Need ISO Debian 7.9.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need ISO Debian 7.9.

BREBION Freddy

Hi,

 

I need ISO of Debian 7.9 (not 7.11 as you can download on the Debian web site).

 

Do you know where can I find it ?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Regards,

Freddy.

 

.-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

.-4
https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/7.9.0-live/ should fit?

Am January 23, 2019 3:02:34 PM UTC schrieb BREBION Freddy <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

 

I need ISO of Debian 7.9 (not 7.11 as you can download on the Debian web site).

 

Do you know where can I find it ?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Regards,

Freddy.

 


--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Gerät mit K-9 Mail gesendet.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

john doe-6
In reply to this post by BREBION Freddy
On 1/23/2019 4:02 PM, BREBION Freddy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need ISO of Debian 7.9 (not 7.11 as you can download on the Debian web site).
>
> Do you know where can I find it ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Freddy.
>
>

https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/

HTH.

--
John Doe

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

BREBION Freddy
In reply to this post by .-4

Thanks for you answer.

 

It’s not fit because I can’t find « binutils » or « libc6-dev » package for exemple.

 

 

 

De : . [mailto:[hidden email]]
Envoyé : mercredi 23 janvier 2019 16:22
À : [hidden email]
Objet : Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

 

https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/7.9.0-live/ should fit?

Am January 23, 2019 3:02:34 PM UTC schrieb BREBION Freddy <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

 

I need ISO of Debian 7.9 (not 7.11 as you can download on the Debian web site).

 

Do you know where can I find it ?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Regards,

Freddy.

 


--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Gerät mit K-9 Mail gesendet.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

BREBION Freddy
In reply to this post by john doe-6
Thanks for you answer but in the https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/ website you just find 7.11 iso.

Regards.


-----Message d'origine-----
De : john doe [mailto:[hidden email]]
Envoyé : mercredi 23 janvier 2019 16:24
À : [hidden email]
Objet : Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

On 1/23/2019 4:02 PM, BREBION Freddy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need ISO of Debian 7.9 (not 7.11 as you can download on the Debian web site).
>
> Do you know where can I find it ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Freddy.
>
>

https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/

HTH.

--
John Doe

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

Pascal Hambourg-2
In reply to this post by BREBION Freddy
Le 23/01/2019 à 16:29, BREBION Freddy a écrit :
>
> It’s not fit because I can’t find « binutils » or « libc6-dev » package for exemple.

You can download and install them.

Why do you need specifically a Debian 7.9 ISO image ?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

BREBION Freddy
It's to take appropriate release package for Debian 7.9.

I don't want mix package release between 7.9 and 7.11.



-----Message d'origine-----
De : Pascal Hambourg [mailto:[hidden email]]
Envoyé : mercredi 23 janvier 2019 16:40
À : [hidden email]
Objet : Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

Le 23/01/2019 à 16:29, BREBION Freddy a écrit :
>
> It’s not fit because I can’t find « binutils » or « libc6-dev » package for exemple.

You can download and install them.

Why do you need specifically a Debian 7.9 ISO image ?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

john doe-6
In reply to this post by BREBION Freddy
On 1/23/2019 4:31 PM, BREBION Freddy wrote:

> Thanks for you answer but in the https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/ website you just find 7.11 iso.
>
> Regards.
>
>
> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : john doe [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Envoyé : mercredi 23 janvier 2019 16:24
> À : [hidden email]
> Objet : Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.
>
> On 1/23/2019 4:02 PM, BREBION Freddy wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need ISO of Debian 7.9 (not 7.11 as you can download on the Debian web site).
>>
>> Do you know where can I find it ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Freddy.
>>
>>
>
> https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/
>
> HTH.
>
> --
> John Doe
>

The 'jigdo' (1) utility will need to be used to get the release that you
want.

1)  https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/

--
John Doe

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

Greg Wooledge
In reply to this post by BREBION Freddy
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 03:44:14PM +0000, BREBION Freddy wrote:
> It's to take appropriate release package for Debian 7.9.
>
> I don't want mix package release between 7.9 and 7.11.

Wheezy is Debian 7.  7.1, 7.2, 7.3, ..., 7.9, 7.10, and 7.11 are all
"point releases" of wheezy.  They are wheezy with security and
other important bug fixes applied.

