Pass arguments to setup.py with dh_python2

Pass arguments to setup.py with dh_python2

Scott Talbert
Hi,

I've got a package where I need to pass an argument to setup.py as part of
the build process.  Is there a way to do this with dh_python2, ie, without
using overrides?

Scott

Re: Pass arguments to setup.py with dh_python2

Andrey Rahmatullin-3
On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 09:00:13AM -0400, Scott Talbert wrote:
> I've got a package where I need to pass an argument to setup.py as part of
> the build process.  Is there a way to do this with dh_python2, ie, without
> using overrides?
dh_python2 doesn't call setup.py, the build system (python_distutils or
pybuild) does, which one are you using?

--
WBR, wRAR

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:

>> I've got a package where I need to pass an argument to setup.py as part of
>> the build process.  Is there a way to do this with dh_python2, ie, without
>> using overrides?
> dh_python2 doesn't call setup.py, the build system (python_distutils or
> pybuild) does, which one are you using?

I'm not specifying one, so I suppose it is python_distutils?

Scott

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 09:21:16AM -0400, Scott Talbert wrote:
> > > I've got a package where I need to pass an argument to setup.py as part of
> > > the build process.  Is there a way to do this with dh_python2, ie, without
> > > using overrides?
> > dh_python2 doesn't call setup.py, the build system (python_distutils or
> > pybuild) does, which one are you using?
>
> I'm not specifying one, so I suppose it is python_distutils?
Then you'll need to pass args to dh_auto_*

--
WBR, wRAR