RFS: FreeFOAM

Gerber van der Graaf-3
Dear Mentors and Debian-Science list,
I am looking for a sponsor of the FreeFOAM software for Computational
FLuid Dynamics (CFD) which uses the Control / Finite Volume Method.
Currently, Debian does not include packages of this type. FreeFOAM is a
fork of OpenFOAM, of which the configuration has been modernized by
using CMake and several other improvements have been implemented.
OpenFOAM / FreeFOAM is one of the most popular and highest quality CFD
software that currently exists. Several User Groups, organized by
universities and (research) industries, at different countries meet each
other on a regular basis. Next week (12 June) there will be a meeting of
the Dutch OpenFOAM Users Group ( http://www.dutchopenfoamusers.nl/ ),
where I will give an explanation about the FreeFOAM project. It would be
great if I can tell that FreeFOAM is entering, or even better: has been
accepted, in Debian. :)

The web page of FreeFOAM is at:
http://freefoam.sourceforge.net/

The packages can be found at:
http://mentors.debian.net/package/freefoam

The respective dsc file can be found at:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/freefoam/freefoam_0.1.0
+dfsg-1.dsc

Also, there is a git repo at debian/science:
http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-science/packages/freefoam.git

I am grateful to the people on this list for their comments and remarks
concerning the development the packages:
Michael Wild (upstream developer)
Anton Gladky
Sylvestre Ledru

Sincerely, Gerber van der Graaf

Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files (Was: RFS: FreeFOAM)

Andreas Tille-5
Hi Gerber,

when looking at the tasks page for physics[1] I can find an openfoam
project but freefoam is not mentioned.  Is it correct to mention
freefoam in the physics task as well and do you see other tasks this
package might fit.  Do you think that creating a physics-dev task and
adding libfreefoam-dev (as well as other development packages relevant
for developing physical applications) might make sense?

It might also help if you could clarify the connection to OpenFoam to
express this better on the tasks page.

BTW, it would be really cool if *any* developer of a scientific
application would check *now* whether its package is mentioned in the
Debian Science tasks.  It would be too bad if we would release with
incomplete metapackages.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

[1] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/physics

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 10:53:54AM +0200, Gerber van der Graaf wrote:

> Dear Mentors and Debian-Science list,
> I am looking for a sponsor of the FreeFOAM software for Computational
> FLuid Dynamics (CFD) which uses the Control / Finite Volume Method.
> Currently, Debian does not include packages of this type. FreeFOAM is a
> fork of OpenFOAM, of which the configuration has been modernized by
> using CMake and several other improvements have been implemented.
> OpenFOAM / FreeFOAM is one of the most popular and highest quality CFD
> software that currently exists. Several User Groups, organized by
> universities and (research) industries, at different countries meet each
> other on a regular basis. Next week (12 June) there will be a meeting of
> the Dutch OpenFOAM Users Group ( http://www.dutchopenfoamusers.nl/ ),
> where I will give an explanation about the FreeFOAM project. It would be
> great if I can tell that FreeFOAM is entering, or even better: has been
> accepted, in Debian. :)
>
> The web page of FreeFOAM is at:
> http://freefoam.sourceforge.net/
>
> The packages can be found at:
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/freefoam
>
> The respective dsc file can be found at:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/freefoam/freefoam_0.1.0
> +dfsg-1.dsc
>
> Also, there is a git repo at debian/science:
> http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-science/packages/freefoam.git
>

> I am grateful to the people on this list for their comments and remarks
> concerning the development the packages:
> Michael Wild (upstream developer)
> Anton Gladky
> Sylvestre Ledru
>
> Sincerely, Gerber van der Graaf

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files (Was: RFS: FreeFOAM)

Gerber van der Graaf-3
Hi Andreas, Dmitrijs Ledkovs
FreeFOAM will perfectly fit in the physics task. It also might a good
idea to put freefoam-dev in the physics-dev task, as, once freefoam is
installed on the computer, it is very easy to develop new libraries and
solvers for CFD using the CMake modules provided by freefoam.