Both 7.9 and 7.11 are obsolete, well beyond end of life, and even beyond
Long Term Support (LTS).  They are unsupported.  There is no reason you
should be seeking them out.

That said, if you ARE running a 7.9 wheezy system for any reason, there
is NO justifiable reason for you to KEEP it in that state.  You can
still obtain the patched packages to bring it up to 7.11.  You don't
even have to modify your sources.list.  You just update & upgrade it
normally.

There is even LESS reason for you to be CREATING another wheezy 7.9 system
at this point.  What possible justification could you have for that?
"To keep the other one from getting lonely"?  If you require wheezy
for some reason (which is conceivable), then you should simply install
the most patched-up version of wheezy.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

Roberto C. Sánchez-2
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 10:49:10AM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 03:44:14PM +0000, BREBION Freddy wrote:
> > It's to take appropriate release package for Debian 7.9.
> >
> > I don't want mix package release between 7.9 and 7.11.
>
> Wheezy is Debian 7.  7.1, 7.2, 7.3, ..., 7.9, 7.10, and 7.11 are all
> "point releases" of wheezy.  They are wheezy with security and
> other important bug fixes applied.
>
> Both 7.9 and 7.11 are obsolete, well beyond end of life, and even beyond
> Long Term Support (LTS).  They are unsupported.  There is no reason you
> should be seeking them out.
>
> That said, if you ARE running a 7.9 wheezy system for any reason, there
> is NO justifiable reason for you to KEEP it in that state.  You can
> still obtain the patched packages to bring it up to 7.11.  You don't
> even have to modify your sources.list.  You just update & upgrade it
> normally.
>
> There is even LESS reason for you to be CREATING another wheezy 7.9 system
> at this point.  What possible justification could you have for that?
> "To keep the other one from getting lonely"?  If you require wheezy
> for some reason (which is conceivable), then you should simply install
> the most patched-up version of wheezy.
>

While I understand where Greg is coming from, I disagree with it being
so absolute.  There are reasons why someone might still legitimately
need to run wheezy, and even a prior point release from the latest.

That said, more detail on the problem would make it possible to provide
more helpful advice.

Freddy, can you provide a detailed explanation of what you are trying to
accomplish?

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sánchez

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

Freddy Brebion
In fact, I have many system in Debian 7.9, around the world, in amd64 platform.
On each, I have standalone repository deb_7.9 amd64.
I would install another program that need i386 packages.

The most efficient would be to create deb_7.11 amd64 and i386 repository on each platform (for migrate all servers, I agree), but it's too difficult because I have low connection with my plateform, and it's wild be difficult to copy all packages deb_7.11.

So, I would like to send just needed packages for my program, in deb_7.9 compatibility.

ie : some packages are critical : libc6 or linux-hedears for exemple.



Le mer. 23 janv. 2019 à 17:09, Roberto C. Sánchez <[hidden email]> a écrit :
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 10:49:10AM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 03:44:14PM +0000, BREBION Freddy wrote:
> > It's to take appropriate release package for Debian 7.9.
> >
> > I don't want mix package release between 7.9 and 7.11.
>
> Wheezy is Debian 7.  7.1, 7.2, 7.3, ..., 7.9, 7.10, and 7.11 are all
> "point releases" of wheezy.  They are wheezy with security and
> other important bug fixes applied.
>
> Both 7.9 and 7.11 are obsolete, well beyond end of life, and even beyond
> Long Term Support (LTS).  They are unsupported.  There is no reason you
> should be seeking them out.
>
> That said, if you ARE running a 7.9 wheezy system for any reason, there
> is NO justifiable reason for you to KEEP it in that state.  You can
> still obtain the patched packages to bring it up to 7.11.  You don't
> even have to modify your sources.list.  You just update & upgrade it
> normally.
>
> There is even LESS reason for you to be CREATING another wheezy 7.9 system
> at this point.  What possible justification could you have for that?
> "To keep the other one from getting lonely"?  If you require wheezy
> for some reason (which is conceivable), then you should simply install
> the most patched-up version of wheezy.
>

While I understand where Greg is coming from, I disagree with it being
so absolute.  There are reasons why someone might still legitimately
need to run wheezy, and even a prior point release from the latest.

That said, more detail on the problem would make it possible to provide
more helpful advice.

Freddy, can you provide a detailed explanation of what you are trying to
accomplish?

