Lintian on Jenkins

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lintian on Jenkins

Felix Lechner-4
Hi,

Could you please help with configuring Jenkins for Lintian so that cancel requests from Salsa are honored?

Alternatively, could we please halt older pipelines when new commits are scheduled? Subsequent requests wait.

Finally, if neither is possible, could we please reduce the timeout for Lintian to one hour? It is six hours, but the average run only takes about 15 minutes. Thanks!

Kind regards
Felix

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lintian on Jenkins

Holger Levsen-2
Hi Felix,

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 11:02:45PM -0700, Felix Lechner wrote:
> Could you please help with configuring Jenkins for Lintian so that cancel
> requests from Salsa are honored?

I've actually no idea how to do that and given that most CI jobs are
being moved to Salsa anyway, I don't really plan to learn this.

> Alternatively, could we please halt older pipelines when new commits are
> scheduled? Subsequent requests wait.

see above.

> Finally, if neither is possible, could we please reduce the timeout for
> Lintian to one hour? It is six hours, but the average run only takes about
> 15 minutes. Thanks!

done.


--
cheers,
        Holger

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
               holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
       PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C

In Europe there are people prosecuted by courts because they saved other people
from drowning in the  Mediterranean Sea.  That is almost as absurd  as if there
were people being prosecuted because they save humans from drowning in the sea.

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lintian on Jenkins

Mattia Rizzolo-5
On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 12:06:00PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 11:02:45PM -0700, Felix Lechner wrote:
> > Could you please help with configuring Jenkins for Lintian so that cancel
> > requests from Salsa are honored?
>
> I've actually no idea how to do that and given that most CI jobs are
> being moved to Salsa anyway, I don't really plan to learn this.

If anything, that should come through the GitLab Plugin
https://plugins.jenkins.io/gitlab-plugin
https://github.com/jenkinsci/gitlab-plugin/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
But I don't think I ever saw mentions of it (except cancelling the jobs
after pushing new commits to a MR, if that even works properly).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540      .''`.
more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                  `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia  `-

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment