Move refcard to salsa?

W. Martin Borgert
Hi,

if nobody objects, I would move the refcard git repo from
collab-maint to the Debian group at salsa these days.

Cheers

Re: Move refcard to salsa?

Holger Wansing-4
Hi,

"W. Martin Borgert" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if nobody objects, I would move the refcard git repo from
> collab-maint to the Debian group at salsa these days.

I have no objections, of course.
Could I gain upload rights there? Thanks

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <[hidden email]>
PGP-Finterprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076

Re: Move refcard to salsa?

Marcos Fouces-2

Hello

What about using the new ddp group repo at salsa?

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp

Greetings.

Marcos

Quoting Holger Wansing <[hidden email]>:
> "W. Martin Borgert" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> if nobody objects, I would move the refcard git repo from
>> collab-maint to the Debian group at salsa these days.

Correction: There is even a ddp group, so I'll put it there:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/refcard
(not yet there!)

> I have no objections, of course.
> Could I gain upload rights there? Thanks

You are member of the ddp group, so I assume yes.

DDP group on salsa.d.o? (was: Move refcard to salsa?)

W. Martin Borgert
On 2018-05-11 10:54, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Correction: There is even a ddp group, so I'll put it there:
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/refcard

Oops: ddp is not a group, but an empty repository.
Why is that so? What is it good for?
Shouldn't there be a DDP group with refcard and other stuff as projects?

Cheers

Re: DDP group on salsa.d.o? (was: Move refcard to salsa?)

Joost van Baal-Ilić-225
Hi,

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 12:41:47AM +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On 2018-05-11 10:54, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> > Correction: There is even a ddp group, so I'll put it there:
> > https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/refcard
>
> Oops: ddp is not a group, but an empty repository.

Indeed, [hidden email]:debian/ddp.git is an empty repository.

> Why is that so? What is it good for?

Somebody made a mistake, I'd guess.  Or maybe somebody thought about storing
shared ddp infastructure scripts there?  We do have
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/ddp/ddp.git/ : empty too.

> Shouldn't there be a DDP group with refcard and other stuff as projects?

Ideally refcard, faq, release-notes, project-history etc. would all be
standalone git repositories (after possibly being converted from svn to git) at
salsa.

I just saw that

 ddp/debian-reference
 ddp/maint-guide
 ddp/securing-debian-howto

have a git repo @ alioth; those would have to get migrated from alioth to salsa
(if they haven't yet).

Bye,

Joost

On 2018-05-12 09:51, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> Ideally refcard, faq, release-notes, project-history etc. would all be
> standalone git repositories (after possibly being converted from svn to git) at
> salsa.

D'accord. Question:
 - shall we have a "ddp" group on salsa.d.o with those repos, or
 - shall we put them (like ddp.git now) under "debian"

I'm in favour of a "ddp" group, but AFAIK this must be requested
to the Salsa admins.

Re: DDP group on salsa.d.o? (was: Move refcard to salsa?)

Holger Wansing-2
Hi,

Am Samstag, 12. Mai 2018 schrieb W. Martin Borgert:

> On 2018-05-12 09:51, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> > Ideally refcard, faq, release-notes, project-history etc. would all be
> > standalone git repositories (after possibly being converted from svn to git) at
> > salsa.
>
> D'accord. Question:
>  - shall we have a "ddp" group on salsa.d.o with those repos, or
>  - shall we put them (like ddp.git now) under "debian"
>
> I'm in favour of a "ddp" group, but AFAIK this must be requested
> to the Salsa admins.

+1 for the ddp group.
That would be similar solution as www- and installer-team
handles it for their repos.

Holger

Sent from my Jolla phone
http://www.jolla.com/

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 11:18:54AM +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

> On 2018-05-12 09:51, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> > Ideally refcard, faq, release-notes, project-history etc. would all be
> > standalone git repositories (after possibly being converted from svn to git) at
> > salsa.
>
> D'accord. Question:
>  - shall we have a "ddp" group on salsa.d.o with those repos, or
>  - shall we put them (like ddp.git now) under "debian"
>
> I'm in favour of a "ddp" group, but AFAIK this must be requested
> to the Salsa admins.

If putting our repos under a "ddp" group means write-access to our repos is
shared, then I'm in favour of that: it'd save administrative overhead in the
long run.

Thanks, Bye,

Joost

On 2018-05-12 12:16, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> If putting our repos under a "ddp" group means write-access to our repos is
> shared, then I'm in favour of that: it'd save administrative overhead in the
> long run.

