:
> I also tried to override PCDIR in d/rules, but when i do
> > dh_auto_install --
> PCDIR=${DESTDIR}/usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/pkgconfig
> the DESTDIR variable is empty.
Of course it's empty, just use the real path instead (debian/tmp or
debian/pkgname if you have just one subpackage).

--
WBR, wRAR