Nextcloud client accessibility

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Nextcloud client accessibility

Patrick ZAJDA

Hello,


Does someone has succeeded in connecting to a Nextcloud server using the provided nextcloud client on Debian Buster?


Last time I tried, I was able to type the server address then click next but when the login page was displayed, I had to ask a sighted person to help me connecting as Orca didn't read the login page at all.


Best regards,


--
Patrick ZAJDA

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nextcloud client accessibility

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL-3
Hi,

Indeed, the Nextcloud client is not accessible (at least the desktop
release). However, you can use the nextcloudcmd client. It is so simple.
You just need to add a crontab job to synchronize with your server at
the good frequency, but it works. The other problem is the pass is not
encrypted, buyt maybe the client provides a solution to avoid this, I
did not search?

Regards



Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
Debian Developer non uploading
Community team member
Accessibility team member
debian-l10n-french team member
President of Debian France non-profit organization
Le 08/04/2020 à 14:44, Patrick ZAJDA a écrit :

> Hello,
>
>
> Does someone has succeeded in connecting to a Nextcloud server using the
> provided nextcloud client on Debian Buster?
>
>
> Last time I tried, I was able to type the server address then click next
> but when the login page was displayed, I had to ask a sighted person to
> help me connecting as Orca didn't read the login page at all.
>
>
> Best regards,
>
>
> --
> Patrick ZAJDA
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nextcloud client accessibility

Patrick ZAJDA

Hi Jean-Philippe,


Thanks for your answer.


Is there a way to get public links or share folders using command line or do you use the web interface and only use the command line client to synchronize?


Thanks,


Patrick

Le 08/04/2020 à 15:05, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL a écrit :
Hi,

Indeed, the Nextcloud client is not accessible (at least the desktop release). However, you can use the nextcloudcmd client. It is so simple. You just need to add a crontab job to synchronize with your server at the good frequency, but it works. The other problem is the pass is not encrypted, buyt maybe the client provides a solution to avoid this, I did not search?

Regards



Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
Debian Developer non uploading
Community team member
Accessibility team member
debian-l10n-french team member
President of Debian France non-profit organization
Le 08/04/2020 à 14:44, Patrick ZAJDA a écrit :
Hello,


Does someone has succeeded in connecting to a Nextcloud server using the provided nextcloud client on Debian Buster?


Last time I tried, I was able to type the server address then click next but when the login page was displayed, I had to ask a sighted person to help me connecting as Orca didn't read the login page at all.


Best regards,


-- 
Patrick ZAJDA


--
Patrick ZAJDA
Certification NVDA 2019
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nextcloud client accessibility

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL-3

Le 12/04/2020 à 11:52, Patrick ZAJDA a écrit :
> Hi Jean-Philippe,
>
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
>
> Is there a way to get public links or share folders using command line
> or do you use the web interface and only use the command line client to
> synchronize?

I dont do this so often, but I would use the web interface, yes. The
client enables to sync computer and server, but does not handlte the
URLS in my experience. I did not manage even with a graphical one

Regards

>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> Patrick
>
> Le 08/04/2020 à 15:05, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Indeed, the Nextcloud client is not accessible (at least the desktop
>> release). However, you can use the nextcloudcmd client. It is so
>> simple. You just need to add a crontab job to synchronize with your
>> server at the good frequency, but it works. The other problem is the
>> pass is not encrypted, buyt maybe the client provides a solution to
>> avoid this, I did not search?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>>
>>
>> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
>> Debian Developer non uploading
>> Community team member
>> Accessibility team member
>> debian-l10n-french team member
>> President of Debian France non-profit organization
>> Le 08/04/2020 à 14:44, Patrick ZAJDA a écrit :
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>
>>> Does someone has succeeded in connecting to a Nextcloud server using
>>> the provided nextcloud client on Debian Buster?
>>>
>>>
>>> Last time I tried, I was able to type the server address then click
>>> next but when the login page was displayed, I had to ask a sighted
>>> person to help me connecting as Orca didn't read the login page at all.
>>>
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Patrick ZAJDA
>>>
>>
> --
> Patrick ZAJDA
> Certification NVDA 2019

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nextcloud client accessibility

Alex ARNAUD-4
In reply to this post by Patrick ZAJDA
Le 12/04/2020 à 11:52, Patrick ZAJDA a écrit :
Is there a way to get public links or share folders using command line or do you use the web interface and only use the command line client to synchronize?

I'm using the GUI and many thanks for your question, I've just discovered the package caja-nextcloud that does the trick.

Best regards.