Re: Solicitation for propoganda

Arne Wichmann-2

[Quoted in full for those who have not seen it yet]

begin  quotation  from Alexander Jackson (in <CAEPrnZhJAfZq=[hidden email]>):

> Dear Debian Project,
>
> I am a member of the South Mississippi Linux User Group, an organization
> aimed at networking FOSS enthusiasts and introducing new users to open
> source software, especially GNU/Linux operating systems.
>
> This December 12-14, we will be hosting a vendor table at the Geekonomicon
> in Biloxi, Mississippi. The Geekonomicon provides us a great opportunity to
> make an impression on a prime target audience of potential Linux users:
> geeks and academics
>
> At our table, we plan to lure these future users by displaying the wide
> variety of available software, ready-to-use distros, and the convenience of
> package management systems. Users will be able to try various distros
> without having to install them by using our PXE server, and we hope to make
> a good impression by offering them information and advice from our
> experienced group.
>
> In order to pique interest in Linux, we need any materials we can get,
> especially disks, which bring a professional look and bear the insignia of
> their projects. We are reaching out to many FOSS organizations in the hopes
> of getting such materials, and anything we receive will be prominently
> displayed, bragged about, and distributed.
>
> If there is any any assistance your project can provide us in our mission,
> please let me know at [hidden email].
>
> Much appreciated,
>
> SMLUG

If I remember correctly we have some DVDs left over here in Berlin, Germany
- - the question would be how we could efficiently ship them and who homes
them at the moment.

cu

AW
- --
[...] If you don't want to be restricted, don't agree to it. If you are
coerced, comply as much as you must to protect yourself, just don't support
it. Noone can free you but yourself. (crag, on Debian Planet)
Arne Wichmann ([hidden email])

Re: Solicitation for propoganda

Mika Pflüger
Hi,

unfortunately, all the Berlin DVDs are gone already. The last ones were
dispensed to the crowd at CCC almost a year ago.

Cheers,

Mika