Planet Debian revisions

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)-2
Hi

Recently some unhappiness (sorry for the euphemism) was caused by posts
on Planet Debian, which resulted in a whole number of public and private
discussions (yes, that too is a euphemism).

I think that it might be beneficial to revisit the rules of Planet
Debian and fortify it a bit.

The Planet's rules aren't that bad, it's quite liberal; any debian
contributor can post and the rules even encourages political posts.

If you haven't read it in a while, here it is:
https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian

I think it's important to be upfront that if an outside contributor
wants to republish content on Planet Debian, that they be aware that we
have certain community standards and that we expect them to follow it.
Currently the planet wiki page doesn't mention the CoC rules at all,
which a casual contributor might not even be aware of.

I also think that the paragraph about "not annoy people" should be
completely overworked. First, even following its intentions, it's way
too vague. Secondly, annoying the right people is an incredibly
important part of being human, and I think it's morally wrong of us to
ask people not to annoy anyone whatsoever.

I also think that the wiki page should explicitly mention that planet
debian is not the platform to stage personal spats on. If someone wants
to engage in a public fight, they should do that on another platform.

I also think it may be useful to include some examples of what might get
a post or an entire feed removed.

Well, those are some initial thoughts for now, if you made it this far,
thanks for reading :)

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀  Be Bold. Be brave. Debian has got your back.

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Ulrike Uhlig
Hi!

Jonathan Carter:

> I think that it might be beneficial to revisit the rules of Planet
> Debian and fortify it a bit.

Thanks for this initiative.

> The Planet's rules aren't that bad, it's quite liberal; any debian
> contributor can post and the rules even encourages political posts.
>
> If you haven't read it in a while, here it is:
> https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian
>
> I think it's important to be upfront that if an outside contributor
> wants to republish content on Planet Debian, that they be aware that we
> have certain community standards and that we expect them to follow it.
> Currently the planet wiki page doesn't mention the CoC rules at all,
> which a casual contributor might not even be aware of.

For reference, this is the Debian CoC:
https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct

At Tails we have a CoC that applies to all spaces in which we interact
with each other, be they physical, mailing lists, or other tools we use.
I like quite a lot because it "isn't an exhaustive list of things that
you can't do. Rather, take it in the spirit in which it's intended — a
guide to make it easier to enrich all of us and the technical
communities in which we participate."
(https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/code_of_conduct/)

I would appreciate seeing something going along those lines for any
space related to Debian, ie. also planet.d.o.. " part.

> I also think that the paragraph about "not annoy people" should be
> completely overworked. First, even following its intentions, it's way
> too vague. Secondly, annoying the right people is an incredibly
> important part of being human, and I think it's morally wrong of us to
> ask people not to annoy anyone whatsoever.

I think what I miss a bit in the Planet rules is the "Be respectful"
part and the "Be careful in the words that you choose. Be kind to
others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Harassment and
other exclusionary behavior aren't acceptable." Making it clear that you
cannot always agree, but that personal attacks are unacceptable.

> I also think that the wiki page should explicitly mention that planet
> debian is not the platform to stage personal spats on. If someone wants
> to engage in a public fight, they should do that on another platform.

Ack.

> I also think it may be useful to include some examples of what might get
> a post or an entire feed removed.

Maybe what is in the Tails part about "Be careful about the words that
you choose" can help with this.

> Well, those are some initial thoughts for now, if you made it this far,
> thanks for reading :)

Thanks again for bringing this up!

Cheers!
u.

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Wouter Verhelst
On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 02:37:00PM +0000, Ulrike Uhlig wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Jonathan Carter:
>
> > I think that it might be beneficial to revisit the rules of Planet
> > Debian and fortify it a bit.
>
> Thanks for this initiative.
>
> > The Planet's rules aren't that bad, it's quite liberal; any debian
> > contributor can post and the rules even encourages political posts.
> >
> > If you haven't read it in a while, here it is:
> > https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian
> >
> > I think it's important to be upfront that if an outside contributor
> > wants to republish content on Planet Debian, that they be aware that we
> > have certain community standards and that we expect them to follow it.
> > Currently the planet wiki page doesn't mention the CoC rules at all,
> > which a casual contributor might not even be aware of.
>
> For reference, this is the Debian CoC:
> https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct

Which claims:

  The Debian Project, the producers of the Debian system, have adopted a code
  of conduct for participants to its mailinglists, IRC channels and other modes
  of communication within the project.