Though OpenFOAM is in the physics task, I think this software will never
enter into Debian. Its configuration system is a mix of shell and WMake
scripts, which often have to be manipulated manually, does not install
in the standard (/usr/bin, /usr/lib etc) directories, for compilation
and executing OpenFOAM, many environmental settings are needed (provided
in a bash.rc) in order to get it work properly. These were the reasons
freefoam was created. Other differences are that shell scripts are
substituted by Python scripts. This mainly affects testing of the
tutorials. Apart from one module, which has to be removed because of
non-free files, its functioning is identic to OpenFOAM. Therefore, I
think that freefoam will substitute openfoam in the physics task.

In addition, in the past OpenFOAM provided a UserGuide.pdf under the
GPL-2 licence. Though OpenCFD (developer of OpenFOAM) never issued the
source of this pdf document (it was written in Latex). Therefore, the
UserGuide for freefoam had to be re-written (using asciidoc) in order to
adapt it for freefoam. In addition, the UserGuide.pdf provided by
OpenCFD is now issued under the Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

I think, the freefoam package will fit in:
- Chemistry: used for chemical engineering: mixing, reactive flows
- Engineering: (petro)chemical flows, heat transfer, aero-and
hydrodynamics (avionics, ships)
- Meteorology(-dev): for example, it is (going to be) used for studies
on energy turbine / windmill parks at sea and the effects on the
Atmospheric Boundary Layer
- Physics: used for studies on turbulence, boundary layers etc.
- Simulations

I filed a RFS: FreeFOAM bug against the sponsorship-requests package.
Its bug number is: #676620

Gerber

On Fri, 2012-06-08 at 11:10 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hi Gerber,
>
> when looking at the tasks page for physics[1] I can find an openfoam
> project but freefoam is not mentioned.  Is it correct to mention
> freefoam in the physics task as well and do you see other tasks this
> package might fit.  Do you think that creating a physics-dev task and
> adding libfreefoam-dev (as well as other development packages relevant
> for developing physical applications) might make sense?
>
> It might also help if you could clarify the connection to OpenFoam to
> express this better on the tasks page.
>
> BTW, it would be really cool if *any* developer of a scientific
> application would check *now* whether its package is mentioned in the
> Debian Science tasks.  It would be too bad if we would release with
> incomplete metapackages.
>
> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.
>
> [1] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/physics
>
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 10:53:54AM +0200, Gerber van der Graaf wrote:
> > Dear Mentors and Debian-Science list,
> > I am looking for a sponsor of the FreeFOAM software for Computational
> > FLuid Dynamics (CFD) which uses the Control / Finite Volume Method.
> > Currently, Debian does not include packages of this type. FreeFOAM is a
> > fork of OpenFOAM, of which the configuration has been modernized by
> > using CMake and several other improvements have been implemented.
> > OpenFOAM / FreeFOAM is one of the most popular and highest quality CFD
> > software that currently exists. Several User Groups, organized by
> > universities and (research) industries, at different countries meet each
> > other on a regular basis. Next week (12 June) there will be a meeting of
> > the Dutch OpenFOAM Users Group ( http://www.dutchopenfoamusers.nl/ ),
> > where I will give an explanation about the FreeFOAM project. It would be
> > great if I can tell that FreeFOAM is entering, or even better: has been
> > accepted, in Debian. :)
> >
> > The web page of FreeFOAM is at:
> > http://freefoam.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > The packages can be found at:
> > http://mentors.debian.net/package/freefoam
> >
> > The respective dsc file can be found at:
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/freefoam/freefoam_0.1.0
> > +dfsg-1.dsc
> >
> > Also, there is a git repo at debian/science:
> > http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-science/packages/freefoam.git
> >

> > I am grateful to the people on this list for their comments and remarks
> > concerning the development the packages:
> > Michael Wild (upstream developer)
> > Anton Gladky
> > Sylvestre Ledru
> >
> > Sincerely, Gerber van der Graaf
> >

> > --

> http://fam-tille.de

Re: RFS: FreeFOAM

Sylvestre Ledru-6
Le 08/06/2012 10:53, Gerber van der Graaf a écrit :
> Dear Mentors and Debian-Science list,
> I am looking for a sponsor of the FreeFOAM software for Computational
> FLuid Dynamics (CFD) which uses the Control / Finite Volume Method.

Uploaded!

