Introducing http://news.debian.net

Ana Guerrero Lopez

Hi,

I have setup http://news.debian.net/ where I intend to publish and link
information related to what is going on in the Debian project.
If you want to submit news you think it is interesting for developers and
users, you have several ways listed at: http://news.debian.net/submit-news/

If you are interesting in knowing my motivations for this site, please read:
http://ekaia.org/blog/2009/08/03/introducing-http-news-debian-net/

Hope you like it.

Ana

Re: Introducing http://news.debian.net

Joey Schulze
Ana Guerrero wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have setup http://news.debian.net/ where I intend to publish and link
> information related to what is going on in the Debian project.
> If you want to submit news you think it is interesting for developers and
> users, you have several ways listed at: http://news.debian.net/submit-news/
>
> If you are interesting in knowing my motivations for this site, please read:
> http://ekaia.org/blog/2009/08/03/introducing-http-news-debian-net/

Out of curiousity, why not feed times.debian.net with these articles?

Regards,

        Joey

--
MIME - broken solution for a broken design.  -- Ralf Baechle

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 07:53:05PM +0200, Joey Schulze wrote:
> Out of curiousity, why not feed times.debian.net with these articles?

If you are asking why not to publish direclty in times.debian.net I have
addressed it on my blog post. (Not easy way to contribute, mostly oriented to
agregate other sites and no comments)

If you are asking why not to aggregate the contents of news.d.n to times.d.n
that is not my call...

Ana

Re: Introducing http://news.debian.net

Bernd Zeimetz
Ana Guerrero wrote:
> I have setup http://news.debian.net/ where I intend to publish and link
[...]
> Hope you like it.

The idea is really good in general, but I - and probably a lot of other
developers - would have preferred if you'd be using ikiwiki and a public git on
alioth.

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                             Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79

Re: Introducing http://news.debian.net

Ana Guerrero Lopez

[Let's continue discussion only in -publicity, future emails, please drop
-project]

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 09:10:00PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Ana Guerrero wrote:
> > I have setup http://news.debian.net/ where I intend to publish and link
> [...]
> > Hope you like it.
>
> The idea is really good in general, but I - and probably a lot of other
> developers - would have preferred if you'd be using ikiwiki and a public git on
> alioth.

First of all, this site is not only for and by developers. This is for the Debian
community.

The usual problem with this kind of news site is not the technology you use,
with almost any technologies you can even make a pretty cool website. The problem
is *time*: having people involved who put time on it to gather news and having
people who spend 2 minutes in submitting stuff.

That said, could you explain why using ikiwiki and a public git repo is going to make
the website better, with more contributions?

Ana