Is there system-config-lvm for Debian 10?

Is there system-config-lvm for Debian 10?

Joe Irungu

Is there system-config-lvm for Debian 10?

Postby 4joeyirosh1 » 2019-07-11 21:57

Hi!I have upgraded from Debian 9.9 Stretch to Debian 10 Buster 64 bit.

I have always used system-config-lvm to graphically manage my logical volumes since Debian 8.When I tried to launch the system-config-lvm from Debian Buster,the dialog box for putting password froze and no GUI window for managing logical volumes is launched.

I uninstalled the system-config-lvm package so as to attempt to reinstall it but during installation the package cannot be found as below

#apt-get install system-config-lvm
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package system-config-lvm

Thus is there a system-config-lvm for Debian 10 or how else can I manage logical volumes in Buster?

Re: Is there system-config-lvm for Debian 10?

Paul Wise via nm
On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 5:27 AM Joe Irungu wrote:

> Thus is there a system-config-lvm for Debian 10 or how else can I manage logical volumes in Buster?

system-config-lvm was removed from Debian buster in 2017:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/system-config-lvm
https://tracker.debian.org/news/851840/removed-1118-3-from-unstable/

If you would like to reinstall system-config-lvm, you will have to add Debian 9 stretch to your apt sources.list and install it from there. Please note that it is unsupported though.

The removal bug report suggests kvpm as an alternative, but that isn't in Debian any more either:

The partitionmanager package seems to be a more modern KDE equivalent of that though. Other options might include gnome-disk-utility or gparted, depending on your needs.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise