RFS tigr-glimmer: reinforced `make` error checking

RFS tigr-glimmer: reinforced `make` error checking

Étienne Mollier
Control: tags -1 patch

Good day,

I had a look at the package tigr-glimmer and wrote a patch to
reinforce the Makefile infrastructure where it seemed needed.
The issue can be reproduced by specifying an invalid C++
compiler and attempt a build:

        $ CXX=invalid-cpp make -C src

While the build errors with several messages about invalid-cpp
command not found, the `make` execution happily returns 0 to the
shell.  With the patch, it becomes error code 2 as expected.

The report mentions errors in the context of crossbuilding, but
I don't believe I have managed to trigger issues that way.
Of course if the following is supposed to be fatal, then there
is always a possibility that my patch is incomplete:

        /usr/lib/gcc-cross/riscv64-linux-gnu/9/../../../../riscv64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 when searching for libgcc_s.so.1

(Note that I just did a quick test, my build environment might
 have been the cleanest.)

The patch is available on Salsa and should be ready for upload:

        https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/tigr-glimmer/-/blob/master/debian/patches/make-errs.patch

(For once I have not forgotten about the git tag built added by
 the command routine-update.  :)

I hope this helps,
Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <[hidden email]>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d

Re: RFS tigr-glimmer: reinforced `make` error checking

Andreas Tille-5
Hi Étienne,
uploaded.  Thanks for your work on this, Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: RFS tigr-glimmer: reinforced `make` error checking

Étienne Mollier
Andreas Tille, on 2020-05-12 13:13:50 +0200:
> Hi Étienne,
> uploaded.  Thanks for your work on this, Andreas.

Hi Andreas,

You're welcome, thanks for the upload!

The patching could be even more defensive, but this should be
already good enough for the situation encountered on the field.

Kind Regards,