Next (old)stable point releases

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Next (old)stable point releases

Julien Cristau-6
Hi,

we should start thinking about dates for the 7.2 and 6.0.8 point
releases.  Which week-ends in the coming months would work for
ftpmaster, press and cd?  (We'd need one date for stable and another
later for oldstable.)

Anything particular that needs to happen on either the kernel or d-i
side?

- Sep 7-8
- Sep 14-15
- Sep 21-22
- Sep 28-29
- Oct 5-6
- Oct 12-13
- Oct 19-20
- Oct 26-27

Cheers,
Julien

signature.asc (853 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next (old)stable point releases

Steve McIntyre
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 03:55:14PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
>Hi,
>
>we should start thinking about dates for the 7.2 and 6.0.8 point
>releases.  Which week-ends in the coming months would work for
>ftpmaster, press and cd?  (We'd need one date for stable and another
>later for oldstable.)
>
>Anything particular that needs to happen on either the kernel or d-i
>side?

I've got a few trips etc. coming up, meaning some of your dates are
difficult for me. I've left in the ones that (can) work. Maybe a
Doodle would work better overall?

>- Sep 7-8
>- Sep 28-29
>- Oct 12-13
>- Oct 19-20

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                [hidden email]
"Since phone messaging became popular, the young generation has lost the
 ability to read or write anything that is longer than one hundred and sixty
 characters."  -- Ignatios Souvatzis


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20130819135923.GC1624@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next (old)stable point releases

Joerg Jaspert
In reply to this post by Julien Cristau-6
Am 19.08.2013 15:55, schrieb Julien Cristau:

> we should start thinking about dates for the 7.2 and 6.0.8 point
> releases.  Which week-ends in the coming months would work for
> ftpmaster, press and cd?  (We'd need one date for stable and another
> later for oldstable.)

We COULD do both at once, at least ftpmaster. Cant say for cd/press,
though cds may be hard.

> - Sep 7-8
> - Sep 14-15
> - Sep 21-22
> - Sep 28-29
> - Oct 5-6
> - Oct 12-13
> - Oct 19-20
> - Oct 26-27

Right now it looks like I can do all of them.

--
bye Joerg


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/2a269f20147181e06bfa6d6d3c7c8b1b@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next (old)stable point releases

Joey Schulze
Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 01:50:04PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > Am 19.08.2013 15:55, schrieb Julien Cristau:
> >
> > >we should start thinking about dates for the 7.2 and 6.0.8 point
> > >releases.  Which week-ends in the coming months would work for
> > >ftpmaster, press and cd?  (We'd need one date for stable and another
> > >later for oldstable.)
> >
> > We COULD do both at once, at least ftpmaster. Cant say for cd/press,
> > though cds may be hard.
>
> We're much longer overdue for oldstable (February) than we are for stable
> (June); if we stagger them, should we consider oldstable first?

All dates are fine for press at the moment.

Regards,

        Joey

--
Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct,
not tried it.  -- Donald E. Knuth


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20130902163500.GD18634@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next (old)stable point releases

Adam D. Barratt
On Mon, 2013-09-02 at 18:35 +0200, Joey Schulze wrote:
> Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:

[I don't appear to have Jonathan's mail - and nor do the list archives -
so piggy-backing on Joey's.]

> > We're much longer overdue for oldstable (February) than we are for stable
> > (June); if we stagger them, should we consider oldstable first?

It would quite probably be easier to do stable first, despite the above.

We have a few packages in both p-u and o-p-u currently which are newer
upstream versions (mostly via security), such that p-u > o-p-u > stable
> oldstable. If the oldstable point release occurs first, we either have
to not include those packages until 6.0.9 or temporarily have oldstable
> stable, which is at best confusing. (We've been in the latter
situation previously, for 5.0.9 / 6.0.3, and after some debate on the
day decided to include the packages in any case; I'm not sure we should
take that as precedent, however.)

Regards,

Adam


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/1378161699.18562.14.camel@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next (old)stable point releases

Adam D. Barratt
In reply to this post by Steve McIntyre
On Mon, 2013-08-19 at 14:59 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 03:55:14PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> >we should start thinking about dates for the 7.2 and 6.0.8 point
> >releases.  Which week-ends in the coming months would work for
> >ftpmaster, press and cd?  (We'd need one date for stable and another
> >later for oldstable.)

Apologies for the delay from my side.

[...]
> >- Sep 7-8

That's obviously too close now.

> >- Sep 28-29

I'm at a family event on that Saturday; it would be doable if someone
else is available though.

> >- Oct 12-13
> >- Oct 19-20

Either of those is fine for me.

Regards,

Adam


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/1378246184.28836.91.camel@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next (old)stable point releases

Julien Cristau-6
On Tue, Sep  3, 2013 at 23:09:44 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> [...]
> > >- Oct 12-13
> > >- Oct 19-20
>
> Either of those is fine for me.
>
Alright, let's go for

Oct 12-13: 7.3
Oct 19-20: 6.0.8

Cheers,
Julien

signature.asc (853 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next (old)stable point releases

Julien Cristau-6
On Thu, Sep  5, 2013 at 12:17:54 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:

> On Tue, Sep  3, 2013 at 23:09:44 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > > >- Oct 12-13
> > > >- Oct 19-20
> >
> > Either of those is fine for me.
> >
> Alright, let's go for
>
> Oct 12-13: 7.3
Obviously I meant 7.2...

> Oct 19-20: 6.0.8
>
> Cheers,
> Julien



signature.asc (853 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next (old)stable point releases

Steve McIntyre
On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 06:38:41PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:

>On Thu, Sep  5, 2013 at 12:17:54 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep  3, 2013 at 23:09:44 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>>
>> > [...]
>> > > >- Oct 12-13
>> > > >- Oct 19-20
>> >
>> > Either of those is fine for me.
>> >
>> Alright, let's go for
>>
>> Oct 12-13: 7.3
>
>Obviously I meant 7.2...
>
>> Oct 19-20: 6.0.8

Works for me...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                [hidden email]
"This dress doesn't reverse." -- Alden Spiess


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20130905165204.GC12939@...