Thanks for your work,
Sylvestre

Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files (Was: RFS: FreeFOAM)

Jan Beyer-2
Hi and sorry for the late reply,

but gwyddion could possibly also fit into general physics task but
definitely it should be included into the nanoscale physics task.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Jan

Und es begab sich am 08.06.2012 11:10, dass Andreas Tille schrieb:

> Hi Gerber,
>
> when looking at the tasks page for physics[1] I can find an openfoam
> project but freefoam is not mentioned.  Is it correct to mention
> freefoam in the physics task as well and do you see other tasks this
> package might fit.  Do you think that creating a physics-dev task and
> adding libfreefoam-dev (as well as other development packages relevant
> for developing physical applications) might make sense?
>
> It might also help if you could clarify the connection to OpenFoam to
> express this better on the tasks page.
>
> BTW, it would be really cool if *any* developer of a scientific
> application would check *now* whether its package is mentioned in the
> Debian Science tasks.  It would be too bad if we would release with
> incomplete metapackages.
>
> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.
>
> [1] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/physics

--
Jan Beyer happy Debian Maintainer ;-)

mail [hidden email] GPG key ID 0x0CA6B4AA
jabber [hidden email]
web http://www.beathovn.de/

Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files

Ole Streicher-2
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille <[hidden email]> writes:
> BTW, it would be really cool if *any* developer of a scientific
> application would check *now* whether its package is mentioned in the
> Debian Science tasks.  It would be too bad if we would release with
> incomplete metapackages.

How is the process to include packages there?

I recently packaged for the "astronomy" task:

- saods9
- sextractor
- iausofa-c
- starlink-pal
- starlink-ast
- wcstools
- wcslib
- python-pywcs
- funtools
- cpl
- esorex
- python-cpl

Best regards

Ole

Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files (Was: RFS: FreeFOAM)

Andreas Tille-5
Hi Jan,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 09:05:39PM +0200, Jan Beyer wrote:
> but gwyddion could possibly also fit into general physics task but
> definitely it should be included into the nanoscale physics task.

Done for physics and nanoscale-physics.

BTW, technically any DD can edit the tasks files (but it is fine if you
at least ping the list about this if you have no idea how to do this).

Thanks for the hint

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de

Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files

Andreas Tille-5
Hi Ole,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 06:40:02AM +0200, Olе Streicher wrote:

> How is the process to include packages there?

It is basically editing the files in

   svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/science/trunk/debian-science/tasks

Any DD should have commit permissions by ACLs (if it does not work for
you I'd keen on knowing this).  If it is not self explanatory you might
like to have a look in the Blends documentation[1].

> I recently packaged for the "astronomy" task:
>
> - saods9

It is just mentioned in the task as you can easily verify at the
according task page[2].  The remark about the removed package is cause
by the prospective package information[3] in the tasks file which I
just removed (needs new rendering of tasks page by the cron job.)

> - sextractor

Is just in task

> - iausofa-c

This is binary package libsofa-c-dev which I just added to astronomy-dev.

> - starlink-pal

Same here: -> libstarlink-pal-dev

> - starlink-ast

-> libstarlink-ast-dev

> - wcstools

  wcstools into astronomy
  libwcstools-dev into astronomy-dev

> - wcslib

  wcslib-tools into astronomy
  wcslib-dev into astronomy-dev

> - python-pywcs

  into astronomy

> - funtools

  funtools into astronomy
  Question: what about tcl-funtools? Should this be included
            as well / instead
  libfuntools-dev into astronomy-dev

> - cpl

  libcpl-dev into astronomy-dev

> - esorex

  esorex in astronomy

> - python-cpl

  I'm unsure where this might fit best

I just updated the tasks pages in the way I described above.  You might
like to have a look at [2] this evening after the cron job has run
(please check the date at the bottom of the page - sometimes UDD fails
due to some lack of performance of udd.debian.org and the pages are not
rendered successfully).

Thanks for your work on astronomy packages

       Andreas.