(for clarity, that was part of the original GR that validated the code
of conduct)

I don't think it's a stretch (at all!) to claim that Planet Debian falls
under the "other modes of communication" bit there.

> At Tails we have a CoC that applies to all spaces in which we interact
> with each other, be they physical, mailing lists, or other tools we use.

So does Debian, actually (at least in my interpretation, which I don't
think is unreasonable).

[...]

> > I also think that the paragraph about "not annoy people" should be
> > completely overworked. First, even following its intentions, it's way
> > too vague. Secondly, annoying the right people is an incredibly
> > important part of being human, and I think it's morally wrong of us to
> > ask people not to annoy anyone whatsoever.
>
> I think what I miss a bit in the Planet rules is the "Be respectful"
> part and the "Be careful in the words that you choose. Be kind to
> others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Harassment and
> other exclusionary behavior aren't acceptable." Making it clear that you
> cannot always agree, but that personal attacks are unacceptable.

I think the code of conduct states those things too (although in other
formulations), and just updating the Planet rules to clarify that the
code of conduct applies should be enough?

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard

Re: Planet Debian revisions

On 2019/01/01 22:22, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

>>> I think it's important to be upfront that if an outside contributor
>>> wants to republish content on Planet Debian, that they be aware that we
>>> have certain community standards and that we expect them to follow it.
>>> Currently the planet wiki page doesn't mention the CoC rules at all,
>>> which a casual contributor might not even be aware of.
>>
>> For reference, this is the Debian CoC:
>> https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct
>
> Which claims:
>
>   The Debian Project, the producers of the Debian system, have adopted a code
>   of conduct for participants to its mailinglists, IRC channels and other modes
>   of communication within the project.
>
> (for clarity, that was part of the original GR that validated the code
> of conduct)
>
> I don't think it's a stretch (at all!) to claim that Planet Debian falls
> under the "other modes of communication" bit there.

Yes absolutely, I didn't mean to imply anything of the contrary. I just
brought it up because I think it would be a good idea to link to the CoC
from the PlanetDebian wiki page.

>> I think what I miss a bit in the Planet rules is the "Be respectful"
>> part and the "Be careful in the words that you choose. Be kind to
>> others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Harassment and
>> other exclusionary behavior aren't acceptable." Making it clear that you
>> cannot always agree, but that personal attacks are unacceptable.
>
> I think the code of conduct states those things too (although in other
> formulations), and just updating the Planet rules to clarify that the
> code of conduct applies should be enough?

I think it's part of it.

I really do think it's also worth while to explicitly have a short part
stating what the planet is not appropriate for, stating that it's not
appropriate to use the planet to republish personal arguments or smear
campaigns. Sure, that would also be against the CoC, but it will make it
much more easier to remove posts that do things like that rather than
having to rely on an interpretation of the CoC every time that matter
comes up.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋   https://debian.org | https://jonathancarter.org
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀  Be Bold. Be brave. Debian has got your back.

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Steve McIntyre
Hi Jonathan, and Happy New Year!

On Tue, Jan 01, 2019 at 10:38:58PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
>On 2019/01/01 22:22, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

>> (for clarity, that was part of the original GR that validated the code
>> of conduct)
>>
>> I don't think it's a stretch (at all!) to claim that Planet Debian falls
>> under the "other modes of communication" bit there.
>
>Yes absolutely, I didn't mean to imply anything of the contrary. I just
>brought it up because I think it would be a good idea to link to the CoC
>from the PlanetDebian wiki page.

Absolutely. Make it so!

>>> I think what I miss a bit in the Planet rules is the "Be respectful"
>>> part and the "Be careful in the words that you choose. Be kind to
>>> others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Harassment and
>>> other exclusionary behavior aren't acceptable." Making it clear that you
>>> cannot always agree, but that personal attacks are unacceptable.
>>
>> I think the code of conduct states those things too (although in other
>> formulations), and just updating the Planet rules to clarify that the
>> code of conduct applies should be enough?
>
>I think it's part of it.
>
>I really do think it's also worth while to explicitly have a short part
>stating what the planet is not appropriate for, stating that it's not
>appropriate to use the planet to republish personal arguments or smear
>campaigns. Sure, that would also be against the CoC, but it will make it
>much more easier to remove posts that do things like that rather than
>having to rely on an interpretation of the CoC every time that matter
>comes up.
Sounds reaonable, yes.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                [hidden email]
"When C++ is your hammer, everything looks like a thumb." -- Steven M. Haflich

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)-2
Dear Planet administrators and debian-project

Based on the very short amount of discussion we've had so far, I'd like
to make the following changes to https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian

I've scaled the wording down from what I originally suggested on
debian-project so that it doesn't include the term "smear campaign.

