Quantcast

Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Büşra Selin Pekişçi
Hello Andreas,

I am Busra from Turkey. I am studying Computer Engineering at Çanakkale 18 Mart University. I saw the Debian-Med idea at Outreachy organization's list and my friend Canberk told me about his experience on GSOC last year. I want to participate Outreachy so i am looking at bug 84326 . What should i do more for chosen.

Thanks for help. Regards.

Büşra Selin Pekişçi

Re: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Andreas Tille-5
Hello Büşra,

thanks for your interest in Debian Med.

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:45:54AM +0300, Büşra Selin Pekişçi wrote:
> I am Busra from Turkey. I am studying Computer Engineering at Çanakkale 18
> Mart University. I saw the Debian-Med idea at Outreachy organization's list
> and my friend Canberk told me about his experience on GSOC last year.

Seems Canberk is spreading the Debian Med idea in Turkey. :-)

> I want to participate Outreachy so i am looking at bug 84326
> <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=848326> . What should i
> do more for chosen.

Do you have some basic idea how to get the packaging VCS and the package
build process?  Is there any chance that Canberk gives you some quick
face to face introduction?  In any case I'd recommend to read the Debian
Med policy document[1] as a basic introduction into these questions.
Just feel free to ask here if anything might remain unclear.

> Thanks for help. Regards.

You are welcome

       Andreas.

[1] https://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Nadiya Sitdykova
Hi all!

I've already been working on this bug for some time. Maybe it's ok if we both will work on it, but I decided just to notify if it's not ok.

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Andreas Tille <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Büşra,

thanks for your interest in Debian Med.

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:45:54AM +0300, Büşra Selin Pekişçi wrote:
> I am Busra from Turkey. I am studying Computer Engineering at Çanakkale 18
> Mart University. I saw the Debian-Med idea at Outreachy organization's list
> and my friend Canberk told me about his experience on GSOC last year.

Seems Canberk is spreading the Debian Med idea in Turkey. :-)

> I want to participate Outreachy so i am looking at bug 84326
> <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=848326> . What should i
> do more for chosen.

Do you have some basic idea how to get the packaging VCS and the package
build process?  Is there any chance that Canberk gives you some quick
face to face introduction?  In any case I'd recommend to read the Debian
Med policy document[1] as a basic introduction into these questions.
Just feel free to ask here if anything might remain unclear.

> Thanks for help. Regards.

You are welcome

       Andreas.

[1] https://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

--
http://fam-tille.de

Re: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Andreas Tille-5
Hi Nadiya,

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 05:37:58PM -0700, Nadiya Sitdykova wrote:
> I've already been working on this bug for some time. Maybe it's ok if we
> both will work on it, but I decided just to notify if it's not ok.

Good point.   I forgot to check the numbers.  I guess its better if
everybody picks its own task since I do not see big potential for
sharing the worki in these issues.

Nadiya, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask here.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Büşra Selin Pekişçi
Hello Again,

I pick this bug in a random way and did not see somebody working on it sorry. So i can take another bug :) I am reading the policy and keep in touch with Canberk .He mentioned me about alioth and packaging basics will help me on the progress.  Thanks for help

Regards

Hi Nadiya,

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 05:37:58PM -0700, Nadiya Sitdykova wrote:
> I've already been working on this bug for some time. Maybe it's ok if we
> both will work on it, but I decided just to notify if it's not ok.

Good point.   I forgot to check the numbers.  I guess its better if
everybody picks its own task since I do not see big potential for
sharing the worki in these issues.

Nadiya, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask here.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Büşra Selin Pekişçi
Hello All,

I made a testsuite for bug number #848329 . I look at program's website and there is no documentation so i made a simple test by looking examples. Now what should i do to commit code to you ? Thanks for help.

Regards

Büşra Selin Pekişçi

Hello Again,

I pick this bug in a random way and did not see somebody working on it sorry. So i can take another bug :) I am reading the policy and keep in touch with Canberk .He mentioned me about alioth and packaging basics will help me on the progress.  Thanks for help

Regards

Hi Nadiya,

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 05:37:58PM -0700, Nadiya Sitdykova wrote:
> I've already been working on this bug for some time. Maybe it's ok if we
> both will work on it, but I decided just to notify if it's not ok.

Good point.   I forgot to check the numbers.  I guess its better if
everybody picks its own task since I do not see big potential for
sharing the worki in these issues.

Nadiya, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask here.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de

Re: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Andreas Tille-2
Hi Büşra

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 11:21:44PM +0300, Büşra Selin Pekişçi wrote:
> I made a testsuite for bug number #848329
> <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=848329> . I look at
> program's website and there is no documentation so i made a simple test by
> looking examples.

Sounds good.

> Now what should i do to commit code to you ? Thanks for
> help.

Did you created a login on alioth.debian.org as described in the Debian
Med policy?  If yes please either apply for the Debian Med team or let
me know your login name to make you a member of the team which will
grant you commit permissions to the Debian Med packaging repositories.

Then you can commit and I'll check your changes.

Thanks for your work on this

     Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Büşra Selin Pekişçi
Hello Andreas,

I make request to participate Debian-Med at Alioth fyi.

Best Regards.

Hi Büşra

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 11:21:44PM +0300, Büşra Selin Pekişçi wrote:
> I made a testsuite for bug number #848329
> <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=848329> . I look at
> program's website and there is no documentation so i made a simple test by
> looking examples.

Sounds good.

> Now what should i do to commit code to you ? Thanks for
> help.

Did you created a login on alioth.debian.org as described in the Debian
Med policy?  If yes please either apply for the Debian Med team or let
me know your login name to make you a member of the team which will
grant you commit permissions to the Debian Med packaging repositories.

Then you can commit and I'll check your changes.

Thanks for your work on this

     Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Andreas Tille-5
Hi Büşra,

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 10:29:01PM +0300, Büşra Selin Pekişçi wrote:
> I make request to participate Debian-Med at Alioth fyi.

I accepted yesterday evening - just let us know here if you have
problems commiting your changes.

Thanks for your work on this

      Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Büşra Selin Pekişçi
Hello Andreas,

I recognize Prank package at SVN i am not familiar with SVN what should i do ? Shall i look SVN or can somebody take package to Git. Thanks for help.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 11:36:32PM +0300, Büşra Selin Pekişçi wrote:
> I recognize Prank package at SVN i am not familiar with SVN what should i
> do ? Shall i look SVN or can somebody take package to Git. Thanks for help.

Since I have some experience with SVN to Git conversion I'll do so.

I'll ping here once this is done

     Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Andreas Tille-5
On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 08:34:43AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Since I have some experience with SVN to Git conversion I'll do so.
>
> I'll ping here once this is done

Prank is now at

    https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/prank.git

Have fun

     Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14)

Büşra Selin Pekişçi
Hello Andreas,

I commit my work to git. Will move next bug . Thanks for help.

Best Regards

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 01:47:59AM +0300, Büşra Selin Pekişçi wrote:
> I commit my work to git. Will move next bug . Thanks for help.

Nice. :-)

I've added some further changes, mainly

  * Installing the test script into the package and a documentation
    for users how they can test the package themselves
  * Closing the bug inside the changelog

For everybody who intends to work on those tests:  Please make sure
you do the same in other packages.

Büşra, please inspect the changes I commited to learn what needs to
be done before a final upload.  I have also one remaining issue:

  Please document inside debian/README.source where you obtained
  the dataset from.

Thanks a lot for your work on this

      Andreas.

--