Nautilus network browswer couldn't display "smb:///"

Nautilus network browswer couldn't display "smb:///"

Mark Hannon
Hello,

I am running Etch with Gnome 2.12 and can no longer browse windows shares in my local lan.  When clicking through the "Network" then "Windows Network" I get the error message: Couldn't display "smb:///".

When I try to connect to a nework share with nautilus I get a message such as: "smb://home.lan%3Bmark@putte/site" is not a valid location.

Samba browsing is working from other tools, with smbclient I can connect to shares and browse the network.  With smb4k I can browse and mount shares, with smbfs I can mount shares.

Any ideas as to how I could debug this issue?

Regards/mark

Re: Nautilus network browswer couldn't display "smb:///"

T-u-N-i-X
Hello..

Please install this package via APT: samba-gtk-frontends

Then you'll be able to browse network via Nautilus..

Have fun..

Mark Hannon yazmış:

> Hello,
>
> I am running Etch with Gnome 2.12 and can no longer browse windows
> shares in my local lan.  When clicking through the "Network" then
> "Windows Network" I get the error message: Couldn't display "smb:///".
>
> When I try to connect to a nework share with nautilus I get a message
> such as: "smb://home.lan%3Bmark@putte/site" is not a valid location.
>
> Samba browsing is working from other tools, with smbclient I can
> connect to shares and browse the network.  With smb4k I can browse and
> mount shares, with smbfs I can mount shares.
>
> Any ideas as to how I could debug this issue?
>
> Regards/mark

tunix.vcf (274 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Nautilus network browswer couldn't display "smb:///"

Tobbe Eriksson

believed to be clean.