[1] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/blends/
[2] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/astronomy#saods9
[3] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/blends/ch-sentinel.en.html#s-packageslist

--
http://fam-tille.de

Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files (Was: RFS: FreeFOAM)

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel
On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:06:05 +0200
Andreas Tille <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 09:05:39PM +0200, Jan Beyer wrote:
> > but gwyddion could possibly also fit into general physics task but
> > definitely it should be included into the nanoscale physics task.
>
> Done for physics and nanoscale-physics.
>
> BTW, technically any DD can edit the tasks files (but it is fine if you
> at least ping the list about this if you have no idea how to do this).
>
> Thanks for the hint
>
>      Andreas.

Hello I tryed to add python-taurus to the dataacquisition task but I got this error message

picca@ORD03037:~/Debian/main/debian-science/debian-science$ git svn rebase
        M       tasks/astronomy
r3407 = 71ff1f80c505cf38e598e98fc73436b7c8089395 (refs/remotes/git-svn)
First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
Applying: add python-taurus to dataacquisition.
picca@ORD03037:~/Debian/main/debian-science/debian-science$ git svn dcommit  --username picca
Committing to svn://svn.debian.org/blends/projects/science/trunk/debian-science ...
Autorisation refusée: Authorization failed at /usr/lib/git-core/git-svn line 4970

what is wrong ?

thanks

Frédéric

--
GPG public key 4096R/4696E015 2011-02-14
    fingerprint = E92E 7E6E 9E9D A6B1 AA31  39DC 5632 906F 4696 E015

GPG public key 1024D/A59B1171 2009-08-11
    fingerprint = 1688 A3D6 F0BD E4DF 2E6B  06AA B6A9 BA6A A59B 1171
uid  Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel <[hidden email]>

Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files

Ole Streicher-2
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille <[hidden email]> writes:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 06:40:02AM +0200, Olе Streicher wrote:
>> How is the process to include packages there?
> It is basically editing the files in
>
>    svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/science/trunk/debian-science/tasks
>
> Any DD should have commit permissions by ACLs (if it does not work for
> you I'd keen on knowing this).  If it is not self explanatory you might
> like to have a look in the Blends documentation[1].

I am not a DD yet.

>> I recently packaged for the "astronomy" task:
>> - saods9
> It is just mentioned in the task [...]
>> - sextractor
> Is just in task
>> - iausofa-c
> This is binary package libsofa-c-dev which I just added to
> astronomy-dev.
>> - starlink-pal
> Same here: -> libstarlink-pal-dev
>> - starlink-ast
> -> libstarlink-ast-dev
>> - wcstools
>   wcstools into astronomy
>   libwcstools-dev into astronomy-dev
>> - wcslib
>   wcslib-tools into astronomy
>   wcslib-dev into astronomy-dev

OK.

>> - python-pywcs
>   into astronomy

astronomy-dev (see below)

>> - funtools
>   funtools into astronomy
>   Question: what about tcl-funtools? Should this be included
>             as well / instead
>   libfuntools-dev into astronomy-dev

Sorry: I think this should be removed from the task lists. Although I
recently packaged it, it is considered deprecated by its authors, and
only used within saods9. It should not be used for new developments.

>> - cpl
>   libcpl-dev into astronomy-dev
>> - esorex
>   esorex in astronomy
>> - python-cpl
>   I'm unsure where this might fit best

Into astronomy-dev, like python-pywcs

Just some more comments on the list:

* wnpp "MIDAS" is of 2007 and is already archived. Keeping it on the
  list may be misleading.

* The Python packages seem to have no defined place. Some (like
  python-pyfits) are in astronomy-dev, other (like python-scientific)
  are in astronomy. I think this should be consistent, and given that
  they are more used for writing analysis scripts than for interactive
  use, I would put them to "-dev". The same for "tcl" packages.

* I have a package "xpa" that is designed to be of general use, but in
  fact only used by one, astronomical, package (saods9). Maybe it would
  be useful to put this onto the list as well?

Best regards

Ole

Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files (Was:RFS: FreeFOAM)

Thibaut Paumard-3
> BTW, it would be really cool if *any* developer of a
> scientific application would check *now* whether its
> package is mentioned in the Debian Science tasks.

Hi,

Can you please add the following packages to the astronomy task?

yorick-mira
yorick-spydr
yorick-yao

(I'm a DM)

Regards, Thibaut.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:28:45AM +0200, Olе Streicher wrote:
> > Any DD should have commit permissions by ACLs (if it does not work for
> > you I'd keen on knowing this).  If it is not self explanatory you might
> > like to have a look in the Blends documentation[1].
>
> I am not a DD yet.

