Perl pod string incorrectly in PO file

Helge Kreutzmann-2
Hello Guillem,
line 487 in dpkg.pod is a pod command, correct? So nothing to translate?

However, it ends up in the po(t) files, probabyl a bug in po4a?

Greetings

            Helge

--
      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     [hidden email]
           Dipl.-Phys.                   http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php

Re: Perl pod string incorrectly in PO file

Guillem Jover
Hi!

On Mon, 2020-06-01 at 08:43:42 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> line 487 in dpkg.pod is a pod command, correct? So nothing to translate?

It is currently commented out because the matching C code is also
currently disabled. But it's supposed to be enabled eventually. So
having it already translated would make sense IMO.

> However, it ends up in the po(t) files, probabyl a bug in po4a?

I guess it could be considered either a feature or a bug, depending on
how you look at it. I'd personally consider it a feature. :D

(Hope the migration to POD was not too painful? :)

Thanks,
Guillem

On Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 08:32:20PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Mon, 2020-06-01 at 08:43:42 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > line 487 in dpkg.pod is a pod command, correct? So nothing to translate?
>
> It is currently commented out because the matching C code is also
> currently disabled. But it's supposed to be enabled eventually. So
> having it already translated would make sense IMO.

Well, I'm not sure we are talking about the same line. So you would
translate "disabled" to "discapacitados" in Spanish oder "deaktivert"
in German? This works in Perl?

> > However, it ends up in the po(t) files, probabyl a bug in po4a?
>
> I guess it could be considered either a feature or a bug, depending on
> how you look at it. I'd personally consider it a feature. :D

If you are confident, I'll translate, no problem.

> (Hope the migration to POD was not too painful? :)

Well, migration always cause work you'd rather avoid. But given the
volume of changes it went quite smooth, thanks for taking care of the
translators.

Greetings

            Helge

On Thu, 2020-06-04 at 21:13:54 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 08:32:20PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > On Mon, 2020-06-01 at 08:43:42 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > > line 487 in dpkg.pod is a pod command, correct? So nothing to translate?
> >
> > It is currently commented out because the matching C code is also
> > currently disabled. But it's supposed to be enabled eventually. So
> > having it already translated would make sense IMO.
>
> Well, I'm not sure we are talking about the same line. So you would
> translate "disabled" to "discapacitados" in Spanish oder "deaktivert"
> in German? This works in Perl?

Ah sorry, right, completely misunderstood you. That seems indeed like
a bug in po4a, for which I've filed #962243.

> > (Hope the migration to POD was not too painful? :)
>
> Well, migration always cause work you'd rather avoid. But given the
> volume of changes it went quite smooth, thanks for taking care of the
> translators.

Great. :)

Thanks,
Guillem