KMyMoney and PSD 2

Martin Steigerwald
Hi!

With some European banking institutes KMyMoney HBCI/FinTS transfer has
stopped working today. For one institute I have an account with I opened
a bug report in Debian as I believe that KMyMoney 5.0.6 will fix that
particular issue.

However, that issue is just about the necessary registration code.

Some banking institutes may start to require a second factor today or
soon. This is not yet covered by the version of AQBanking in Debian and
probably will need another update for KMyMoney.

This all means that unless backports are provided online banking with
HBCI/FinTS will basically stop working with more and more banking
institutes in Europe. I however appreciate that providing backports
would be quite some work for Qt/KDE team as well as AQBanking
maintainers, so if you depend on this feature the path of least
resistance might be to just switch to Debian Testing once the necessary
updates are in place.

I do not really think PSD 2 in its current form is a good idea. The
registration code does not provide any additional security since it is
just a number being transferred. And allowing FinTech startups API
access to banking accounts to me sounds like a very bad idea for privacy
and security. But those are the new regulations so, …

Please understand that both upstream and Debian teams are very small. So
please allow for some time to have this settled at least in Unstable /
Testing. My experience with past issues like where I could not use HBCI/
FinTS for a while has been that banking institutes keep transactions
available through it for quite a while, so I was able to catch up once
it started working again.

[1] kmymoney: please update to 5.0.6 so KMyMoney uses registration code
for PSD2

https://bugs.debian.org/940223

Best
--
Martin

Re: KMyMoney and PSD 2

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer-2
On 19/09/14 10:04, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Hi!
>
> With some European banking institutes KMyMoney HBCI/FinTS transfer has
> stopped working today. For one institute I have an account with I opened
> a bug report in Debian as I believe that KMyMoney 5.0.6 will fix that
> particular issue.
>
> However, that issue is just about the necessary registration code.
>
> Some banking institutes may start to require a second factor today or
> soon. This is not yet covered by the version of AQBanking in Debian and
> probably will need another update for KMyMoney.
>
> This all means that unless backports are provided online banking with
> HBCI/FinTS will basically stop working with more and more banking
> institutes in Europe. I however appreciate that providing backports
> would be quite some work for Qt/KDE team as well as AQBanking
> maintainers, so if you depend on this feature the path of least
> resistance might be to just switch to Debian Testing once the necessary
> updates are in place.
>
> I do not really think PSD 2 in its current form is a good idea. The
> registration code does not provide any additional security since it is
> just a number being transferred. And allowing FinTech startups API
> access to banking accounts to me sounds like a very bad idea for privacy
> and security. But those are the new regulations so, …
>
> Please understand that both upstream and Debian teams are very small. So
> please allow for some time to have this settled at least in Unstable /
> Testing. My experience with past issues like where I could not use HBCI/
> FinTS for a while has been that banking institutes keep transactions
> available through it for quite a while, so I was able to catch up once
> it started working again.
>
> [1] kmymoney: please update to 5.0.6 so KMyMoney uses registration code
> for PSD2
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/940223

I think it's time you start packaging stuff, and help with this :-)

No jokes, and if anyone else feels like jumping in, please shout :-)

Re: KMyMoney and PSD 2

Martin Steigerwald
Martin Steigerwald - 14.09.19, 10:04:02 CEST:
> With some European banking institutes KMyMoney HBCI/FinTS transfer has
> stopped working today. For one institute I have an account with I
> opened a bug report in Debian as I believe that KMyMoney 5.0.6 will
> fix that particular issue.
>
> However, that issue is just about the necessary registration code.

As expected another "fix" is needed. Some German banking institutes ask
for TAN number for just retrieving transactions.

This needs AQBanking 6 or the beta version of it as well as at least
KMyMoney 5.0.7.

So far for now.

I believe this is going beyond what is feasible for Buster backports, so
this may be a reason to use Debian testing (or if you dare unstable).
Well for AQBanking I believe there are binary tarballs by upstream and
you could build KMyMoney from source.

Ciao,
--
Martin

Re: KMyMoney and PSD 2

Martin Steigerwald
Martin Steigerwald - 26.09.19, 09:30:34 CET:

> Martin Steigerwald - 14.09.19, 10:04:02 CEST:
> > With some European banking institutes KMyMoney HBCI/FinTS transfer
> > has stopped working today. For one institute I have an account with
> > I opened a bug report in Debian as I believe that KMyMoney 5.0.6
> > will fix that particular issue.
> >
> > However, that issue is just about the necessary registration code.
>
> As expected another "fix" is needed. Some German banking institutes
> ask for TAN number for just retrieving transactions.
>
> This needs AQBanking 6 or the beta version of it as well as at least
> KMyMoney 5.0.7.