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sánchez

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

andy smith-10
In reply to this post by BREBION Freddy
Hello,

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 03:29:33PM +0000, BREBION Freddy wrote:
> It’s not fit because I can’t find « binutils » or « libc6-dev » package for exemple.

If you know the date the system was installed then you can use
http://snapshot.debian.org/ to look up and download contemporary
packages from that time. Perhaps that can save you from downloading
the entire install media.

Keeping these obsolete installs around and in use however, is a bad
idea as others have mentioned.

Cheers,
Andy

--
https://bitfolk.com/ -- No-nonsense VPS hosting

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

Roberto C. Sánchez-2
In reply to this post by Freddy Brebion
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 05:38:04PM +0100, Freddy Brebion wrote:

>    In fact, I have many system in Debian 7.9, around the world, in amd64
>    platform.
>    On each, I have standalone repository deb_7.9 amd64.
>    I would install another program that need i386 packages.
>
>    The most efficient would be to create deb_7.11 amd64 and i386 repository
>    on each platform (for migrate all servers, I agree), but it's too
>    difficult because I have low connection with my plateform, and it's wild
>    be difficult to copy all packages deb_7.11.
>
The reality is that migrating from 7.9 to 7.11 is not likely to provide
you enough additional security fixes to be considered adequate.  There
have been many security vulnerabilities announced that affect numerous
packages in wheezy since the end of LTS.

>    So, I would like to send just needed packages for my program, in deb_7.9
>    compatibility.
>
>    ie : some packages are critical : libc6 or linux-hedears for exemple.
>
The way that security updates work in Debian means that this likely
extra work for no particular benefit.  You should get the latest wheezy
version of the packages you need.  You should be able to find them on
archive.debian.org and they should work perfectly fine with whatever you
need.

The only possible exception would be packages that have an explicit
dependency on the exact binary version of another package.  For example,
a -dbg package with debugging symbols would depend on the same binary
version of its parent binary package.

However, you have not specified which packages you need to install in
this way and so it is not possible to know if your use case will be
affected by this limitation.

As others have noted, what you are doing brings with it a considerable
amount of risk.  You really should try to find a way to move to a
supported version of Debian.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need ISO Debian 7.9.

Mac Fly
In reply to this post by Freddy Brebion


In fact, I have many system in Debian 7.9, around the world, in amd64 platform.
On each, I have standalone repository deb_7.9 amd64.
I would install another program that need i386 packages.

The most efficient would be to create deb_7.11 amd64 and i386 repository on each platform (for migrate all servers, I agree), but it's too difficult because I have low connection with my plateform, and it's wild be difficult to copy all packages deb_7.11.

So, I would like to send just needed packages for my program, in deb_7.9 compatibility.

ie : some packages are critical : libc6 or linux-hedears for exemple.



Le mer. 23 janv. 2019 à 17:09, Roberto C. Sánchez <[hidden email]> a écrit :
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 10:49:10AM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 03:44:14PM +0000, BREBION Freddy wrote:
> > It's to take appropriate release package for Debian 7.9.
> >
> > I don't want mix package release between 7.9 and 7.11.
>
> Wheezy is Debian 7.  7.1, 7.2, 7.3, ..., 7.9, 7.10, and 7.11 are all
> "point releases" of wheezy.  They are wheezy with security and
> other important bug fixes applied.
>
> Both 7.9 and 7.11 are obsolete, well beyond end of life, and even beyond
> Long Term Support (LTS).  They are unsupported.  There is no reason you
> should be seeking them out.
>
> That said, if you ARE running a 7.9 wheezy system for any reason, there
> is NO justifiable reason for you to KEEP it in that state.  You can
> still obtain the patched packages to bring it up to 7.11.  You don't
> even have to modify your sources.list.  You just update & upgrade it
> normally.
>
> There is even LESS reason for you to be CREATING another wheezy 7.9 system
> at this point.  What possible justification could you have for that?
> "To keep the other one from getting lonely"?  If you require wheezy
> for some reason (which is conceivable), then you should simply install
> the most patched-up version of wheezy.
>

While I understand where Greg is coming from, I disagree with it being
so absolute.  There are reasons why someone might still legitimately
need to run wheezy, and even a prior point release from the latest.

That said, more detail on the problem would make it possible to provide
more helpful advice.

Freddy, can you provide a detailed explanation of what you are trying to
accomplish?

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sánchez