Under the section "What Can I Post On Planet", I would like to add the
following points:

"""
 4. Avoid posting personal fights or insults. Planet Debian is not an
appropriate medium for this.

 5. Debian's community standards fully apply to Planet Debian, that
includes following [[https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct|Debian's
Code of Conduct]].

 6. Posts that are syndicated on Planet Debian that doesn't conform to
our community standards may result in removal of a post or even an
entire blog. In such a case, please reach out to the Planet
administrators before re-adding your blog yourself.
"""

On #6 I was tempted to add "When a blog is removed, the committer should
add a comment listing the posts that resulted in it being removed", but
not sure if that's overloading it a bit too much.

Any thoughts?

I'll go ahead and add it if there are no objections.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋   https://debian.org | https://jonathancarter.org
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀  Be Bold. Be brave. Debian has got your back.

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Ulrike Uhlig
Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Carter:
> Dear Planet administrators and debian-project
>
> Based on the very short amount of discussion we've had so far, I'd like
> to make the following changes to https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian
>
> I've scaled the wording down from what I originally suggested on
> debian-project so that it doesn't include the term "smear campaign.

Thanks for working on this!

> Under the section "What Can I Post On Planet", I would like to add the
> following points:
>
> """
>  4. Avoid posting personal fights or insults. Planet Debian is not an
> appropriate medium for this.

>  5. Debian's community standards fully apply to Planet Debian, that
> includes following [[https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct|Debian's
> Code of Conduct]].
>
>  6. Posts that are syndicated on Planet Debian that doesn't conform to

"that don't" instead of "that doesn't"

> our community standards may result in removal of a post or even an
> entire blog. In such a case, please reach out to the Planet

"entire feed" ?

"In this case" instead of "In such a case" ?

> administrators before re-adding your blog yourself.

"before" or "instead" ?

> """

It all sounds good.

> On #6 I was tempted to add "When a blog is removed, the committer should
> add a comment listing the posts that resulted in it being removed", but
> not sure if that's overloading it a bit too much.

I think this is useful. Maybe "When a blog is removed, the committer
must (or should?) state a reason for the removal. If unsure, please
reach out to the Planet administrators."

Cheers!
u.

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Niels Thykier
Jonathan Carter:

> Dear Planet administrators and debian-project
>
> Based on the very short amount of discussion we've had so far, I'd like
> to make the following changes to https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian
>
> I've scaled the wording down from what I originally suggested on
> debian-project so that it doesn't include the term "smear campaign.
>
> Under the section "What Can I Post On Planet", I would like to add the
> following points:
>
> """
>  4. Avoid posting personal fights or insults. Planet Debian is not an
> appropriate medium for this.
>
>  5. Debian's community standards fully apply to Planet Debian, that
> includes following [[https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct|Debian's
> Code of Conduct]].
>
>  6. Posts that are syndicated on Planet Debian that doesn't conform to
> our community standards may result in removal of a post or even an
> entire blog. In such a case, please reach out to the Planet
> administrators before re-adding your blog yourself.
> """
>
> On #6 I was tempted to add "When a blog is removed, the committer should
> add a comment listing the posts that resulted in it being removed", but
> not sure if that's overloading it a bit too much.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> I'll go ahead and add it if there are no objections.
>
> -Jonathan

FWIW (as a random Debian Contributor), I would be glad to see that
amendment. :)

Thanks for making Debian a nicer place to work. :)

Thanks,
~Niels

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Steve McIntyre
On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 03:54:00PM +0000, Ulrike Uhlig wrote:

>Jonathan Carter:
>> Dear Planet administrators and debian-project
>>
>> Based on the very short amount of discussion we've had so far, I'd like
>> to make the following changes to https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian
>>
>> I've scaled the wording down from what I originally suggested on
>> debian-project so that it doesn't include the term "smear campaign.
>
>Thanks for working on this!
>
>> Under the section "What Can I Post On Planet", I would like to add the
>> following points:
>>
>> """
>>  4. Avoid posting personal fights or insults. Planet Debian is not an
>> appropriate medium for this.
>
>>  5. Debian's community standards fully apply to Planet Debian, that
>> includes following [[https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct|Debian's
>> Code of Conduct]].
>>
>>  6. Posts that are syndicated on Planet Debian that doesn't conform to
>
>"that don't" instead of "that doesn't"

+1

>> our community standards may result in removal of a post or even an
>> entire blog. In such a case, please reach out to the Planet
>
>"entire feed" ?

