Quantcast

Live cd root password

Bryan and Jill Taylor
I'm stuck with the live cd.  I would like to know the root password for
the live cd so I can mount/install things as the super user.  Does
anyone know the root password for the live cd?  I've tried:
blank,debian,etch,root password, etc.  Please cc a copy to my email
address.  Thanks in advance.
Bryan

Re: Live cd root password

Daniel Baumann-4
Bryan and Jill Taylor wrote:
> I would like to know the root password for the live cd

there is none.

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/FAQ#head-da35f51e4a39f2bdefd85e7cae8b0e90b550d923

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email:          [hidden email]

Re: Live cd root password

Vel Tankha
Bryan and Jill Taylor wrote
I'm stuck with the live cd.  I would like to know the root password for
the live cd so I can mount/install things as the super user.  Does
anyone know the root password for the live cd?  I've tried:
blank,debian,etch,root password, etc.  Please cc a copy to my email
address.  Thanks in advance.
Bryan

passwd root <- not working
sudo passwd root <- working!