RFR: new lintian check: linkage-against-deprecated-libcblas

RFR: new lintian check: linkage-against-deprecated-libcblas

Mo Zhou
Hi Science team,

I'd like to request for review on a new lintian warning check.
https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/309

In the past we've confirmed that programs should not be linked against
libcblas.so when they can use libblas.so . The detailed explanations can
be found following the reference links in the corresponding warning message.

I'll ping the lintian maintainers to merge it if no prblem is found.

Ack: this is part of my GSoC2020 project.

Re: RFR: new lintian check: linkage-against-deprecated-libcblas

Andreas Tille-5
Hi Mo,

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 06:02:59AM +0000, Mo Zhou wrote:
> I'd like to request for review on a new lintian warning check.
> https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/309
>
> In the past we've confirmed that programs should not be linked against
> libcblas.so when they can use libblas.so . The detailed explanations can
> be found following the reference links in the corresponding warning message.

sounds pretty sensible to me.

> I'll ping the lintian maintainers to merge it if no prblem is found.
>
> Ack: this is part of my GSoC2020 project.

This is part of my GSoC2020 mentoring. ;-)

Thanks for all your work on this

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de