Please remove me from this list

Ed Blonski
Please remove me from this list

Ed Blonski

847-310-6034

Manager, Technology Security and Compliance Initiatives

Privacy, Security & Compliance Officer

2401 W. Hassell Road, Suite 1510 | Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 | Tel: 847-310-6034 http://www.homeaccess.com

Re: Please remove me from this list

Gaston Martres || Qubit.TV
Check the headers, there you'll find how.

Cheers.

--
#Gastón Martres
SysAdmin GNU/Linux

Web: www.qubit.tv
Tel: +541152178673
Larrea 1106 3°C / CP: C1117ABH
C.A.B.A. - Argentina

Re: Please remove me from this list

Andrea Zwirner

Sent from my Sylpheed

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 11:23:47 -0500
Ed Blonski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please remove me from this list
>

> Ed Blonski
>
> 847-310-6034
>
> Manager, Technology Security and Compliance Initiatives
>
> Privacy, Security & Compliance Officer

> 2401 W. Hassell Road, Suite 1510 | Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 | Tel:
> 847-310-6034 http://www.homeaccess.com <http://www.homeaccess.com/>

Re: Please remove me from this list

Scott Blaydes
Doesn’t it make you wonder about a company who’s Privacy, Security and Compliance Officer can’t figure out how to get off of a mailing list that he had to subscribe to and verify his address for?

I know, I am a jerk, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw his posting to the list.

Now back to your regularly scheduled content.

On Jun 25, 2014, at 12:50 PM, Andrea Zwirner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sent from my Sylpheed
>
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 11:23:47 -0500
> Ed Blonski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Please remove me from this list
>>

>> Ed Blonski
>>
>> 847-310-6034
>>
>> Manager, Technology Security and Compliance Initiatives
>>
>> Privacy, Security & Compliance Officer

>> 2401 W. Hassell Road, Suite 1510 | Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 | Tel:
>> 847-310-6034 http://www.homeaccess.com <http://www.homeaccess.com/>

Re: Please remove me from this list

Jason Fergus
Ha ha, made me laugh.

Speaking of lists, I wish I knew how Evolution knows to ask if one would
like to reply to the list or the sender.  My work uses a bunch of
mailing lists, and I always feel like I'm breaking list etiquette when I
have to do a group reply, because the option isn't there to just reply
to the list.  I'm guessing it sees 'lists' in the To or CC field..

On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 23:43 -0500, Scott Blaydes wrote:

> Doesn’t it make you wonder about a company who’s Privacy, Security and Compliance Officer can’t figure out how to get off of a mailing list that he had to subscribe to and verify his address for?
>
> I know, I am a jerk, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw his posting to the list.
>
> Now back to your regularly scheduled content.
>
> On Jun 25, 2014, at 12:50 PM, Andrea Zwirner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Sent from my Sylpheed
> >
> > On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 11:23:47 -0500
> > Ed Blonski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Please remove me from this list
> >>

> >> Ed Blonski
> >>
> >> 847-310-6034
> >>
> >> Manager, Technology Security and Compliance Initiatives
> >>
> >> Privacy, Security & Compliance Officer
> >>
> >> __________________________________________________________________________
> >> 2401 W. Hassell Road, Suite 1510 | Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 | Tel:
> >> 847-310-6034 http://www.homeaccess.com <http://www.homeaccess.com/>

Re: Please remove me from this list

Erwan David
Le 26/06/2014 16:06, Jason Fergus a écrit :
> Ha ha, made me laugh.
>
> Speaking of lists, I wish I knew how Evolution knows to ask if one would
> like to reply to the list or the sender.  My work uses a bunch of
> mailing lists, and I always feel like I'm breaking list etiquette when I
> have to do a group reply, because the option isn't there to just reply
> to the list.  I'm guessing it sees 'lists' in the To or CC field..

There are several List-* headers relevant to this. eg. for this list you
get in the headers :

The relevant header for "replying to list" is List-Post:

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 16:15 +0200, Erwan David wrote:

> Le 26/06/2014 16:06, Jason Fergus a écrit :
> > Ha ha, made me laugh.
> >
> > Speaking of lists, I wish I knew how Evolution knows to ask if one would
> > like to reply to the list or the sender.  My work uses a bunch of
> > mailing lists, and I always feel like I'm breaking list etiquette when I
> > have to do a group reply, because the option isn't there to just reply
> > to the list.  I'm guessing it sees 'lists' in the To or CC field..
> >

> There are several List-* headers relevant to this. eg. for this list you
> get in the headers :

> The relevant header for "replying to list" is List-Post:

Thanks, good to know!

Re: Please remove me from this list

Kees de Jong-2
You mean these settings?
http://www.imagesup.net/?di=014037945535

On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 08:06 -0600, Jason Fergus wrote:
Ha ha, made me laugh.

