Re: Re: Losing IPv6 connectivity after 20min, why?

Re: Re: Losing IPv6 connectivity after 20min, why?

Info-24
Hello Olaf,

I've run at the exactly same issue, but delay on my end is around ~1 min.
I'm also on fresh/brand-new Hetzner root server, no changes applied, ipv6 wasn't working from the beginning.

Also for some weird reason fe80::1missing lladdr (MAC) in neighbour:

# ip neigh
fe80::1 dev eth0  FAILED
176.9.XX.XX dev eth0 lladdr 00:31:XX:XX:XX:XX REACHABLE

Anyways could you tell - have you solved this issue? If so, how?

Sincerely.

Re: Losing IPv6 connectivity after 20min, why?

Alexander Koeppe-2
Am 20.04.2017 um 03:53 schrieb Info:

> Hello Olaf,
>
> I've run at the exactly same issue, but delay on my end is around ~1 min.
> I'm also on fresh/brand-new Hetzner root server, no changes applied, ipv6 wasn't working from the beginning.
>
> Also for some weird reason fe80::1missing lladdr (MAC) in neighbour:
>
> # ip neigh
> fe80::1 dev eth0  FAILED
> 176.9.XX.XX dev eth0 lladdr 00:31:XX:XX:XX:XX REACHABLE
>
> Anyways could you tell - have you solved this issue? If so, how?
>
> Sincerely.

Have you ever thought using EUI-64 instead of manually setting the
link-local address manually?

A possible reason may be a duplicate address on the same link which
isn't very unlikely using fe80::1.

Cheers Alex