+1

>"In this case" instead of "In such a case" ?
>
>> administrators before re-adding your blog yourself.
>
>"before" or "instead" ?

"instead" is better, I think.

>> """
>
>It all sounds good.

Yup!

>> On #6 I was tempted to add "When a blog is removed, the committer should
>> add a comment listing the posts that resulted in it being removed", but
>> not sure if that's overloading it a bit too much.
>
>I think this is useful. Maybe "When a blog is removed, the committer
>must (or should?) state a reason for the removal. If unsure, please
>reach out to the Planet administrators."

Sounds good to me.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                [hidden email]
"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Jonathan Dowland
Thank you for doing this.

On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 05:39:58PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> 5. Debian's community standards fully apply to Planet Debian, that
>includes following [[https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct|Debian's
>Code of Conduct]].

I think this should be point #1. It's the most important point, IMHO.

> 6. Posts that are syndicated on Planet Debian that doesn't conform to
>our community standards may result in removal of a post or even an
>entire blog. In such a case, please reach out to the Planet
>administrators before re-adding your blog yourself.

I think technically individual posts cannot be removed, just entire
blogs. Editing #6 accordingly would also make it shorter and easier
to read.

>On #6 I was tempted to add "When a blog is removed, the committer should
>add a comment listing the posts that resulted in it being removed", but
>not sure if that's overloading it a bit too much.

I'm not sure that would necessarily be helpful. The URI (being
externally managed) would not be guaranteed to continue to serve the
same content at a later date.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Enrico Zini
On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 05:39:58PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:

>  4. Avoid posting personal fights or insults. Planet Debian is not an
> appropriate medium for this.

If I'm still on time, I'd suggest: "personal fights, insults, or slurs",
as I'm not sure how much we can give for granted that everyone
understands that using slurs counts as insulting.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <[hidden email]>

Re: Planet Debian revisions

On 2019/01/02 19:54, Enrico Zini wrote:
> If I'm still on time, I'd suggest: "personal fights, insults, or slurs",
> as I'm not sure how much we can give for granted that everyone
> understands that using slurs counts as insulting.

IMHO we're going to have to revisit these rules a few times to get it
right, so even after this round of edits I think we should be open to
suggestions and possibly cutting some cruft too so that it's easier to
read. But for now I think these initial additions will help to address
some of the most pressing problems.

I've added everyone's suggestions because I think they were good, here's
the updated section on a subpage:

https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian/ProposedChanges

If I get two +1's I'll go ahead and change it.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋   https://debian.org | https://jonathancarter.org
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀  Be Bold. Be brave. Debian has got your back.

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Philip Hands
Jonathan Carter <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 2019/01/02 19:54, Enrico Zini wrote:
>> If I'm still on time, I'd suggest: "personal fights, insults, or slurs",
>> as I'm not sure how much we can give for granted that everyone
>> understands that using slurs counts as insulting.
>
> IMHO we're going to have to revisit these rules a few times to get it
> right, so even after this round of edits I think we should be open to
> suggestions and possibly cutting some cruft too so that it's easier to
> read. But for now I think these initial additions will help to address
> some of the most pressing problems.
>
> I've added everyone's suggestions because I think they were good, here's
> the updated section on a subpage:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian/ProposedChanges
>
> If I get two +1's I'll go ahead and change it.
+1

Cheers, Phil.

P.S. with the caveat that I'd prefer "contact" to "reach out to",
     but that's probably just me showing my age, or some such.
--
|-|  http://www.hands.com/    http://ftp.uk.debian.org/
|(|  Hugo-Klemm-Strasse 34,   21075 Hamburg,    GERMANY

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Joerg Jaspert
On 15270 March 1977, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> Dear Planet administrators and debian-project
> Based on the very short amount of discussion we've had so far,
> I'd like to make the following changes to
> https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian

Yah, followed that, didn't see reason to add more to it. :)

> """
>  4. Avoid posting personal fights or insults. Planet Debian is
>  not an
> appropriate medium for this.

