Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Aurelien Jarno
On 2019-04-12 23:01, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Joerg Jaspert, le ven. 12 avril 2019 22:48:42 +0200, a ecrit:
> > back in August 2018 we discussed architecture inclusion into
> > unstable/experimental.
> >
> > Today we had our regular FTPMaster meeting and discussed hurd and both
> > kfreebsd architecture and decided to remove them from unstable and
> > experimental 2 weeks from now.
>
> Just before the Buster release? That's far from the easiest timing.
>
> I was hoping to do a non-official relase of Debian Hurd along Buster as
> usual, but a change of archive, which means uploading packages, fixing
> scripts, etc. will take a lot of time, which I simply just will not have
> within the coming two-three months (I am already struggling to find time
> to do what I engaged to). Basically, it means no non-official release of
> Debian Hurd along Buster. Or at best I could just make that non-official
> release now, with all the still pending RC bugs.
>
> How is the move to debian-ports supposed to happen? I won't have the
> time to do anything about it within the 2 weeks.

The process to inject all packages to debian-ports is to get all the
deb, udeb and buildinfo files from the archives (main and debug) and
associate them with the .changes files that are hosted on coccia. We'll
also need to fetch all the associated GPG keys used to sign the changes
files. Then we can inject that in the debian-ports archive.

It would be nice to have a bit more than 2 weeks to do all of that.

Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B
[hidden email]                 http://www.aurel32.net

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Philipp Kern-6
On 4/13/2019 12:49 PM, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> The process to inject all packages to debian-ports is to get all the
> deb, udeb and buildinfo files from the archives (main and debug) and
> associate them with the .changes files that are hosted on coccia. We'll
> also need to fetch all the associated GPG keys used to sign the changes
> files. Then we can inject that in the debian-ports archive.
I'm curious how the GPG bit works given that there is no guarantee that
the signature can be validated at any other point in time than ingestion
on ftp-master - especially considering the rotation/expiry of subkeys
and buildd keys. In this case the files already come from a trusted
source and should be ingested as-is, I guess? (Not that I particularly
like the fact that it's only a point in time validation.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo-2

Em sáb, 25 de mai de 2019 às 10:57, Aurelien Jarno
<[hidden email]> escreveu:

> kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports. As
> hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures
> have now been moved.

Nice :-)

Not sure who's the admin (I couldn't find the admin address in the
main pages), but they're not registered in the graphs (while
powerpcpse, recently removed, still is).

https://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-ports-week-big.png

--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <[hidden email]>