OK.  So if you are interested in maintaining tasks files yourself you
should become a mamber of Debian Pure Blends team.  Sending me a patch
is fine as well.

> >> - python-pywcs
> >   into astronomy
>
> astronomy-dev (see below)

OK.

> >> - funtools
> >   funtools into astronomy
> >   Question: what about tcl-funtools? Should this be included
> >             as well / instead
> >   libfuntools-dev into astronomy-dev
>
> Sorry: I think this should be removed from the task lists. Although I
> recently packaged it, it is considered deprecated by its authors, and
> only used within saods9. It should not be used for new developments.

So I removed libfuntools-dev from astronomy-dev.  Should funtools be
also removed from astronomy

> * wnpp "MIDAS" is of 2007 and is already archived. Keeping it on the
>   list may be misleading.

Do you consider it "not worth packaging at all" or are you just
concerned that nobody is actually doing anything.  In the first case a
removal is right in the second - well it might give a hint for people
who might like to start some packaging and unarchiving+reopening a WNPP
bug is no real problem.

> * The Python packages seem to have no defined place. Some (like
>   python-pyfits) are in astronomy-dev, other (like python-scientific)
>   are in astronomy. I think this should be consistent, and given that
>   they are more used for writing analysis scripts than for interactive
>   use, I would put them to "-dev". The same for "tcl" packages.

You mean tcl-funtools?

> * I have a package "xpa" that is designed to be of general use, but in
>   fact only used by one, astronomical, package (saods9). Maybe it would
>   be useful to put this onto the list as well?

I'm personally a friend of adding rather more than less packages because
it simply increases the visibility of those packages on one hand for the
user on the other hand also for developers.  We currently also can
distinguish between Depends (which will be rendered to "Recommends" in
the Metapackages for some historical reason) and Suggests to express
that it is not that important for the task.

Feel free to send me a patch in case something should be enhanced.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:46:37AM +0200, Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:

> Hello I tryed to add python-taurus to the dataacquisition task but I got this error message
>
> picca@ORD03037:~/Debian/main/debian-science/debian-science$ git svn rebase
>         M       tasks/astronomy
> r3407 = 71ff1f80c505cf38e598e98fc73436b7c8089395 (refs/remotes/git-svn)
> First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
> Applying: add python-taurus to dataacquisition.
> picca@ORD03037:~/Debian/main/debian-science/debian-science$ git svn dcommit  --username picca
> Committing to svn://svn.debian.org/blends/projects/science/trunk/debian-science ...
> Autorisation refusée: Authorization failed at /usr/lib/git-core/git-svn line 4970
>

> what is wrong ?

I have no idea whether this is some problem with the git-svn interface.
Could you for some moment ignore that Git is so much more powerful than
SVN and try:

   debcheckout debian-science
   <do some change>
   svn commit

Just to be sure that it is not some problem with the git-svn interface.

Thanks for testing

     Andreas.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:48:19AM +0200, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> Can you please add the following packages to the astronomy task?
>
> yorick-mira
> yorick-spydr
> yorick-yao

This makes the following packages in the task matching "yorick"
(including the packages which were just there):

 Depends: yorick-cubeview, yorick-mira, yorick-spydr, yorick-yao

 Suggests: yorick

In UDD we have:

udd=# SELECT DISTINCT package from packages where package like '%yorick%' ;
      package
--------------------
 yorick-yao
 yorick-mira
 yorick-av
 yorick-yeti-fftw
 yorick-mpeg
 yorick-z
 yorick-mpy-common
 yorick-mpy-openmpi
 yorick-ml4
 yorick-yeti-tiff
 yorick
 yorick-optimpack
 yorick-yeti
 yorick-yeti-gsl
 yorick-doc
 yorick-imutil
 yorick-data
 yorick-spydr
 yorick-yeti-regex
 yorick-curses
 yorick-cubeview
 yorick-yutils
 yorick-soy
 yorick-mpy-mpich2
 yorick-hdf5
 yorick-dbg
 yorick-dev
 yorick-gl

Does anybody think we should mention more yorick related packages?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de

Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files (Was:RFS: FreeFOAM)

Thibaut Paumard-5
Le 12/06/12 11:36, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:48:19AM +0200, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
>> Can you please add the following packages to the astronomy task?
>>
>> yorick-mira
>> yorick-spydr
>> yorick-yao
>
> This makes the following packages in the task matching "yorick"
> (including the packages which were just there):
>
>  Depends: yorick-cubeview, yorick-mira, yorick-spydr, yorick-yao
>
>  Suggests: yorick

> [...]
> Does anybody think we should mention more yorick related packages?

