Linkstation pro, micro-evtd problem?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Linkstation pro, micro-evtd problem?

Luca Olivetti
Hello,

I have a linkstation pro v1 (marvell orion5x) with a broken disk that
has been sitting in a drawer for several years.

A couple of days ago I fitted a new disk, installed debian wheezy,
dist-upgraded to jessie, dist-upgraded to stretch.

I started from wheezy since I wanted to test the upgrade path, I have
another box still running wheezy that I haven't got the guts to upgrade
yet [*].

Now that I have the lspro working and seeing that the upgrade went well,
before performing the upgrade I launched an rsync from the lacie to the
lspro (not only as backup but to test that everything will work after
the upgrade).

However, even if the load isn't too high, after a few (or not so few)
hours the box is unresponsive and starts beeping (short, fast repeating
beeps).
It happened twice while I wasn't home, so I could only turn off the box
and reboot it.

Today I was home when it started beeping with a different pattern (long
beeps). I could login to the lspro and restart the micro-evtd daemon.
That fixed the problem (until next time).

I see no messages in syslog.

I didn't touch the micro-evtd configuration, so I suppose it's running
with default settings.

Any idea on what could be wrong?


[*] https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2015/09/msg00046.html

Bye
--
Luca

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Linkstation pro, micro-evtd problem?

Luca Olivetti
El 10/4/19 a les 18:40, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

> Today I was home when it started beeping with a different pattern (long
> beeps). I could login to the lspro and restart the micro-evtd daemon.
> That fixed the problem (until next time).

Of course, right after hitting send, I found this message in my mail folder:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2017/04/msg00062.html

I now rebooted with iomem=relaxed, fingers crossed....

Bye
--
Luca

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Linkstation pro, micro-evtd problem?

Raju Devidas

Luca Olivetti writes:

> El 10/4/19 a les 18:40, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
>
>> Today I was home when it started beeping with a different pattern (long
>> beeps). I could login to the lspro and restart the micro-evtd daemon. That
>> fixed the problem (until next time).
>
> Of course, right after hitting send, I found this message in my mail folder:
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2017/04/msg00062.html
>
> I now rebooted with iomem=relaxed, fingers crossed....

What happened next?
I am in suspense :)

>
> Bye

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Linkstation pro, micro-evtd problem?

Luca Olivetti
El 17/4/19 a les 2:50, rajudev ha escrit:

>
> Luca Olivetti writes:
>
>> El 10/4/19 a les 18:40, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
>>
>>> Today I was home when it started beeping with a different pattern (long
>>> beeps). I could login to the lspro and restart the micro-evtd daemon. That
>>> fixed the problem (until next time).
>>
>> Of course, right after hitting send, I found this message in my mail folder:
>>
>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2017/04/msg00062.html
>>
>> I now rebooted with iomem=relaxed, fingers crossed....
>
> What happened next?
> I am in suspense :)

Well, it's still up, so it seems it worked.

Bye
--
Luca