Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Joerg Jaspert
On 15371 March 1977, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

>> How is the move to debian-ports supposed to happen? I won't have the
>> time to do anything about it within the 2 weeks.

> The process to inject all packages to debian-ports is to get all the
> deb, udeb and buildinfo files from the archives (main and debug) and
> associate them with the .changes files that are hosted on coccia. We'll
> also need to fetch all the associated GPG keys used to sign the changes
> files. Then we can inject that in the debian-ports archive.

> It would be nice to have a bit more than 2 weeks to do all of that.

Ok. How much? Is 6 or 8 weeks better? I don't think, given how long this
is on the table already, it doesn't make much difference if its 2 or 8.
Just something thats clear defined and not some random, non-clear
"sometime in the future" point.

bye, Joerg

On 15381 March 1977, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

>> > It would be nice to have a bit more than 2 weeks to do all of that.
>> Ok. How much? Is 6 or 8 weeks better? I don't think, given how long this
>> is on the table already, it doesn't make much difference if its 2 or 8.
>> Just something thats clear defined and not some random, non-clear
>> "sometime in the future" point.
> The hurd-i386 architecture has been moved to to debian-ports yesterday.
> I hope it shows the willingness to do that. Please give us at least 4
> more weeks to do the remaining kfreebsd-*. That will provide some margin
> to account for the non-infinite free time to work on that (especially in
> the freeze period) and possibly to get more disk space for the
> debian-ports machine.

Thats ok, end of May is a nice point to take.

Thanks for the work and the timeframe for the rest!

bye, Joerg

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Aurelien Jarno
Hi,

On 2019-04-24 12:34, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> > > Ok. How much? Is 6 or 8 weeks better? I don't think, given how long this
> > > is on the table already, it doesn't make much difference if its 2 or 8.
> > > Just something thats clear defined and not some random, non-clear
> > > "sometime in the future" point.
> > The hurd-i386 architecture has been moved to to debian-ports yesterday.
> > I hope it shows the willingness to do that. Please give us at least 4
> > more weeks to do the remaining kfreebsd-*. That will provide some margin
> > to account for the non-infinite free time to work on that (especially in
> > the freeze period) and possibly to get more disk space for the
> > debian-ports machine.
>
> Thats ok, end of May is a nice point to take.
>
> Thanks for the work and the timeframe for the rest!
kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports. As
hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures
have now been moved.

Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B
[hidden email]                 http://www.aurel32.net

On 2019-05-25 13:00, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Em sáb, 25 de mai de 2019 às 10:57, Aurelien Jarno
> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
> >
> > kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports. As
> > hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures
> > have now been moved.
>
> Nice :-)
>
> Not sure who's the admin (I couldn't find the admin address in the
> main pages), but they're not registered in the graphs (while
> powerpcpse, recently removed, still is).
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-ports-week-big.png

There are still available on the on the main graph:
https://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-week-big.png

I'll move hurd and kbsd-* plots from the main one to the ports one, but
unless we do not keep the history, it's not a trivial task as it
requires migrating the data from one text database to the other
database.

Aurelien