That works now with the packages from Debian Sid and some manual
adaptions which including migration to AQBanking 6 and adapting the
ChipTAN method for one of the banking institutes I have an account with.

> I believe this is going beyond what is feasible for Buster backports,
> so this may be a reason to use Debian testing (or if you dare
> unstable). Well for AQBanking I believe there are binary tarballs by
> upstream and you could build KMyMoney from source.

Micha Lenk provided backports for AQBanking and Gwenhywfar anyway in a
personal repo. As far as I got he has the intention to provide them
officially as well.

Ciao,
--
Martin

Re: KMyMoney and PSD 2

Helge Reimer
Am Dienstag, 5. November 2019, 23:26:08 CET schrieb Martin Steigerwald:

> That works now with the packages from Debian Sid and some manual
> adaptions which including migration to AQBanking 6 and adapting the
> ChipTAN method for one of the banking institutes I have an account with.
>
> > I believe this is going beyond what is feasible for Buster backports,
> > so this may be a reason to use Debian testing (or if you dare
> > unstable). Well for AQBanking I believe there are binary tarballs by
> > upstream and you could build KMyMoney from source.
>
> Micha Lenk provided backports for AQBanking and Gwenhywfar anyway in a
> personal repo. As far as I got he has the intention to provide them
> officially as well.

Ja, danke.
Bei mir ist seit heute die Welt wieder in Ordnung. Wollte demnächst auch noch
eine Nachricht hier absetzen.

Der Ordner '~/.aqbanking/settings' heißt jetzt '~/.aqbanking/settings6'
In KmyMoney fängt man also mit jungfräulicher Banking Konfiguration an.
Bei mir hat es nicht geklappt mein Konto einzurichten. Es scheitert an der
Tan-Medienkennung, obwohl ich diese korrekt angegeben habe. Es wird dann kein
Konto eingerichtet.

Ich konnte aber 'settings6' in 'settings' umbenennen und dann das vorhandene
Konto richtig konfigurieren.
Man muss die Bankdaten und die iTan-Verfahren erneut abrufen. Und genau das
passiert beim Einrichtungsassistenten   nicht.

So weit so gut.

--
Gruß
Helge

Re: KMyMoney and PSD 2

Sandro Knauß-5
Hey,

> That works now with the packages from Debian Sid and some manual
> adaptions which including migration to AQBanking 6 and adapting the
> ChipTAN method for one of the banking institutes I have an account with.

Just a sidenote, because I stumbled over this by myself. AqBanking6 switched
there settings folder. That's why you need to rename the settings folder to
settings6 [1], than you can reuse the old configured accounts.
In order not everyone needs to find this page I created:

#944210: aqbanking-tools: Add note about rename settings to settings6

hefee

[1] https://www.aquamaniac.de/rdm/projects/aqbanking/wiki/AqBanking6

Re: KMyMoney and PSD 2

Martin Steigerwald
Helge Reimer - 05.11.19, 23:40:06 CET:
> Am Dienstag, 5. November 2019, 23:26:08 CET schrieb Martin
Steigerwald:

> > That works now with the packages from Debian Sid and some manual
> > adaptions which including migration to AQBanking 6 and adapting the
> > ChipTAN method for one of the banking institutes I have an account
> > with.>
> > > I believe this is going beyond what is feasible for Buster
> > > backports,
> > > so this may be a reason to use Debian testing (or if you dare
> > > unstable). Well for AQBanking I believe there are binary tarballs
> > > by
> > > upstream and you could build KMyMoney from source.
> >
> > Micha Lenk provided backports for AQBanking and Gwenhywfar anyway in
> > a personal repo. As far as I got he has the intention to provide
> > them officially as well.
>
> Ja, danke.
> Bei mir ist seit heute die Welt wieder in Ordnung. Wollte demnächst
> auch noch eine Nachricht hier absetzen.
>
> Der Ordner '~/.aqbanking/settings' heißt jetzt
> '~/.aqbanking/settings6' In KmyMoney fängt man also mit
> jungfräulicher Banking Konfiguration an. Bei mir hat es nicht
> geklappt mein Konto einzurichten. Es scheitert an der
> Tan-Medienkennung, obwohl ich diese korrekt angegeben habe. Es wird
> dann kein Konto eingerichtet.

Guckst Du

https://www.aquamaniac.de/rdm/projects/aqbanking/wiki/AqBanking6

Eine neue Version des Pakets wird einen Hinweis darauf enthalten.

--
Martin