RFS : libdistlib-java

Pierre Gruet
Hi,

I have packaged libdistlib-java, which is a Java implementation of
several cdf, pdf, quantile and simulation functions from R, originally
written in C.

This was announced in ITP bug #961158.

Would it be possible to have a review? It would be precious, as this is
my first initial packaging!
It is in the Salsa repository [0].

Beyond packaging, I have also written tests that allowed me to create a
patch fixing issues in the original code (tiny errors from the
conversion from initial C to Java code). I will forward the patch to
upstream.

Thanks a lot and have a nice week,

Best,
Pierre

[0] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/libdistlib-java

Re: RFS : libdistlib-java

Andreas Tille-5
Hi Pierre,

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 10:47:58PM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:
> I have packaged libdistlib-java, which is a Java implementation of
> several cdf, pdf, quantile and simulation functions from R, originally
> written in C.
>
> This was announced in ITP bug #961158.

Thanks a lot for working on SnpEff preconditions.  That's really
appreciated.

> Would it be possible to have a review? It would be precious, as this is
> my first initial packaging!

Looks pretty good.  The only nitpicking comment would be that
in d/changelog you are repeating the version number inside the
text section.  I left it as is but its a bit redundant.

> It is in the Salsa repository [0].
>
> Beyond packaging, I have also written tests that allowed me to create a
> patch fixing issues in the original code (tiny errors from the
> conversion from initial C to Java code). I will forward the patch to
> upstream.

Very nice job!

> Thanks a lot and have a nice week,

Its uploaded now.  Thanks a lot again

     Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: RFS : libdistlib-java

Pierre Gruet
Hi Andreas,

Le 25/05/2020 à 23:12, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> Hi Pierre,
>
> On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 10:47:58PM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:
>> I have packaged libdistlib-java, which is a Java implementation of
>> several cdf, pdf, quantile and simulation functions from R, originally
>> written in C.
>>
> [...]
>>
>> Would it be possible to have a review? It would be precious, as this is
>> my first initial packaging!
>
> Looks pretty good.  The only nitpicking comment would be that
> in d/changelog you are repeating the version number inside the
> text section.  I left it as is but its a bit redundant.

Thanks for the review, the upload and this comment!
I shall avoid such redundancy next time.

> [...]
>
> Its uploaded now.  Thanks a lot again
>
>      Andreas.

Have a nice afternoon,