Missing package in Debian Buster "evolution-ews"

Missing package in Debian Buster "evolution-ews"

Ronald Jaeckel
Dear development team,

I tested Debian Buster RC1 with success. Good work so far!

The only package I've missed was evolution-ews. It's not in the repositories anymore. So I took the package from sid and it worked for me. My question is: Will be the package evolution-ews integrated in Buster before the official release?

Best
Ronald J├Ąckel
Ronald Jaeckel

Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut fuer Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP)
Robert-Roessle-Str. 10
D-13125 Berlin - Germany

phone: +49 30 94793444
fax: +49 30 94793449
mobile: +49 151 64905061
mail-to: [hidden email]

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Missing package in Debian Buster "evolution-ews"

Bas Couwenberg-3
On 2019-06-17 09:56, Ronald Jaeckel wrote:
> The only package I've missed was evolution-ews. It's not in the
> repositories anymore. So I took the package from sid and it worked for
> me. My question is: Will be the package evolution-ews integrated in
> Buster before the official release?

No, the package is blocked from transitioning to testing for quite a
while, see:

  https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/evolution-ews

When the package gets fixed, it may be possible to backport it to
buster-backports. It wasn't backported before, so the maintainer is
unlikely to do that.

Perhaps you can get involved in resolving the issues in the package to
get it into testing, and maintain the backports once it's in testing.

Kind Regards,

Bas

Re: Missing package in Debian Buster "evolution-ews"

Luca Boccassi-3
On Mon, 2019-06-17 at 11:13 +0200, Bas Couwenberg wrote:

> On 2019-06-17 09:56, Ronald Jaeckel wrote:
> > The only package I've missed was evolution-ews. It's not in the
> > repositories anymore. So I took the package from sid and it worked
> > for
> > me. My question is: Will be the package evolution-ews integrated in
> > Buster before the official release?
>
> No, the package is blocked from transitioning to testing for quite a
> while, see:
>

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/evolution-ews
>

> When the package gets fixed, it may be possible to backport it to
> buster-backports. It wasn't backported before, so the maintainer is
> unlikely to do that.
>
> Perhaps you can get involved in resolving the issues in the package
> get it into testing, and maintain the backports once it's in testing.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas
Hi,

I rely on evolution-ews at $work so I opened 2 PRs on Salsa:

https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/evolution-data-server/merge_requests/1
https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/evolution-ews/merge_requests/2

Tested the changes, seem to work fine with the instance we use at
$work. It would be great if we could get the plugin back into Buster
before the release.

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi