[RFS] opensurgsim

Nilesh Patra
Hi,
opensurgsim currently FTBFS as reported in the RC bug: 960496
I have fixed this, and this now builds in a clean chroot. It however reports a lintian warning, which it reported possibly right from it's first upload:

W: libopensurgsim: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libIdentityPoseDevice0.7.0 libKeyboardDevice0.7.0 libMouseDevice0.7.0 libMultiAxisDevice0.7.0 libReplayPoseDevice0.7.0 libSurgSimBlocks0.7.0 libSurgSimCollision0.7.0 libSurgSimDataStructures0.7.0 libSurgSimDeviceFilters0.7.0 libSurgSimDevices0.7.0 libSurgSimFramework0.7.0 libSurgSimGraphics0.7.0 libSurgSimInput0.7.0 libSurgSimMath0.7.0 libSurgSimParticles0.7.0 libSurgSimPhysics0.7.0

Not very sure as to how to go about this, since there are multiple .so files. Just maybe, this can be ignored.
My changes have been pushed to the team repo here[1].
Needs review and sponsorship.

Thanks and regards
Nilesh

Re: [RFS] opensurgsim

Andreas Tille-5
Hi Nilesh,

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 12:02:02PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:

> Not very sure as to how to go about this, since there are multiple .so
> files. Just maybe, this can be ignored.

Yes, this was ignored all the time.  Fixing it would mean to create as
many lib* packages as there are *.so files.  This effort is not
rectifyed to fix just a lintian warning.

> My changes have been pushed to the team repo here[1].
> Needs review and sponsorship.

Uploaded.  Thanks a log for your bug hunting work which is really
appreciated

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de