Re: Debian Project News - December 2nd, 2008

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Project News - December 2nd, 2008

Holger Levsen-2
Hi,

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 17:21, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> used. However, the kernel used for the installed system remains
> unchanged at version 2.6.24. In some cases this can mean that hardware
> which is supported during the installation does not work after the
> reboot into the installed system because support for it was added after
> the 2.6.24 version.

This (some hw works during installation but not later) can be easily solved:
by installing 2.6.26 from backports.org :-)

Can someone please add this info to "Limitations:" section on
http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/etchnhalf ?!

Also it would be nice if that page could state what the right contract address
for it is, I assume it's not debian-www.


regards,
        Holger

attachment0 (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Project News - December 2nd, 2008

Frans Pop-3
Holger Levsen wrote:
> This (some hw works during installation but not later) can be easily
> solved: by installing 2.6.26 from backports.org :-)
>
> Can someone please add this info to "Limitations:" section on
> http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/etchnhalf ?!

As there is no security support for backports I do not feel comfortable
adding this (the changes to the website were made by me and the article
for DPN was submitted by me).

I also do not think this actually is a "limitation" of etchnhalf itself.

> Also it would be nice if that page could state what the right contract
> address for it is, I assume it's not debian-www.

The correct address to discuss it would be (I think; I still find correct
mail addresses at teams.d.n almost impossible to find):
project-etchnahalf AT teams.debian.net

Not sure if anybody still really follows that list though (I have never
been subscribed to it...).

Cheers,
FJP

signature.asc (204 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Project News - December 2nd, 2008

Martin Wuertele
* Frans Pop <[hidden email]> [2008-12-02 23:10]:

> As there is no security support for backports I do not feel comfortable
> adding this (the changes to the website were made by me and the article
> for DPN was submitted by me).

How come you think so?
http://lists.backports.org/lurker-bpo/list/backports-security-announce.html

yours Martin


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Project News - December 2nd, 2008

Holger Levsen-2
In reply to this post by Frans Pop-3
Hi,

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 23:09, Frans Pop wrote:
> As there is no security support for backports I do not feel comfortable
> adding this

I'm sure people with said hardware would appreciate a working system with no
security support over having a unusable machine :)

And, as Martin said, bpo has security support now.

> project-etchnahalf AT teams.debian.net
> Not sure if anybody still really follows that list though (I have never
> been subscribed to it...).

I do :) And from the replies I got, I know others do.


regards,
        Holger

attachment0 (196 bytes) Download Attachment