Re: [Pkg-electronics-devel] Salsa access, creating additional git repos

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pkg-electronics-devel] Salsa access, creating additional git repos

Geert Stappers
On Sun, Aug 05, 2018 at 01:12:45PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 05, 2018 at 12:19:20PM +0200, Ruben Undheim wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to request access to Debian Electronics on Salsa. (access to add
> > new projects)
> >
> > Currently I am maintaining packages such as:
> >  yosys - Verilog Synthesis tool
> >  magic - GDS viewer
> >  arachne-pnr - Tool chain for making FPGA bitstreams for Lattice ICE FPGAs
> >  fpga-icestorm - Other open source tools for dealing with Lattice ICE FPGAs
> >  qrouter - Router for digital ASIC designs
> >  graywolf - Placement for digital ASIC designs
> >  qflow - A complete ASIC development flow for integrated circuits
> >
>
> There is now  https://salsa.debian.org/electronics-team/fpga-icestorm
>
> Testdrive it, so I can create the other simular.
>
>
> > I keep them in the Debian Science team, but they are all candidates for being
> > moved to the Electronics team.
>
> Mmm, I missed that previously.
>
>

So now has Salsa _two_   fpga-icestorm   git repositories.

That should only be temporary.


I'm fine with having    fpga-icestorm under electronics-team.


However the switch over should be clean.
Meaning there is work to be done at the Debian Science team side.

I'm volunteer for the job.
Thing that I do need some kind of acknowledge or approval
from other members of both teams. In one word:   concensus



Advice for Ruben:
 * update VCS field in the science repo of  fpga-icestorm
 * put that content into the  electronics team repo
 * still test drive that first (electronics) repo
 * help with creating concensus in both team on the change you (and I) want


Groeten
Geert Stappers
Debian Developer, new to [hidden email]
--
Leven en laten leven

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pkg-electronics-devel] Salsa access, creating additional git repos

Ruben Undheim-2
Hi Geert,

> So now has Salsa _two_   fpga-icestorm   git repositories.
>
> That should only be temporary.
>
>
> I'm fine with having    fpga-icestorm under electronics-team.
>
>
> However the switch over should be clean.
> Meaning there is work to be done at the Debian Science team side.

Yes, the switch should be clean. Note however that all those packages have been
brought into Debian Science by me, and all except one, have been maintained
exclusively by me (but with a lot of sponsoring help from Debian Science!).

> I'm volunteer for the job.
> Thing that I do need some kind of acknowledge or approval
> from other members of both teams. In one word:   concensus

Seen from my side, there must be a good reason for moving the packages into the
the Debian Electronics team. I am quite happy with the Debian Science team
(although it is big). If I end up doing the move and end up in a team where
nobody is helpful and friendly, then they can rather stay where they are :D
 
> Advice for Ruben:
>  * update VCS field in the science repo of  fpga-icestorm
>  * put that content into the  electronics team repo
>  * still test drive that first (electronics) repo
>  * help with creating concensus in both team on the change you (and I) want

Thanks. Sounds like the correct procedure (when I have made up my mind).


Do you have the permission to change my status from "Developer" to "Maintainer"
on the Salsa team page ? ( Very strange that the privileges for the two roles are
in a way reversed in Salsa when compared to Debian ) This would give me the same
access as I currently have in Debian Science (and several other teams). :D

Cheers
Ruben

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pkg-electronics-devel] Salsa access, creating additional git repos

Ruben Undheim-2
Hi members of the Debian Science and Debian Eletronics teams,

> > > Currently I am maintaining packages such as:
> > >  yosys - Verilog Synthesis tool
> > >  magic - GDS viewer
> > >  arachne-pnr - Tool chain for making FPGA bitstreams for Lattice ICE FPGAs
> > >  fpga-icestorm - Other open source tools for dealing with Lattice ICE FPGAs
> > >  qrouter - Router for digital ASIC designs
> > >  graywolf - Placement for digital ASIC designs
> > >  qflow - A complete ASIC development flow for integrated circuits

I am considering moving some or all of these packages over to the Electronics
team.

> > Advice for Ruben:
> >  * update VCS field in the science repo of  fpga-icestorm
> >  * put that content into the  electronics team repo
> >  * still test drive that first (electronics) repo
> >  * help with creating concensus in both team on the change you (and I) want

So, I will start with fpga-icestorm and see how it goes. Since we should have
consensus, and it is hard to get everyone to reply saying "I agree", I phrase
the question this way:

 Does anyone object to the decision of moving these packages over to the
 Electronics team?

If no reply within a couple of days, I will probably go ahead with
fpga-icestorm.


Best regards
Ruben

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pkg-electronics-devel] Salsa access, creating additional git repos

Bdale Garbee
Sounds good to me.

On August 10, 2018 6:25:01 AM MDT, Ruben Undheim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi members of the Debian Science and Debian Eletronics teams,

Currently I am maintaining packages such as:
yosys - Verilog Synthesis tool
magic - GDS viewer
arachne-pnr - Tool chain for making FPGA bitstreams for Lattice ICE FPGAs
fpga-icestorm - Other open source tools for dealing with Lattice ICE FPGAs
qrouter - Router for digital ASIC designs
graywolf - Placement for digital ASIC designs
qflow - A complete ASIC development flow for integrated circuits

I am considering moving some or all of these packages over to the Electronics
team.

Advice for Ruben:
* update VCS field in the science repo of fpga-icestorm
* put that content into the electronics team repo
* still test drive that first (electronics) repo
* help with creating concensus in both team on the change you (and I) want

So, I will start with fpga-icestorm and see how it goes. Since we should have
consensus, and it is hard to get everyone to reply saying "I agree", I phrase
the question this way:

Does anyone object to the decision of moving these packages over to the
Electronics team?

If no reply within a couple of days, I will probably go ahead with
fpga-icestorm.


Best regards
Ruben



Pkg-electronics-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-electronics-devel

--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pkg-electronics-devel] Salsa access, creating additional git repos

Steffen Möller
Sounds good to me, too - just, please find another package that you can
maintain for Debian Science :)

Best,

Steffen

On 8/10/18 4:33 PM, Bdale Garbee wrote:

> Sounds good to me.
>
> On August 10, 2018 6:25:01 AM MDT, Ruben Undheim <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi members of the Debian Science and Debian Eletronics teams,
>
>                 Currently I am maintaining packages such as: yosys -
>                 Verilog Synthesis tool magic - GDS viewer arachne-pnr
>                 - Tool chain for making FPGA bitstreams for Lattice
>                 ICE FPGAs fpga-icestorm - Other open source tools for
>                 dealing with Lattice ICE FPGAs qrouter - Router for
>                 digital ASIC designs graywolf - Placement for digital
>                 ASIC designs qflow - A complete ASIC development flow
>                 for integrated circuits
>
>
>     I am considering moving some or all of these packages over to the Electronics
>     team.
>
>             Advice for Ruben: * update VCS field in the science repo
>             of fpga-icestorm * put that content into the electronics
>             team repo * still test drive that first (electronics) repo
>             * help with creating concensus in both team on the change
>             you (and I) want
>
>
>     So, I will start with fpga-icestorm and see how it goes. Since we should have
>     consensus, and it is hard to get everyone to reply saying "I agree", I phrase
>     the question this way:
>
>      Does anyone object to the decision of moving these packages over to the
>      Electronics team?
>
>     If no reply within a couple of days, I will probably go ahead with
>     fpga-icestorm.
>
>
>     Best regards
>     Ruben
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>     Pkg-electronics-devel mailing list
>     [hidden email]
>     https://alioth-lists.debian.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-electronics-devel
>
>
> --
> Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.