Looking for a sponsor for awesfx

Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov
Hello,

I'm looking for a sponsor for updated awesfx package at
https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team/awesfx/.

Source package is currently uploaded to mentors.debian.net for review
(see https://mentors.debian.net/package/awesfx).

This release adds new agusload -- ALSA-native GUS loader.
Debian packaging changes include new/fixed manpages and other small fixes:

awesfx (0.5.2-1) unstable; urgency=medium

  * New upstream version 0.5.2
  * Change maintainer to debian-multimedia team
  * Move Vcs to salsa.d.o
  * Bump Standards-Version to 4.4.0 (no changes needed)
  * Point Homepage to GitHub page
  * Point debian/watch to GitHub releases
  * Use debhelper to install README-bank and setfx-sample.cfg
  * Update gusload and add agusload, aweset and setfx manpages

 -- Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov <[hidden email]>  Mon, 05 Aug 2019
23:11:00 +0300

--
With best wishes
Dmitry

Re: Looking for a sponsor for awesfx

Mattia Rizzolo-5
Hi there,

On Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 11:25:31PM +0300, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
> I'm looking for a sponsor for updated awesfx package at
> https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team/awesfx/.

Looking good, so I'm uploading it now.

That said, I'd like to ask if there are any plans on upstreaming all
those manpages.  It seems quite a pain to maintain them in Debian only,
and they have no reasons to be Debian only either.

Similarly, are we really carrying a patch fixing some typos since 2007,
never been upstream?  Please send that off.

Another point, is that I think you should bump the copyright years for
yourself in d/copyright, something for the next upload.

Also please share with upstream these issues:
X: awesfx source: deprecated-configure-filename
I: awesfx: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/text2sf chracter character

And for the next uploads please also take care of:
P: awesfx source: file-contains-trailing-whitespace debian/changelog (line 153)
P: awesfx source: package-uses-old-debhelper-compat-version 9

Lastly, please do not push any debian/ tags to the repository unless you
are very sure that's what is going to be uploaded.  I may have asked for
some changes before uploading, and then that tag would not be correct
anymore.  Sponsors differ here, I like to do the debian/ tags myself,
but others let the sponsoree do them.

o/

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540      .''`.
more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                  `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia  `-