>  5. Debian's community standards fully apply to Planet Debian,
>  that
> includes following
> [[https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct|Debian's Code of
> Conduct]].

>  6. Posts that are syndicated on Planet Debian that doesn't
>  conform to
> our community standards may result in removal of a post or even
> an entire blog. In such a case, please reach out to the Planet
> administrators before re-adding your blog yourself.
> """

Only that one. We don't remove single posts. Its a blog in or out.

> On #6 I was tempted to add "When a blog is removed, the
> committer should add a comment listing the posts that resulted
> in it being removed", but not sure if that's overloading it a
> bit too much.

There are commit messages... Also, if you just comment it out,
leave a comment line right above it, shouldnt be hard.
But then, usually there is the policy to modify YOUR OWN (see "How
do I add..."), and then a "if you advocate, blabla, you may add
theirs".
So it shouldnt be a common action for many to remove others.

bye, Joerg

Re: Planet Debian revisions

On 2019/01/03 00:26, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

>>  6. Posts that are syndicated on Planet Debian that doesn't  conform
>> to our community standards may result in removal of a post or even an
>> entire blog. In such a case, please reach out to the Planet
>> administrators before re-adding your blog yourself.
>> """
>
> Only that one. We don't remove single posts. Its a blog in or out.
>
>> On #6 I was tempted to add "When a blog is removed, the committer
>> should add a comment listing the posts that resulted in it being
>> removed", but not sure if that's overloading it a bit too much.
>
> There are commit messages... Also, if you just comment it out, leave a
> comment line right above it, shouldnt be hard.
> But then, usually there is the policy to modify YOUR OWN (see "How do I
> add..."), and then a "if you advocate, blabla, you may add theirs".
> So it shouldnt be a common action for many to remove others.

Updated point 6 based you your and Phil's last feedback:

"""
Posts that are syndicated on Planet Debian that violate our community
standards may result in removal of the feed. When a feed is removed, the
committer must state the reason for removal, either in a commit message
or in the edited file. If unsure, please contact the planet
administrators instead of re-adding a feed yourself.
"""

Full text: https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian/ProposedChanges

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋   https://debian.org | https://jonathancarter.org
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀  Be Bold. Be brave. Debian has got your back.

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Benj. Mako Hill
<quote who="Philip Hands" date="Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 11:15:53PM +0100">

> > I've added everyone's suggestions because I think they were good, here's
> > the updated section on a subpage:
> >
> > https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian/ProposedChanges
> >
> > If I get two +1's I'll go ahead and change it.
>
> +1
>
> Cheers, Phil.
>
> P.S. with the caveat that I'd prefer "contact" to "reach out to",
>      but that's probably just me showing my age, or some such.

I like these changes. Thanks for doing this.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
https://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Charles Plessy-12
Le Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 06:54:25PM +0100, Enrico Zini a écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 05:39:58PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
>
> >  4. Avoid posting personal fights or insults. Planet Debian is not an
> > appropriate medium for this.
>
> If I'm still on time, I'd suggest: "personal fights, insults, or slurs",
> as I'm not sure how much we can give for granted that everyone
> understands that using slurs counts as insulting.

Hi Enrico,

on my side, I have no idea what a "slur" is: this word is new to me and
I would need a dictionary to understand that rule.  I would like to
suggest to keep a simple English vocabulary when writing rules.

Have a nice day !

Charles

Re: Planet Debian revisions

On 2019/01/03 02:23, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> I like these changes. Thanks for doing this.

Thanks, the changes are now live:

https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian

Where would be the best place to reach planet syndicators to notify them
about the update, d-d-a?

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋   https://debian.org | https://jonathancarter.org
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀  Be Bold. Be brave. Debian has got your back.

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Louis-Philippe Véronneau-3

Re: Planet Debian revisions

Ulrike Uhlig
Hi!

Jonathan Carter:
> On 2019/01/03 00:26, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> Full text: https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian/ProposedChanges

Looks good! I like it.

One tiny thingy based on a remark: I've looked up 'slur' in the
dictionary and 'slander' and 'libel' seem to be synonyms that might be
more widely known. Maybe a native speaker could confirm this.

Cheers!
Ulrike

12