That's my understanding: We can give write access to
non-DDs/non-DMs, as long as we (DDP) trust them...

OK, there is now
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team
and
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/refcard

I added just a bunch of people, please just add whoever I missed.

Re: DDP group on salsa.d.o? (was: Move refcard to salsa?)

Joost van Baal-Ilić-77
On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 01:11:40PM +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

> On 2018-05-12 12:16, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> > If putting our repos under a "ddp" group means write-access to our repos is
> > shared, then I'm in favour of that: it'd save administrative overhead in
> > the long run.
>
> That's my understanding: We can give write access to
> non-DDs/non-DMs, as long as we (DDP) trust them...
>
> OK, there is now
> https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team
> and
> https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/refcard
>
> I added just a bunch of people, please just add whoever I missed.

great, thanks

Bye, Joost

Re: DDP group on salsa.d.o? (was: Move refcard to salsa?)

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino-2

On 12 May 2018 at 09:51, Joost van Baal-Ilić <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 12:41:47AM +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On 2018-05-11 10:54, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> > Correction: There is even a ddp group, so I'll put it there:
> > https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/refcard
>
> Oops: ddp is not a group, but an empty repository.

Indeed, [hidden email]:debian/ddp.git is an empty repository.

Yes, this was just created.

> Why is that so? What is it good for?

Somebody made a mistake, I'd guess.  Or maybe somebody thought about storing
shared ddp infastructure scripts there?  We do have
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/ddp/ddp.git/ : empty too.

That was not a mistake, the idea was to move all of SVN to that GIT repository. It is currently empty because the migration has not taken place yet.

> Shouldn't there be a DDP group with refcard and other stuff as projects?

Ideally refcard, faq, release-notes, project-history etc. would all be
standalone git repositories (after possibly being converted from svn to git) at
salsa.

We can create a DDP group in Salsa for those repositories, how is this done? I am certainly new to Salsa myself.

I just saw that

 ddp/debian-reference
 ddp/maint-guide
 ddp/securing-debian-howto

have a git repo @ alioth; those would have to get migrated from alioth to salsa
(if they haven't yet).

FWIW, the securing-debian-howto GIT repository at Alioth does not have the same contents as SVN. This was migrated from SVN and then changes were done to migrate from debiandoc-sgml to XML. We will migrate this as an independent repository to Salsa, but this has not taken place yet.

Best regards

Javier

On 2018-05-12 12:16, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> If putting our repos under a "ddp" group means write-access to our repos is
> shared, then I'm in favour of that: it'd save administrative overhead in the
> long run.

That's my understanding: We can give write access to
non-DDs/non-DMs, as long as we (DDP) trust them...

OK, there is now
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team
and
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/refcard

I added just a bunch of people, please just add whoever I missed.

It feels like we are not organising ourselves sufficiently. Is there any way we can move the DDP (project) into the ddp-team (group)?
I only see an option to create a new project and I rather not duplicate the work I did yesterday if it can be avoided.

As I mentioned in my previous email in my view we should first move all of DDP SVN "as is", preserving all the history of the former repository. Then we could break apart into separate repositories those documents which are currently in trunk.

Best regards

Javier

On 2018-05-12 16:02, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> It feels like we are not organising ourselves sufficiently. Is there any
> way we can move the DDP (project) into the ddp-team (group)?
> I only see an option to create a new project and I rather not duplicate the
> work I did yesterday if it can be avoided.

You can just move the debian/ddp.git repo to the new ddp-team namespace:
Go to https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/edit
then General project settings
then Advanced settings
then Transfer project (to "ddp-team")
You can also first fill the project with everything and later
transfer it.

> As I mentioned in my previous email in my view we should first move all of
> DDP SVN "as is", preserving all the history of the former repository. Then
> we could break apart into separate repositories those documents which are
> currently in trunk.

Maybe in
https://salsa.debian.org/mehdi/salsa-scripts
is already a script to do everything?
But I see only git related stuff there, no svn :~(

On 2018-05-12 16:02, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> It feels like we are not organising ourselves sufficiently. Is there any
> way we can move the DDP (project) into the ddp-team (group)?
> I only see an option to create a new project and I rather not duplicate the
> work I did yesterday if it can be avoided.

You can just move the debian/ddp.git repo to the new ddp-team namespace:
Go to https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/edit
then General project settings
then Advanced settings
then Transfer project (to "ddp-team")
You can also first fill the project with everything and later
transfer it.

