Nautilus is hanging with SSHFS

David BERCOT
Hi,

I use SSHFS but I have a big problem with Nautilus (Debian Sid, Gnome
2.10). I mount my SSHFS ressource like this :
        sshfs user@server:/ressource /local_ressource -o umask=022
In console, everything is OK !
But, when I launch Nautilus and I go to the local_ressource, Nautilus
closes whithout any message !!!
If I try with GEdit (for example), everything is OK too !!!

I think the only problem is with Nautilus !!!
Do you have any idea ? Can I find logs of Nautilus ?

Thank you very much.

David.

Re: Nautilus is hanging with SSHFS

Luis Mondesi
hello,

I'm not sure i understand you correctly, but, did you try reading the logs at:
.xsession-errors

$>tail -f ~/.xsession-errors

You might have some logs there. Also, try reading /var/log/syslog.

On 12/31/05, David BERCOT <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I use SSHFS but I have a big problem with Nautilus (Debian Sid, Gnome
2.10). I mount my SSHFS ressource like this :
        sshfs user@server:/ressource /local_ressource -o umask=022
In console, everything is OK !
But, when I launch Nautilus and I go to the local_ressource, Nautilus
closes whithout any message !!!
If I try with GEdit (for example), everything is OK too !!!

I think the only problem is with Nautilus !!!
Do you have any idea ? Can I find logs of Nautilus ?

Thank you very much.

David.

----)(-----
Luis M
System Administrator
Kiskeyix.org

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" -- Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html

Re: Nautilus is hanging with SSHFS

David BERCOT
> hello,
>
> I'm not sure i understand you correctly, but, did you try reading the
> logs at:
> .xsession-errors
>
> $>tail -f ~/.xsession-errors
>
> You might have some logs there. Also, try reading /var/log/syslog.

Nothing about any crash of Nautilus in these 2 files :-(

David.