Problems trying to configure laptop monitor

Problems trying to configure laptop monitor

Nilton
    Hi. I am new here so I apologize if this question was
answered before. I cannot configure my laptop's monitor,
using Debian 1.3. I've got a HP Compaq. Any help? It
crashes whatever the options I set (1024x768 @ any frequency,
vesa, i"something", etc).
    Tanx.
    Nilton.

nsbranco.vcf (396 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Problems trying to configure laptop monitor

Tzafrir Cohen
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:03:50AM -0300, Nilton da Silva Branco wrote:
>    Hi. I am new here so I apologize if this question was
> answered before. I cannot configure my laptop's monitor,
> using Debian 1.3. I've got a HP Compaq. Any help? It
> crashes whatever the options I set (1024x768 @ any frequency,
> vesa, i"something", etc).

What is the exact model of your laptop? Can you attach you
/etc/X11/XF86Config ?

What happens when you try to start X?

-- Tzafrir

Re: Problems trying to configure laptop monitor

Ian Greenhoe
On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 12:48 -0400, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:03:50AM -0300, Nilton da Silva Branco wrote:
> >    Hi. I am new here so I apologize if this question was
> > answered before. I cannot configure my laptop's monitor,
> > using Debian 1.3. I've got a HP Compaq. Any help? It
> > crashes whatever the options I set (1024x768 @ any frequency,
> > vesa, i"something", etc).
>
> What is the exact model of your laptop? Can you attach you
> /etc/X11/XF86Config ?
>
> What happens when you try to start X?
>
> -- Tzafrir

Also, the output from lspci would be extremely helpful.
-Ian

Re: Problems trying to configure laptop monitor

Nilton
   Dear Tzafrir,
   It is a HP Compaq NX6110. The file you asked for is the following:
XF86Config-4 .
   It tries to open the graphical interface 2 or 3 times and thern returm to the command
line.
   Tanx.

Tzafrir Cohen wrote