Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Aurelien Jarno
On 2019-04-13 17:01, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> On 15371 March 1977, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>
> > > How is the move to debian-ports supposed to happen? I won't have the
> > > time to do anything about it within the 2 weeks.
>
> > The process to inject all packages to debian-ports is to get all the
> > deb, udeb and buildinfo files from the archives (main and debug) and
> > associate them with the .changes files that are hosted on coccia. We'll
> > also need to fetch all the associated GPG keys used to sign the changes
> > files. Then we can inject that in the debian-ports archive.
>
> > It would be nice to have a bit more than 2 weeks to do all of that.
>
> Ok. How much? Is 6 or 8 weeks better? I don't think, given how long this
> is on the table already, it doesn't make much difference if its 2 or 8.
> Just something thats clear defined and not some random, non-clear
> "sometime in the future" point.
The hurd-i386 architecture has been moved to to debian-ports yesterday.
I hope it shows the willingness to do that. Please give us at least 4
more weeks to do the remaining kfreebsd-*. That will provide some margin
to account for the non-infinite free time to work on that (especially in
the freeze period) and possibly to get more disk space for the
debian-ports machine.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B
[hidden email]                 http://www.aurel32.net

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Joerg Jaspert
On 15413 March 1977, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

>> Thats ok, end of May is a nice point to take.
>> Thanks for the work and the timeframe for the rest!
> kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports. As
> hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures
> have now been moved.

Thank you!

bye, Joerg

RE: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Johnson Steward
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I can't help asking if that "15381 March 1977" was on purpose or just from some wonky email client: 15380 days after March 1st 1977 happens to be April 10th 2019, so...

--
Pengcheng Xu
https://jsteward.moe/

^^^ HERE

> or 8.
> > > The hurd-i386 architecture has been moved to to debian-ports yesterday.
> > > I hope it shows the willingness to do that. Please give us at least
> > > 4 more weeks to do the remaining kfreebsd-*. That will provide some
> > > margin to account for the non-infinite free time to work on that
> > > (especially in the freeze period) and possibly to get more disk
> > > space for the debian-ports machine.
> >
> > Thats ok, end of May is a nice point to take.
> >
> > Thanks for the work and the timeframe for the rest!
>
> kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 have now been moved to debian-ports.
> As
> hurd-i386 has been moved earlier, it means that all the 3 architectures have
> now been moved.
>
> Aurelien
>
> --
> Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B
> [hidden email]                 http://www.aurel32.net

openpgp-digital-signature.asc (851 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
Could you PLEASE stop posting to debian-ports@? You are sending these mails to every Debian Ports architecture mailing list.

I already asked for the third time now.

Thank You,