Postgresql very slow to start on Etch with LDAP

Postgresql very slow to start on Etch with LDAP

Stefano Salvi-2
I'm configuring a workstation in a network that manages users and groups
with openLDAP.
I created nearly 60 users in Postgresql.
Now the server takes nearly 2 minutes on startup (/etc/init.d/postgresql
start) and on stop.
How can shorten this time to a regular amount?
Thank you
    Stefano Salvi

Re: Postgresql very slow to start on Etch with LDAP

Roberto C. Sanchez-2
On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 12:00:03PM +0200, Stefano Salvi wrote:
> I'm configuring a workstation in a network that manages users and groups
> with openLDAP.
> I created nearly 60 users in Postgresql.
> Now the server takes nearly 2 minutes on startup (/etc/init.d/postgresql
> start) and on stop.

What do the logs say?  Have you raised the log level for postgres and
examined those messages?

Regards,

-Roberto
--