If I go to General -> Advanced I just see "Housekeeping" and "Rename repository" options. No option to transfer the project apparently.

Maybe an alternative to that is to export it and re-import in in the ddp-team space and remove the 'ddp' project.

> As I mentioned in my previous email in my view we should first move all of
> DDP SVN "as is", preserving all the history of the former repository. Then
> we could break apart into separate repositories those documents which are
> currently in trunk.

Maybe in
https://salsa.debian.org/mehdi/salsa-scripts
is already a script to do everything?
But I see only git related stuff there, no svn :~(

Marcos has already manually managed the move from SVN to GIT, so I believe we will use that. I believe the SVN move to GIT is not easily automated, that is maybe why there is no script for SVN there.

Best regards

Javier

On 2018-05-12 16:02, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> It feels like we are not organising ourselves sufficiently. Is there any
> way we can move the DDP (project) into the ddp-team (group)?
> I only see an option to create a new project and I rather not duplicate the
> work I did yesterday if it can be avoided.

You can just move the debian/ddp.git repo to the new ddp-team namespace:
Go to https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/edit
then General project settings
then Advanced settings
then Transfer project (to "ddp-team")
You can also first fill the project with everything and later
transfer it.

If I go to General -> Advanced I just see "Housekeeping" and "Rename repository" options. No option to transfer the project apparently.

Maybe an alternative to that is to export it and re-import in in the ddp-team space and remove the 'ddp' project.

> As I mentioned in my previous email in my view we should first move all of
> DDP SVN "as is", preserving all the history of the former repository. Then
> we could break apart into separate repositories those documents which are
> currently in trunk.

Maybe in
https://salsa.debian.org/mehdi/salsa-scripts
is already a script to do everything?
But I see only git related stuff there, no svn :~(

Marcos has already manually managed the move from SVN to GIT, so I believe we will use that. I believe the SVN move to GIT is not easily automated, that is maybe why there is no script for SVN there.

I already created 33 repos with obsolete documents destined to attic and six more for the following ones:

* harden-doc
* release-notes
* project-history
* debian-faq
* java-faq
* hamradio-handbook

I believe that some DD have to create the empty repos on Salsa so i can upload them.

Greetings,
Marcos

Best regards

Javier

On 2018-05-12 22:13, Marcos Fouces wrote:
> I already created 33 repos with obsolete documents destined to attic and

Great, thanks!

> six more for the following ones:
>
> * harden-doc
> * release-notes
> * project-history
> * debian-faq
> * java-faq
> * hamradio-handbook
>
> I believe that some DD have to create the empty repos on Salsa so i can
> upload them.

I create the six empty repos above in
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team
For any more, just tell me!

I suggest to use "debian/master" as default branch name, because
that's what DEP-14 says.

On 2018-05-12 20:45, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> If I go to General -> Advanced I just see "Housekeeping" and "Rename
> repository" options. No option to transfer the project apparently.

This can be done only be users with "owner" rights, it seems.

> Maybe an alternative to that is to export it and re-import in in the
> ddp-team space and remove the 'ddp' project.

What exactly needs to be exported? The ddp project is empty
anyway. Anything else?

Cheers

Re: DDP group on salsa.d.o? (was: Move refcard to salsa?)

Marcos Fouces-2
Hello Martin

I tried to upload the repos but i couldn't. I assume that the values for
remote are corrects:

$ git remote -v
origin  https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/hamradio-handbook.git (fetch)
origin  [hidden email]:ddp-team/hamradio-handbook.git (push)

Greetings.

Marcos

El 12/05/18 a las 22:40, W. Martin Borgert escribió:

> On 2018-05-12 22:13, Marcos Fouces wrote:
>> I already created 33 repos with obsolete documents destined to attic and
> Great, thanks!
>
>> six more for the following ones:
>>
>> * harden-doc
>> * release-notes
>> * project-history
>> * debian-faq
>> * java-faq
>> * hamradio-handbook
>>
>> I believe that some DD have to create the empty repos on Salsa so i can
>> upload them.
> I create the six empty repos above in
> https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team
> For any more, just tell me!
>
> I suggest to use "debian/master" as default branch name, because
> that's what DEP-14 says.

First git repos uploaded

Marcos Fouces-2
Hi

I uploaded all repositories but harden-doc because Javier already
uploaded it at securing-debian-howto. I hope that all migrations were
properly done!

Now, I just need an attic with 33 repositories for the obsolete documents.

Greetings,

Marcos

12