Hi,

I'm the maintainer for all these packages. The packages I suggested for
the astronomy task are the most astronomy specific and are (mostly)
usable by people who don't know yorick yet. On the other hand, most
users who actually run the yorick interpreter will want to install all
the other plug-ins as well.

Yorick itself (and some other plug-ins) is a dependency of each of the
yorick-* package, so it doesn't need to be suggested by the task, other
than for information to the users.

Regards, Thibaut.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:11:49PM +0200, Thibaut Paumard wrote:

> I'm the maintainer for all these packages. The packages I suggested for
> the astronomy task are the most astronomy specific and are (mostly)
> usable by people who don't know yorick yet. On the other hand, most
> users who actually run the yorick interpreter will want to install all
> the other plug-ins as well.

Without having the slightest idea about yorick this somehow smells like
it might make sense to create a metapackage which installs all yorick
plug-ins in one rush.  We could in turn make the science-astronomy
metapackage suggesting this.

> Yorick itself (and some other plug-ins) is a dependency of each of the
> yorick-* package, so it doesn't need to be suggested by the task, other
> than for information to the users.

OK, sounds reasonable.  What do you think about the
yorick-install-all-plugins metapackage approach?

Kind regards

     Andreas.

Le 12/06/12 13:32, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Without having the slightest idea about yorick this somehow smells like
> it might make sense to create a metapackage which installs all yorick
> plug-ins in one rush.  We could in turn make the science-astronomy
> metapackage suggesting this.

I have thought about it before and I think it is a good idea. The main
problem is I would need to find a sponsor for that upload since it adds
a binary package, and I'm afraid I might miss the release.

Regards, Thibaut.

Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files (Was: RFS: FreeFOAM)

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel
On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:29:40 +0200
Andreas Tille <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > what is wrong ?
>
> I have no idea whether this is some problem with the git-svn interface.
> Could you for some moment ignore that Git is so much more powerful than
> SVN and try:

;)

>    debcheckout debian-science
>    <do some change>
>    svn commit

I tried and the problem is identical

picca@ORD03037:/tmp/debian-science$ svn commit

svn: Échec de la propagation (commit), détails :
svn: Authorization failed
svn: Le message de propagation a été laissé dans un fichier temporaire :
svn:    '/tmp/debian-science/svn-commit.3.tmp'

I will try this evening from my house to check thaht this is not a port problem.

See you

Frédéric

--
GPG public key 4096R/4696E015 2011-02-14
    fingerprint = E92E 7E6E 9E9D A6B1 AA31  39DC 5632 906F 4696 E015
uid  Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel <[hidden email]>

GPG public key 1024D/A59B1171 2009-08-11
    fingerprint = 1688 A3D6 F0BD E4DF 2E6B  06AA B6A9 BA6A A59B 1171
uid  Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel <[hidden email]>

Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files (Was: RFS: FreeFOAM)

Andreas Tille-5
Hi Alioth admins,

it seems the Debian Pure Blends SVN lost ACL permissions for group
Debian when Alioth was split.  Could you please verify that any
DD has commit permissions to

   svn.debian.org:/svn/blends

Kind regards and thanks for maintaining alioth

      Andreas.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 01:56:14PM +0200, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> I have thought about it before and I think it is a good idea. The main
> problem is I would need to find a sponsor for that upload since it adds
> a binary package, and I'm afraid I might miss the release.

If you are concerned about a sponsor I might volunteer to do this for
this specific upload.  I do not see any point in beeing afraid to miss
the release.  If you do simply nothing you will miss the release in any
case - if you do something you at least will have a chance.  Or do you
want to wait for some specific package to migrade from sid to testing
which is currently in the "waiting queue"?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de