Libvirt in Stretch?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Libvirt in Stretch?

Albin Otterhäll-2
Hi!

It seems that the package `libvirt-bin` has been deprecated in Stretch
(it isn't available via the repositories). I can't find any
documentation regarding virtualization using KVM in Stretch.

What's the replacement for `libvirt-bin`?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Albin Otterhäll

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Libvirt in Stretch?

Ansgar Burchardt-9
Albin Otterhäll writes:
> It seems that the package `libvirt-bin` has been deprecated in Stretch
> (it isn't available via the repositories). I can't find any
> documentation regarding virtualization using KVM in Stretch.
>
> What's the replacement for `libvirt-bin`?

The libvirt-bin package in Debian 8 has:

+---
| Package: libvirt-bin
| Version: 1.2.9-9+deb8u3
| [...]
| Depends: libvirt-daemon-system (>= 1.2.9-9+deb8u3), libvirt-clients (>= 1.2.9-9+deb8u3)
| [...]
| Description: programs for the libvirt library
|  [...]
|  This is a transitional package. You can safely remove it.
+---

So you are probably looking for libvirt-daemon-system and/or
libvirt-clients.

Ansgar

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Libvirt in Stretch?

Nicholas Geovanis-2

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Ansgar Burchardt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Albin Otterhäll writes:
> It seems that the package `libvirt-bin` has been deprecated in Stretch
> (it isn't available via the repositories). I can't find any
> documentation regarding virtualization using KVM in Stretch.
>
> What's the replacement for `libvirt-bin`?

The libvirt-bin package in Debian 8 has:

+---
| Package: libvirt-bin
| Version: 1.2.9-9+deb8u3
| [...]
| Depends: libvirt-daemon-system (>= 1.2.9-9+deb8u3), libvirt-clients (>= 1.2.9-9+deb8u3)
| [...]
| Description: programs for the libvirt library
|  [...]
|  This is a transitional package. You can safely remove it.
+---

So you are probably looking for libvirt-daemon-system and/or
libvirt-clients.

Ansgar


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Libvirt in Stretch?

Albin Otterhäll-2
On 01/04/2017 09:05 PM, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

> See this post from November:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2016/11/msg00518.html
>
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Ansgar Burchardt <"Ansgar
> Burchardt"@43-1.org> wrote:
>
>> Albin Otterhäll writes:
>>> It seems that the package `libvirt-bin` has been deprecated in Stretch
>>> (it isn't available via the repositories). I can't find any
>>> documentation regarding virtualization using KVM in Stretch.
>>>
>>> What's the replacement for `libvirt-bin`?
>>
>> The libvirt-bin package in Debian 8 has:
>>
>> +---
>> | Package: libvirt-bin
>> | Version: 1.2.9-9+deb8u3
>> | [...]
>> | Depends: libvirt-daemon-system (>= 1.2.9-9+deb8u3), libvirt-clients (>=
>> 1.2.9-9+deb8u3)
>> | [...]
>> | Description: programs for the libvirt library
>> |  [...]
>> |  This is a transitional package. You can safely remove it.
>> +---
>>
>> So you are probably looking for libvirt-daemon-system and/or
>> libvirt-clients.
>>
>> Ansgar
>>
>>
>

Thank you! Didn't see that post.

Regards,
Albin