Speaking of lists, I wish I knew how Evolution knows to ask if one would
like to reply to the list or the sender.  My work uses a bunch of
mailing lists, and I always feel like I'm breaking list etiquette when I
have to do a group reply, because the option isn't there to just reply
to the list.  I'm guessing it sees 'lists' in the To or CC field..

On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 23:43 -0500, Scott Blaydes wrote:
> Doesn’t it make you wonder about a company who’s Privacy, Security and Compliance Officer can’t figure out how to get off of a mailing list that he had to subscribe to and verify his address for?
>
> I know, I am a jerk, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw his posting to the list.
>
> Now back to your regularly scheduled content.
>
> On Jun 25, 2014, at 12:50 PM, Andrea Zwirner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Sent from my Sylpheed
> >
> > On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 11:23:47 -0500
> > Ed Blonski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Please remove me from this list
> >>

> >> Ed Blonski
> >>
> >> 847-310-6034
> >>
> >> Manager, Technology Security and Compliance Initiatives
> >>
> >> Privacy, Security & Compliance Officer
> >>
> >> __________________________________________________________________________
> >> 2401 W. Hassell Road, Suite 1510 | Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 | Tel:
> >> 847-310-6034 http://www.homeaccess.com <http://www.homeaccess.com/>

Re: Please remove me from this list

Nick Boyce-3
On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 23:43:36 -0500
Scott Blaydes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Doesn’t it make you wonder about a company who’s Privacy, Security
> and Compliance Officer can’t figure out how to get off of a mailing
> list that he had to subscribe to and verify his address for?

Yep - it's both amusing and horrifying.  He's not just the 'Privacy,
Security and Compliance Officer', but also the 'Manager, Technology
Security and Compliance'.  One can only hope his attention to detail is
greater when he's managing security and technology.

> I know, I am a jerk, but it was the first thing I thought of

I don't think that makes you a jerk at all.  IMHO one of the most
serious deteriorations in our profession has been the rise of slapdash,
non-technical, shoot-from-the-hip people to positions of power and
control. Raising your eyebrows at this trend does not make you a jerk.
It might make you humourless, but I'm sure that just applies to me :)

"Measure twice, cut once", either when cutting that plank, or altering
that firewall rule-set, or sending an email to a mailing list read by
hundreds of thousands of busy security engineers.

In the Elder Days, it was standard etiquette to read the archives of a
mailing list for a while before either subscribing or posting, so as to
learn whether the list was relevant & interesting without bothering its
thousands of regular readers with junk.  Sadly these courtesies seem
to be falling by the wayside.  Harumph :)

Ah well - yes, back to your regular programmes.

Cheers
Nick
--
Never FDISK after midnight

Re: Please remove me from this list

Joel Rees-3
On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 12:45 AM, [...]
>> I know, I am a jerk, but it was the first thing I thought of
>
> I don't think that makes you a jerk at all.

We are all jerks at times. It's part of being human and not
understanding the other guy's situation.

> IMHO one of the most
> serious deteriorations in our profession has been the rise of slapdash,
> non-technical, shoot-from-the-hip people to positions of power and
> control. Raising your eyebrows at this trend does not make you a jerk.
> It might make you humourless, but I'm sure that just applies to me :)

Trend?

Bill Gates?
Steve Jobs?

Trend, maybe, but nothing particularly new.

Managers manage by charisma more than by technical skill, even in the
"best" cases.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart.

Re: Please remove me from this list

Lucius Rizzo-2
Joel Rees wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 12:45 AM, [...]
> >> I know, I am a jerk, but it was the first thing I thought of
> >
> > I don't think that makes you a jerk at all.
>
> We are all jerks at times. It's part of being human and not
> understanding the other guy's situation.
>
> > IMHO one of the most
> > serious deteriorations in our profession has been the rise of slapdash,
> > non-technical, shoot-from-the-hip people to positions of power and
> > control. Raising your eyebrows at this trend does not make you a jerk.
> > It might make you humourless, but I'm sure that just applies to me :)
>
> Trend?
>
> Bill Gates?
> Steve Jobs?
>
> Trend, maybe, but nothing particularly new.
>
> Managers manage by charisma more than by technical skill, even in the
> "best" cases.
As someone who has been both management and a tech geek, I disagree
slightly about management with charisma alone. I agree with the
sentiment that someone who is in charge of a technical security portion
cannot figure out how to unsubscribe from a list.

Anyone random having issues, I'd understand but the very thing that
should represent the profession  belies the strangeness of the OP's
request. Of all things he should know, this isn't the hardest...  A
cursory google search would have told how to unsubscribe.

Kinda troubling I agree.

--