No Debian menu?

Chuck Williams-2
Hi,

I'm tracking Etch and have lost my Debian menu entirely on one of my
machines after recent updates.  I.e., there is no Debian entry on the
Gnome Applications menu.  I've tried running update-menus, but it does
not return.  Does anybody know how I can get my Debian menu back?

Thanks for any help,

Chuck

Re: No Debian menu?

Arnaud-11
I've got the same problem but I don't understand how to do for this menu

If anybody has the solution, post it in the mailing list

Thanks

Arnaud

PS: Excuse for my english, I'm French ;)

Chuck Williams a écrit :

>Hi,
>
>I'm tracking Etch and have lost my Debian menu entirely on one of my
>machines after recent updates.  I.e., there is no Debian entry on the
>Gnome Applications menu.  I've tried running update-menus, but it does
>not return.  Does anybody know how I can get my Debian menu back?
>
>Thanks for any help,
>
>Chuck

Re: No Debian menu?

Travé Roman-2
hi,

Le mardi 15 novembre 2005 à 10:58 -0500, Chuck Williams a écrit :
> I'm tracking Etch and have lost my Debian menu entirely on one of my
> machines after recent updates.  I.e., there is no Debian entry on the
> Gnome Applications menu.  I've tried running update-menus, but it does
> not return.  Does anybody know how I can get my Debian menu back?

on an Ubuntu box, I've to install menu and menu-xdg to make the Debian
menu appears in the Gnome one.

can this help you?

Roman
--
Travé Roman <[hidden email]>
Service Culturel - Université Bordeaux1

Re: No Debian menu?

Chuck Williams-2
I have both of those packages.  I think they are part of the standard distribution on Debian.  The Debian menu has been there for a long time, but has now just disappeared after recent updates.

Does anybody have another idea of how I might recover the Debian menu?

Chuck

Travé Roman wrote:
hi,

Le mardi 15 novembre 2005 à 10:58 -0500, Chuck Williams a écrit :

I'm tracking Etch and have lost my Debian menu entirely on one of my
machines after recent updates.  I.e., there is no Debian entry on the
Gnome Applications menu.  I've tried running update-menus, but it does
not return.  Does anybody know how I can get my Debian menu back?

on an Ubuntu box, I've to install menu and menu-xdg to make the Debian
menu appears in the Gnome one.

can this help you?

Roman

--
Chuck Williams
Manawiz
Principal
V: (808)885-8688
C: (415)846-9018
[hidden email]
AIM: hawimanawiz

Re: No Debian menu?

Hamish Moffatt
On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 05:52:49PM +0100, Travé Roman wrote:

> Le mardi 15 novembre 2005 à 10:58 -0500, Chuck Williams a écrit :
> > I'm tracking Etch and have lost my Debian menu entirely on one of my
> > machines after recent updates.  I.e., there is no Debian entry on the
> > Gnome Applications menu.  I've tried running update-menus, but it does
> > not return.  Does anybody know how I can get my Debian menu back?
>
> on an Ubuntu box, I've to install menu and menu-xdg to make the Debian
> menu appears in the Gnome one.
>
> can this help you?

Yes that fixes it on etch / sid.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>

Re: No Debian menu?

Arnaud-11
Me too, thanks.
But It appears after a reboot

Hamish Moffatt a écrit :

>On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 05:52:49PM +0100, Travé Roman wrote:
>

>>Le mardi 15 novembre 2005 à 10:58 -0500, Chuck Williams a écrit :
>>

>>>I'm tracking Etch and have lost my Debian menu entirely on one of my
>>>machines after recent updates.  I.e., there is no Debian entry on the
>>>Gnome Applications menu.  I've tried running update-menus, but it does
>>>not return.  Does anybody know how I can get my Debian menu back?
>>>

>>on an Ubuntu box, I've to install menu and menu-xdg to make the Debian
>>menu appears in the Gnome one.
>>
>>can this help you?
>>

>Yes that fixes it on etch / sid.
>
>Hamish

Re: No Debian menu?

Travé Roman-2
Le mardi 15 novembre 2005 à 12:21 -0500, Chuck Williams a écrit :
> I have both of those packages.  I think they are part of the standard
> distribution on Debian.  The Debian menu has been there for a long
> time, but has now just disappeared after recent updates.
>
> Does anybody have another idea of how I might recover the Debian menu?

are you sure all users on your system have lost the debian menu?
did a new user have lost it too?
have you run update-menu as root or end-user?

it can be a change in defaults or an old setting in your .gnome2

roman